PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat Arizona

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Why was McDermott double-teaming a slow DT instead of helping Double-H on the Edge?

And why were All Three route-runners on the same dam side of the field?

More Buffoonery from this offensive Offense.
Because his read sucked or, more likely, he didn’t know his assignment so he followed basic blocking protocol by looking inside to block.

Vance Joseph looking like a fool as his defense gave up 20 points to a team that runs the offense like a "defensive guy". What a lucky guy nobody is really calling him out.

Judon and Uche are the first tandem since Andre Carter and Mark Anderson having 10+ sack seasons. Fun fact, BB as the Pats HC has only had one season with two players notching 10+ sacks in a season which was 2011 with Carter and Anderson.

Last edited:
They scored twice from the red zone. One was a three yard run right after a 39 pass play to Henry. The other was a 14 yard run. One field goal was off a third down play where Jones connected with Thornton, but Thornton stupidly stepped out of bounds at the four yard line before he picked up the first down.

Come on! Blame this play on Jones. It was clearly Jones' fault that Thornton couldn't see the first down marker right in front of him.

You can spin it any way you want for your agenda against Jones. You just make yourself look foolish.

nope, your agenda pro mac looks foolish. everyone can see his issues with pressure and happy feet and the lack of field vision/pocket movement.

nope, your agenda pro mac looks foolish. everyone can see his issues with pressure and happy feet and the lack of field vision/pocket movement.

Yes, we have all watched Patricia break the guy. All his strengths from last year including his above average pocket presence and ability to feel the pressure has been diminished. Hopefully next year he gets it back when he gets a real OC.

That said, the "lack of passing TDs" BS is just bogus spin. Who cares how they score the TD? And it isn't his fault that rookie WR doesn't know where the first down marker is on a third down and steps out of bounds when he could have probably walked into the end zone for a TD. Of course Jones should get no credit for a TD that is set up by a 39 yard pass by him. It is all the RB for running the final three yards.

Yes, we have all watched Patricia break the guy. All his strengths from last year including his above average pocket presence and ability to feel the pressure has been diminished. Hopefully next year he gets it back when he gets a real OC.

That said, the "lack of passing TDs" BS is just bogus spin. Who cares how they score the TD?
other defenses? Because they don't need to fear this anemic RZ passing offense.
And it isn't his fault that rookie WR doesn't know where the first down marker is on a third down and steps out of bounds when he could have probably walked into the end zone for a TD.
because it's our first game with RZ issues sure.
Of course Jones should get no credit for a TD that is set up by a 39 yard pass by him. It is all the RB for running the final three yards.
he does, but would he had thrown for a TD if the rb could not get it in. highly unlikely

Yep... People on-air & elsewhere talk about our "decimated" or "depleted" OL, but that's simply Not true. The Only missing member of the projected Week 1 starting line-up is Lose/Lose, who Sucks (at RT).

Our #1 personnel need this offseason is Left Tackle, and possibly Right Tackle depending on how much farther Trent Brown's slide continues.
Don't be dumb. Trent was dealing with something the last few weeks and playing through it. But more relevant is Andrews head injury followed by thigh injury that he's still dealing with. This was the first week since September we had just 4 of 5 for back to back weeks and even then 5th has been a 4th stringer off the streets. So yes decimated. But hopefully getting pieced back together. All that doesn't make them good either but don't be ignorant of what has gone on. They won't magically be good but hopefully they can be better as they get some cohesion and hopefully get someone back at RT.

Vance Joseph looking like a fool as his defense gave up 20 points to a team that runs the offense like a "defensive guy". What a lucky guy nobody is really calling him out.

Judon and Uche are the first tandem since Andre Carter and Mark Anderson having 10+ sack seasons. Fun fact, BB as the Pats HC has only had one season with two players notching 10+ sacks in a season which was 2011 with Carter and Anderson.
It'd be the journalistic and social death of anyone who'd do so.

I did wonder during the game how it must have felt like for the other team to be put down by a "thousand screens" gameplan especially after their comments.

other defenses? Because they don't need to fear this anemic RZ passing offense.

because it's our first game with RZ issues sure.

he does, but would he had thrown for a TD if the rb could not get it in. highly unlikely

But who's fault is that? All these former players including former QBs are saying it is the play calling first and foremost.

I just showed you a red zone pass that should at least been a first down at the two yard line, but probably would have been a TD if the receiver didn't accidentally step out of bounds because of lack of awareness. But you seem want to blame everything on Jones and because of Jones they cannot get the end zone in the red zone.

LOL! And now you are just using bias speculation as proof of something. I showed you a play in red zone where Jones put Thornton in position to score a TD, but instead he stepped out of bounds before converting the first down. Look! That's a TD if Thornton doesn't step out of bounds.

