PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Chargers

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

He is from Carolina and went there without taking a bump because he didn’t really have a choice.
He could have played here with our an increase, assuming he is even ready to play.

Seriously, Dude. I expect this sort of garbage out of DKF and Deus (amongst others). Why can't you acknowledge that an IT player had an AVERAGE game? Hmm? I know it's not beyond your capability. But this super exaggerative garbage is ridiculous. Especially for you.
I'm not going to hit you with a negative icon. I disagree with you about your C rating. To me it's exaggerative garbage to heap All Pro QB expectations on a ROOKIE qb 8 games into a season with a lousy OL, 2nd and 3rd tier WR's,one reliable RB and a leaky secondary. No, it wasn't a 54-13 blowout of the Jets but it was a QUITE SATISFYING performance by the kid given all the attendant circumstances. Feel free to continue rating his play as you do, just permit ME the luxury of my opinion.

I am talking about Justin Herbert and not Mac Jones.

Yes, Belichick had his way with Peyton Manning early in his career, but it was a different era. But again, I am talking about Herbert.
I thought you were talking about Mac and THIS, his first season. My mistake. One caveat however...it wasn't only Bill who "had his way" with Manning early on...it was dyam near everybody.

Were the refs correct to pick up the holding / PI flag on Henry near the goal line on the drive we failed on 4th and goal? He pretended to block, then went to release , and was clearly held but the refs said no flag because he was pretending to block at first. I don't know the rule at all but I think it'd be pretty clear to a defender when someone is no longer blocking them and trying to run a route??

I thought you were talking about Mac and THIS, his first season. My mistake. One caveat however...it wasn't only Bill who "had his way" with Manning early on...it was dyam near everybody.

No problem. It is too early for hard conclusions on Herbert too, but it is also too early for the people who are labeling him the next elite QB too.

The anti-BB/Brady boys crowd after today's results

trey-tre.gif

And he went to Carolina with no increase. Reality overcomes your belief.
The price to play in NE was clearly higher than Carolina.

It's a bad take on Mills, he wasn't brought in here to be the starting outside corner, he's a jack of all trades...our cb position is our weakest position and he's playing there because we have no depth there.

We won, we're 4-4 and we're getting on a roll!!!!!
Need to rewatch (link to play?) Looked like rcvr' pushed/launched up/off defender. Good move, if he did
BB still has his fast ball.
Answered for me vs The Jets
Stay in that habit and we're good to go. Give me one more and I'm calling a turning point.

Again, Jets game got me.

First time I felt level about TB/TB
Future looking like the very excellent past, thank you BB.
Team is startlingly close to being a great team. Details.

Anyone else suspect BB of'playing with his food" today?
LAC:
no nOT THE CLIPPERS:
BUT still LACK:

Herbert traumatized. Full Frontal Lo-BB-o-To-Me

Respect for RB Austin Eckler.. Showed up hurt, showed up to play.
One pos. where Chargers changed, from the prior p.o.s.

Finally got to watch the replay. I was out with the kids acquiring way too much candy. Mac played better than the competition percentage and the complaining on this board made it sound. Generally the right reads. Some of his misses looked like safe overthrows when he had nowhere to go with the ball. Or what about the slant pass to Bourne in the red zone that went off the receiver's hands -- could have easily been a TD, and then he wouldn't have followed up with a few more incompletions, etc. For a rookie on the road, it really wasn't bad. Not his best game of the season, sure, but not terrible by any means.

Miles Bryant was solid out there, kid looks like a player. Fast and has some pop. I'm not sure who was covering Mike Williams but he was effectively shut down.

Nah it's accurate.
There's not one poster on here that has said they hope the Pats lose or are mad when they win.

Team Bill however, pumps their chest after each win which most of them have been against losing teams. This is only the 3rd winning team that they have beaten in the last two years and is now 11-13 post Brady.

Were the refs correct to pick up the holding / PI flag on Henry near the goal line on the drive we failed on 4th and goal? He pretended to block, then went to release , and was clearly held but the refs said no flag because he was pretending to block at first. I don't know the rule at all but I think it'd be pretty clear to a defender when someone is no longer blocking them and trying to run a route??
If it's at the 1 yard line you can keep hitting them no matter what, they have to break beyond that 1 yard for it to matter

Our best win since beating the Ravens last season. Definitely a good sign.

Finally got to watch the replay. I was out with the kids acquiring way too much candy. Mac played better than the competition percentage and the complaining on this board made it sound. Generally the right reads. Some of his misses looked like safe overthrows when he had nowhere to go with the ball. Or what about the slant pass to Bourne in the red zone that went off the receiver's hands -- could have easily been a TD, and then he wouldn't have followed up with a few more incompletions, etc. For a rookie on the road, it really wasn't bad. Not his best game of the season, sure, but not terrible by any means.
I really liked Mac's play today, but that one to Bourne inside the 10 was a pretty bad pass. Should have been a TD but it was badly thrown

There's not one poster on here that has said they hope the Pats lose or are mad when they win.

Team Bill however, pumps their chest after each win which most of them have been against losing teams. This is only the 3rd winning team that they have beaten in the last two years.
First on the road in almost 2 full calendar years.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back