PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Browns

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Well he was once the greatest defensive mind of all time in his prime. He’s still probably the best in the league as a defensive coach

Definitely, but to do it as an HC/GM during probably the most difficult stretch of his career, keeping his defense motivated when it's normally the offense not holding up their half, keeping the secondary consistent with #1 CB departures of Gilmore, then Jackson, etc. - it's just a really impressive accomplishment when considering all the other noise of keeping up as an HC/GM

Zappe beats Det and the Browns and of course many reactionary fans think Zappe is a better QB than Jones.
Sure, he looks good with no pressure and open receivers, but most any QB would. Not to add playing with the lead, which helps immensely.

Why were we behind in the miami game?

I said before the Pats have improved and Zappe is benefitting from it. He's also contributing to it. Mac should also benefit from it. If he doesn't then what comes next will be a decision Bill has to make.
All I know is Mac will be hungry, wants to solidify his spot as starting QB, this is fun! Having 2 capable starting qbs, the team has knocked the draft out the part last few seasons.. I'm sure the team wants Mac back close to 100% as can be..

Chicago and jets have some of the tougher d lines in the league.. I'm curious to see though how zappe would fare against the vikings, Cincinnati, those offensive powers..

This idea, the Mac 50-50 ball offense, and the new simpler, vanilla Zappe offense argumente keep coming up. I honestly don't understand them. So, with Mac, Patricia/BB were running a more complicated offense that resulted in less open receivers with the goal of throwing aggressive 50-50 balls down the field? But with Zappe, they've decided to go with the simple offense that creates wide open receivers?
I'm seriously open to hearing a better explanation of this, but the easier reasoning for a simpleton like myself is, dare I say it.. improved qb play.
There are many examples in the first three games where players were wide open and Mac was not seeing them. Is he a robot and are the patriots treating him as such? Find the open guy vice turning the damn football over. I will find clips and post to show that players were getting open the first three games. When did BB decide to go for style points vice just win?

All I know is Mac will be hungry, wants to solidify his spot as starting QB, this is fun! Having 2 capable starting qbs, the team has knocked the draft out the part last few seasons.. I'm sure the team wants Mac back close to 100% as can be..

Chicago and jets have some of the tougher d lines in the league.. I'm curious to see though how zappe would fare against the vikings, Cincinnati, those offensive powers..
There are many examples in the first three games where players were wide open and Mac was not seeing them. Is he a robot and are the patriots treating him as such? Find the open guy vice turning the damn football over. I will find clips and post to show that players were getting open the first three games. When did BB decide to go for style points vice just win?
I also wanted to mention, Jack Jones, boy! This kidd has it. He has the attitude, confidence the swagger to play corner at this level.. I can't wait to see him on steph Diggs, chase, Higgins..

I know one thing qbs are showing him respect.. this kid is a budding star..

are there any tackles we can trade for? replace Wynn with a trade, and we gotta draft an LT next year, Brown can't go anymore at a high level it seems

If history is a guide, BB held on to JG till the last second and pretty much gave him away to the 9ers.

Shouldn't be counting the chickens before they hatch...
Not counting anything. Where did you even come up with that? I was listing teams who could be looking for QBs next year. Nothing more.

are there any tackles we can trade for? replace Wynn with a trade, and we gotta draft an LT next year, Brown can't go anymore at a high level it seems
Only have to draft a LT if they don't bump Strange out there. Strange is the same height/weight as Matt Light but is more Athletic.

A lot of it depends on who is in there. Peters came back against us, while Denzel Ward went out. We have too few samples to judge. This is going to be a long term process. Mac did not look good early this year, but he looked good last year. This means it's too early to judge.

DCs figured out how to get to Mac end of last year. Flood the zones because so many of the routes were short. You see how the Browns went at Zappe's Patriots. 8 in the box. They didn't believe Zappe could throw on them. He proved them wrong.

Teams are not going to make that mistake again. They'll have to be more honest against the run.

This only helps Stevenson, Strong, and the Harris "Irish" Twins going forward..

The first guy didn't actually recover the ball. It was the second guy who came around and came in from the backside (and from out of bounds). It was pretty clear.

The first guy DID recover the ball, but only after the 2nd guy touched it with his hand while he was out of bounds.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back