PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Dolphins!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a little harsh on the Harry hate....it's old age, I'm cantankerous these days. Hopefully he steps it up going forward. Just hate those plays that give a 14 point swing to the other team
They definitely stink but the team survived, so it will end up being a very valuable and ultimately harmless lesson.

Yes exactly. So how about a starting wideout one would actually call a couple plays for ?
I am guessing the coaching plan was to have him stretch the field in an attempt to prevent Miami from stacking the line. Considering where Newton must be on his learning curve of the offense, I don't see what other wide receiver would have done anything today. The alternatives are Jakobi Myers, Matthew Slater or re-signing Sanu.

New style offense is gonna take some time to get used to. I hate Harry now and I'm a huge Pats homer...this guy sucks...period.I'd rathyer get Terrell Owens to come out of retirement that this stiff playing

It's still a little early for Harry after he got off to a slow start, but it doesn't look good. I still can't understand why they have trouble finding top WR's.

Harry hate after this game is just another ridiculous thing here.

If anything the main takeaway should be that they actually have a fit for him in this offence (hence releasing Sanu) and it looked solid on most part.
Sure he was a bit eager for TD on fumble play but thats understandable considering the chip he is carrying. And then defenders are people too - a great D play. Ironically, if he'd made the TD (on a bad decision that goes against BB philosophy) hed be the hero here..

The real Q is how he can process this sort of things mentally bc it seems it gets to him too much.
Cam can help in lightening up department bc this kid sure can use it..

Harry hate after this game is just another ridiculous thing here.

If anything the main takeaway should be that they actually have a fit for him in this offence (hence releasing Sanu) and it looked solid on most part.
Sure he was a bit eager for TD on fumble play but thats understandable considering the chip he is carrying. And then defenders are people too - a great D play. Ironically, if he'd made the TD (on a bad decision that goes against BB philosophy) hed be the hero here..

The real Q is how he can process this sort of things mentally bc it seems it gets to him too much.
Cam can help in lightening up department bc this kid sure can use it..

He DIDN'T make the TD. He FAILED to secure the ball inside the 5 from a single defender.That's a fresh set of down inside the 5 with 250 pound Cam Newton at QB. I'd like to think he'd learn ball security in this league LAST YEAR...but, you're right in part, it is only the 1st game...lot of time and practice to improve. I hope he does. He has to with this O group of receivers.

Harry: while I hated his selfish stretch for the goal line when close to the sidelines, I can understand being over-eager especially after last season. He wants to prove himself.

What was worse was his first reception. After the catch, he's running at the DB and I think "he's going to plow through this dude for a first down". And he... crumpled. It looked like he ran into a wall. Come on, man.

Harry: while I hated his selfish stretch for the goal line when close to the sidelines, I can understand being over-eager especially after last season. He wants to prove himself.

What was worse was his first reception. After the catch, he's running at the DB and I think "he's going to plow through this dude for a first down". And he... crumpled. It looked like he ran into a wall. Come on, man.

I actually thought his power on the first reception was decent. Didn't he get the 1st down? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Ashley, I find your "ha ha" response insulting to us forum fans.

Speak for yourself.
I find your and bradytogronktomoss' posts to be an embarrassment to us forum fans.
Talk about overly-sensitive. Y'all both need thicker skin and maybe grow a pair. Jesus.
She apologized.

Joejuan Williams was wearing an old Color Rush jersey (old fonts). Eluemanor's jersey had the new lettering but the old number font. The equipment staff is in preseason mode.

Last edited:
Harry was not great but improved. He looked better than last year, but not at full speed yet. BB always says that the trick is to predict what the draft pick will look like in Y3. I think Harry will be good next year. I know people are probably impatient, but Harry did improve and it looks like his mind is not quite there yet. But I think he is trying hard and if he continues to push hard he will be good starting next year - the game will slow down for him. Harry should be happy after today, and will be serviceable for this year.

Did Myers catch a pass? I did not hear his name. Is he still protecting his shoulder?

I was bummed to not see anything out of the rookie tight ends. I saw Asiasi on the field late, was Keene active?

In other news I have no idea how to pronounce Eluemunor. It just became ElManure which then became ElShitbag. I'm hoping his play motivates me to learn how to pronounce his name correctly..

I was bummed to not see anything out of the rookie tight ends. I saw Asiasi on the field late, was Keene active?

In other news I have no idea how to pronounce Eluemunor. It just became ElManure which then became ElShitbag. I'm hoping his play motivates me to learn how to pronounce his name correctly..

They scored 2 QB rush TDs off right tackle so it seems to be working alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back