1670962228831.png

I don't see the Patriots offense improving much for this season. Too many major problems... play-calling, o-line, quarterback play... that's a bad combination of deficiencies. They'll have to rely on the running game, limiting penalties and turnovers, and taking advantage of bad defenses (Raiders). Otherwise the Patriots defense has to step up bigtime. All of their remaining opponents are top 10 in offense. The weather conditions can neutralize the Dolphins but there's not much slowing down the Bengals or Bills and the Raiders can be dangerous in their dome. Patriots defense will have to play well for the team to secure a wild card spot. That's it in a nutshell.

Have to hand it to Uche and Judon.
I am convinced Patricia's weird play calling is explained by complete lack of confidence in OL.
All the screens are designed to make the OL job easier and avoid getting Mac injured.

No doubt, draft and FA must 100% focus on getting some guys who can block.

The main reason the Eagles are so dominant is their OL is superb.
Patricia, the bad play caller is trying to cover up for Patricia, the even worse OL coach. I wonder if it ever dawns on Bill Belichick that the Patriots' offense was at its best with a great Offensive Coordinator (Charlie Weis, Bill O'Brien, Josh McDaniels) and an even greater Offensive Line Coach (Dante Scarnecchia.)

Forget, for a moment the draft and free agents, think about what could go right with this offense if Patricia were replaced by any combination of those guys.

But who's fault is that? All these former players including former QBs are saying it is the play calling first and foremost.
1. patricia and this horrendous scheme and play design
2. o-line
3. mac

but still mac lack of development (also tom house really pumping about macs development in the offseason) isn't there, it has gotten worse.
and his atittude issues are only on him, can't blame someone else for this
I just showed you a red zone pass that should at least been a first down at the two yard line, but probably would have been a TD if the receiver didn't accidentally step out of bounds because of lack of awareness. But you seem want to blame everything on Jones and because of Jones they cannot get the end zone in the red zone.

LOL! And now you are just using bias speculation as proof of something. I showed you a play in red zone where Jones put Thornton in position to score a TD, but instead he stepped out of bounds before converting the first down. Look! That's a TD if Thornton doesn't step out of bounds.
i already agreed with you on this play.

Between Strong and Thornton, with a sprinkling of Marcus Jones, the team has speed on offense for the next several years… Just need the OL to allow them to unlock that speed.
,...or maybe an Offensive Line Coach who actually helps these guys play to their potential. There is plenty of talent on the OL - they just look like the old "25 guys, 25 taxis" Red Sox of the 1980s.

this is all not MP. not being able to block is one thing but offensive line penalties are committed way too much by our offense during critical times,
don't overlook MP being the OL coach though. It really is virtually all Matt Patricia.

But like I said earlier, it's more on BB for putting him in that position to begin with

,...or maybe an Offensive Line Coach who actually helps these guys play to their potential. There is plenty of talent on the OL - they just look like the old "25 guys, 25 taxis" Red Sox of the 1980s.
I don’t know dude. Brown is literally falling down half the time and the right tackle is Connor McDermott.

If I were Mac, I'd be a little concerned about the latest quote from Patricia. Asked what he thinks of Mac yelling at him the last 2 weeks, Patricia answers, "I love that stuff."

This is the kind of poison pen comment I was trained to look out for in the business world. I remember a boss spending an hour with me teaching me how to write poison pen letters.

"I love that stuff" is exactly what he would've advised if he had it out for someone.

1. patricia and this horrendous scheme and play design
2. o-line
3. mac

but still mac lack of development (also tom house really pumping about macs development in the offseason) isn't there, it has gotten worse.
and his atittude issues are only on him, can't blame someone else for this

i already agreed with you on this play.

But don't you think Jones may have regressed because of #1 and #2 more so than himself? Don't you think that maybe if McDaniels and his offense stayed, that maybe we are talking about Jones making that next level rather than him regressing?

We have seen a lot of bad teams ruin young QBs with poor coaching and horrendous offensive lines. The Pats are following the "Bad Teams Destroying Young QBs" playbook to a T. Year #2 - Downgrade the coaching staff, change the offense (preferably to a system that doesn't play to the strengths of the QB or the other offensive players), give subpar talent around him, put him in positions for him to fail and have undo pressure on him. Tell me of these things, what didn't the Patriots do to Jones?

This is why I defend him and excuse him for some of the stuff he did. A second year QB needs to be nurtured. Even Brady and Manning needed hand holding and their OCs to put them in positions to succeed when they were young. Belichick did everything possible to set Jones up to fail.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back