I agree 100% on point 1 Cam was really good but i think that Sony Michel playied well too...the day after and i am still so happy about overall performance and starting with a win#1 Cam Newton is a REAL starting NFL QB. He showed why he won the job out of camp. He IS who we THOUGHT he was!
#2 N'Keal Harry looked neither composed nor explosive. Made a bad blunder fumbling the ball through the endzone. Don't be surprised if he gets cut sooner rather than later. The only problem is we barely have enough healthy bodies at WR as of now.
#3 New England's STIFLING defense returns! It was a grindout win and our D played a huge part in containing the Dolphins, holding Fitzpatrick to 3 interceptions and under 200 yards passing. Really impressed with this unit.
#4 Tight Ends. What Tight Ends? This unit went MIA today, continuing the misery of last season. Only 1 catch out of the group for the whole game.
#5 What's wrong with Sony Michel? He seems to have lost that burst that made him look so good his rookie season. He should have had the entire offseason to work off any niggling injuries, right? Less than 4 ypc from Michel and our QB doubled up on Sony's rushing yards. Not a good look for the young man taken with a 1st round pick ahead of the likes of Nick Chubb and Ronald Jones.
Bedard has been saying all training camp that Izzo had made great strides.I think things are more promising at TE when we get to see Asiasi and Keene on the field. I liked the look of Izzo when we drafted him but things did not go too well last year....but if he can build from last nights game...we could be in better shape. WR's are still a work in progress but I hope Harry can get a touchdown or two to help him along.....the Seahawks game might suit him
Folk was reliable the second half of last year when he took over for Ghost. You might also recall that he kicked in his first game last year exactly 8 days after undergoing an appendectomy.A few things from yesterday:
- First and foremost, we shouldn't draw too many conclusions after one game especially with no preseason.
- I really liked what Cam did yesterday. I don't think he can play that same type of game all year with the running. But the Dolphins suck against the run and it was a good gameplan for them.
- I felt yesterday's offense was much like what McDaniels did in 2011 with the Broncos and Tebow. Granted Cam is worlds better than Tebow especially when it comes to passing.
- I feel people are giving Harry way too much crap. Yes, he has been a major disappointment thus far, but he did show a few good things yesterday, he had no preseason, he is getting in rhythm with a new QB, and IR set him back last year. I think we need to give him at least half the season to prove himself.
- The defense was much better than I thought it would be. Yes, they gotta figure out a way to better pressuring the QB (but Fitzpatrick has always had good fortune against the Pats' pass rush). But the secondary is still arguably the best in the league. I think that is enough as long as we don't face many teams with a strong running game.
- I don't mind Edelman being on a pitch count right now. He goes down and the Pats offense is screwed.
- I don't get Belichick's affinity for Nick Folk. There has to be another kicker out there who is better than him. I am available if he wants to hire me. I think I could do better.
chase mclaughlin is a free agent.I don't get Belichick's affinity for Nick Folk. There has to be another kicker out there who is better than him. I am available if he wants to hire me. I think I could do better.
While I’d love McLaughlin in NE, I believe he’s designated as “protected” on the Vikings PS; although that can change weekly..chase mclaughlin is a free agent.
he nailed everything (10 for 10) between 0-39, was 50% (5 for 10) on 40-49 and was 3 for 3 on 50+ and he was 100% (26 for 26) on XP last year
definitely think he is worth at least working out
oh didn't see that, last I had seen he was available.While I’d love McLaughlin in NE, I believe he’s designated as “protected” on the Vikings PS; although that can change weekly..
Fair enough, but he needs some help from the rookies.In the past he has been absolutely abysmal at blocking to the point that LaCosse played inline blocker over him. So if blocking is his main job we better hope he really leveled up this year. We shall see when 3-4 games are in the books.
Agreed. With a whole lot of cap space to sign a few "value guys" for depth (maybe replace Copeland and Brooks). Of course there is more cap space if Stidham steps up, but that is not looking good since he was inactive Sunday and the Pats signed another QB to the practice squad on Monday.With all the experience Anfernee, Dugger, Uche, JoeJuan, Bentley, Winovich, Cowart, etc. are going to get this year, we'l be totally stacked on defense next season, dominant.