PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD: Patriots Lose 34-0 to Saints

Immediate Postgame Reactions
The issue with that play is why would you design a boundary run that had a 360lb OT reach a DE playing his outside gap?

Because...he was the one directly across from him...?

Because...he was the one directly across from him...?
He wasn’t, he was in the outside gap. You don’t design a run to the boundary asking a 360 LT with no TE on his side to hook a DE aligned in his outside gap.
It’s an impossible block unless you get lucky.

I've been fairly quiet here since Brady was pushed out, just lurking and observing things both here and with the team. Bill has to eat all of this. When the house falls down, do you blame the rotten wood and rusty nails or the carpenter who decided to buy and use them? Who else besides him even has anything GM related next to their title. All of our front office people I can remember Pioli, Dimitroff, the guy who went to Detroit and Caserio are all gone. Bill's been piloting this ship right into a iceberg and without a first mate to keep him in check or Brady's talent to mask poor personnel decisions, we're floating past mediocrity straight into the abyss of irrelevance.

I think the Hogs upfront want a winner and not a loser under Center. I think this Team does a 180 with Zappe. Mac cannot be redeemed the Fans won't miss him or BB. It's time for both of them to go.
On another note.. it's sickening Wachting Meyers make nothing but play after play during the LV vs greenbay game.

when a recently retired pats player suggests tanking , you can imagine what the players are thinking playing curretnly. i am kinda shocked he said that.

Remember Zappe was Mop up Mac got the Lion's share of the #1 snaps Zappe has an excuse. Let Zappe cook Mac's meals are school lunch nasty.
Cringe Wince GIF
Zappe hasn't looked good all year in camp and the Pats thought so little of him they risked losing him and cut him. I think the reality is neither QB is the answer.

Zappe hasn't looked good all year in camp and the Pats thought so little of him they risked losing him and cut him. I think the reality is neither QB is the answer.
Thanks captain obvious.

It’s 3rd and 14. The play call dictates his drop. You can’t fault him for executing the play the way it was drawn up.
how do you know how the play was drawn up? Why does a 14 yard pass which could also be like an 8-10 yard pass with YAC needs a 10 yard dropback?

Yes Mac executed this Sack perfectly

When another QB not named Wac Jones gets a chance back there you'll see that our guys are not that bad. It's because he doesn't have a playmaking bone in his body he makes them look bad Mac is like gangrene as a player.
I could get behind "Wac Jones".

how do you know how the play was drawn up? Why does a 14 yard pass which could also be like an 8-10 yard pass with YAC needs a 10 yard dropback?

Yes Mac executed this Sack perfectly
So you are arguing that on 3rd and 14 they wanted a 3 step drop but he decided to take a 7 step drop for no particular reason? Come on. There are plenty of things to rip Jones for, making one up out of anger or ignorance isn’t necessary

So you are arguing that on 3rd and 14 they wanted a 3 step drop but he decided to take a 7 step drop for no particular reason? Come on. There are plenty of things to rip Jones for, making one up out of anger or ignorance isn’t necessary
no i am arguing that there was plenty of space to step up in the pocket and even if a 7 yard drop back was designed Mac has to have the awareness and see that the edge rushers are coming around the Tackles and step up. He has no pocket presence and lacks awareness, although the o-line is a mess

Remember Zappe was Mop up Mac got the Lion's share of the #1 snaps Zappe has an excuse. Let Zappe cook Mac's meals are school lunch nasty.
Zappe is playing mop up and yet he still completes only 39% of his passes for 4.4 YPA this season. That's with the other team already calling off the dogs.

He's not an NFL QB. Never belonged in the league. Awful draft pick by BB when Sam Howell was available and look what he's doing with Washington. Might have even put Mac Jones on the bench already. The only cooking Zappe will be doing is for his fiancee at home or fries at his next place of employment after he is out of the league in the next year or so.

no i am arguing that there was plenty of space to step up in the pocket and even if a 7 yard drop back was designed Mac has to have the awareness and see that the edge rushers are coming around the Tackles and step up. He has no pocket presence and lacks awareness, although the o-line is a mess
Jesus. You didn’t argue that, you argued this.
this sack was completely on Mac having mental meltdowns again

If you do a normal 3-5 yard dropback in this situation, you could have stepped up in the pocket to avoid the rush and buy yourself some time.
Instead mac goes so far behind that he can't step up in the pocket. Watch the clip, there was plenty of room to step up
First you said and I quote “he can’t step up in the pocket”. Now after you realize the lengthy of the drop is part of the okay design suddenly he has room to step up?

Wouldn’t it just be easier to say you were wrong then to 100% contradict your own argument?

Last edited:
Jesus. You didn’t argue that, you argued this.

First you said and I quote “he can’t step up in the pocket”. Now after you realize the lengthy of the drop is part of the okay design suddenly he has room to step up?
i said from the beginning he had room to step up jesus, he lacks the presence to recognize it quickly and at some point it was too late.
in a normal dropback it was possible anyway, in a 7 yard dropback a qb with good awareness recognize it quickly that the DE are attacking the outside side of the Tackles on both sides of the line and he either throws it away or has to step up immediately to avoid the edge rushers
mac didn't do any of it and had not the athletic ability to run away from it

is it just me or are there general technical issues here today? I can't really access this site today

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back