PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I hate the Jete so much that today's victory left me unsatisfied. I wanted TD's on every possession in the red zone. I'll feel different in a day or two.

Dominant on d, imagine if/when Gilmore returns. Front 7 looked nasty

Mac was pretty solid, very happy thus far

Offense was sloppy, if brown is out any further move onwenu to rt. But hopefully hes back soon. If the ol keeps the pocket clean our offense will look totally different

Jonnu needs to be better after the catch. Had some opportunities to make plays , last week was half a foot from breaking a long one, he’ll hopefully come through

Folk is incredible, missed xp but nailed the fgs including a long one

harris is a beast, but id like to see jj or whoever the #2 is get more handles. Its a 17 game season, i thought our last offensive series was a good chance to rest him when were already in fg range to put the game away

jcj is gonna get a nice payday if he continues to hold his own as a #1

Last edited:
Mac will begin to throw the ball diwnfield. They are bringing him a long slowly when the situation allows for it.

Run defense is a real problem.

We went from the GOAT to a rookie, but reading this board people's expectations are still are stuck on GOAT.

After last season I'm thrilled to have an accurate, cerebral QB.
I like Mac. I don't expect him to be the GOAT. I just want to see him continue to do well. Right now he certainly seems on pace to give us what a chance to be competitive in the next 4 years on his rookie deal if we can put a REALLY good team around him. I'm hoping for a HOFer though. Right now i'm not seeing that potential, that's okay. It is a long shot hope anyway.

Hey, its great to have a win. But, they can't keep the offense on training wheels all year. The Jets are about the worst team in the league, and we won't luck into 4INTs a week. Starting next week it's time to open up a bit or we're going to quickly find ourselves 1-5. As always, it just seems like JMD is too cautious and doesn't seem to understand rhythm. We have to keep feeding the TE's more, and stay dedicated to Harris running.

Last week: we lost, we’re looking good!

This week: we won, we suck!

(I am not disagreeing with that line of thinking BTW)

JC Jackson didn’t play in the 2nd half and won’t say why.

A win is a win. We need to improve the RedZone offense. Our run defense needs work. McDaniels needs to open up the playbook. Mac is capable. FGs will not help us win, we need TDs!

Just watched the replay again.

Bentley SUCKS. How many times is this guy going to whiff on a tackle or take the wrong angle and completely miss a guy. Give all of Bentley's snaps to Dugget or Philips. This season is reminding me way too much of 2005 with a one trick pony OC hell bent on getting our QB killed, and a defense that can't stop the run.

And needless to say Durant and Herron suck. RT is a big problem. Play Karras at LG and slide Onwenu to tackle.

Finally, the red zone woes have been 3 years in a row including Brady's last year. This oc is a one trick pony. Our offense is playing checkers while defenses are playing chess in the red zone. We need to increase the IQ level of our offensive coaching staff.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back