PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I wanted to see how the fan base was doing, after tragically winning a game, horribly holding the other guys to 3 points, and Jones going a terrible 23 for 27 for 246 terrible sub-par yards and no interceptions.

I can't wait to get the full game availability so I can see how horrible our playcalling is, blah blah blah. Most whining uses exact carbon copy terminology, and that usually echoes the sports media. People in Boston hate their team. Props to those of you also celebrating and enjoying the win. For the rest of you, Jesus, do you ever give it a rest? Are you even aware that you only get a W or an L, not extra points for scoring in buckets?

And anybody who's not cheering for an interception-free Mac Jones game, I don't know what you've been watching this season.

Sure, 3 offensive points isn't enough. Raise your hand if you didn't know that.

Just watch the other games and see how long the QBs have to throw.

Neither. I'd rather have Strange there. If Wynn isn't hurt badly, put him at LG next to Trent.
You say Strange. Ashley says maybe Hines. I say Kody Russey. Bill says Thanksdad.

After reading this post, you'd never know we won today.

Enjjoy the win!!!
Trolls:

I’m sure he’s got nothing better to do than to yell at some big boys that could crush/stomp him like an ant.
Dante was in the charity military pickle ball tournament "cut away" segment they showed during the game so he's still "with" the team. To paraphrase Patches O'Houlihan "if you can play the pickle, you can coach the OL!"

I'm relentlessly pointing our the flaws in people's arguments. It's not all Mac, it's about 60% Mac
Mac did exactly what everyone on this board was asking him to do - protect the ball, take what the defense gave him. The team moved the ball pretty well overall, they self destructed in the red zone with stupid penalties and going away from the plays that were successful. It doesn't help that J. Smith flat out dropped the ball when he had a clear path to the end zone.

You seem mad. Are you going to be fine after today's result?
No... I am not going to be alright. The dynasty years showed improvement throughout the season. This offense is going backwards. They scored three points! The countless mental errors... Only ten guys on the field. Illegal formation. Be happy beating the jets but we saw this last year when the pats rolled into buffalo and passed once or twice then they got steamrolled by buffalo. If you can't score points you are not going to win many game. Mac Jones is essentially rex Grossman and we have the bears defense. Are you happy with the growth you've seen from the offense?

Mac did exactly what everyone on this board was asking him to do - protect the ball, take what the defense gave him. The team moved the ball pretty well overall, they self destructed in the red zone with stupid penalties and going away from the plays that were successful. It doesn't help that J. Smith flat out dropped the ball when he had a clear path to the end zone.
Red zone offense separates the contenders from the pretenders

The verdict is out if he is a franchise QB.
I’m hoping for a Bronco win to get skippy and the staff back here.

We've won 5 of the last 6, and the negative Nancy's here are all out in force. Bad fans.

We played one of the top defenses in football today, in very tough wind conditions, with two starting OL knocked out early, and Trent Brown sick. The offense ran up 300 yards of offense, and would've scored 9-12 points had BB gone exclusively for short FG's (i.e., no drop backs inside the 25).

Stop the *****in about Mac, MP, Wynn, Strange, et al. It's a work in progress, and our record says it's working. Truly tiresome listening to the primadonnas. Sign up for the NFL package and follow the Bills.

I just want to point out that the Patriots actually dominated this game. Their offense was better. Their defense was better. And their special teams (thanks to the punt return TD) were better.

They had 2x the number of first downs. Nearly 3x the number of yards gained. More than 2x the number of yards gained per play. They actually moved the ball quite a bit against the Jets today, but yeah, big time struggle once they got into position to score. So that's a huge, huge problem that they need to figure out.

But the TV announcers were acting like somehow this was a game the Jets deserved to win but didn't. No they didn't. They didn't do jack today. The Patriots dominated them up and down the field all game long.

No... I am not going to be alright. The dynasty years showed improvement throughout the season. This offense is going backwards. They scored three points! The countless mental errors... Only ten guys on the field. Illegal formation. Be happy beating the jets but we saw this last year when the pats rolled into buffalo and passed once or twice then they got steamrolled by buffalo. If you can't score points you are not going to win many game. Mac Jones is essentially rex Grossman and we have the bears defense. Are you happy with the growth you've seen from the offense?

Red zone offense separates the contenders from the pretenders
Until the entire offense, starting with the OL and play calling, shows improvement the the team has a hard ceiling. Losing Andrews is not a good sign. Hopefully Brown will come back with the necessary focus. I have not seen why he was replaced by Wynn.

EDIT: just saw that Brown was sick. That is good news compared to injury or attitude problems.

I wanted to see how the fan base was doing, after tragically winning a game, horribly holding the other guys to 3 points, and Jones going a terrible 23 for 27 for 246 terrible sub-par yards and no interceptions.

I can't wait to get the full game availability so I can see how horrible our playcalling is, blah blah blah. Most whining uses exact carbon copy terminology, and that usually echoes the sports media. People in Boston hate their team. Props to those of you also celebrating and enjoying the win. For the rest of you, Jesus, do you ever give it a rest? Are you even aware that you only get a W or an L, not extra points for scoring in buckets?

And anybody who's not cheering for an interception-free Mac Jones game, I don't know what you've been watching this season.

Sure, 3 offensive points isn't enough. Raise your hand if you didn't know that.
The negative nancies have taken over this board. People define fandom in different ways I guess. I personally think it means cheering them on no matter what and enjoy the wins and good plays when they come. Others seem to think it means following a team, cheering them when they are a top 5 team in the league, and rip them the rest of the time. I honestly think fans of other teams are easier on the patriots players/staff than some people here.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back