PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that too wasting a WR there Blocking in a struggling Offense yikes. You can be sure that Pittsburg will exploit that until we prove we can stop it.
I've never been a huge Andrews fan, think he is decent, but gets overrated because of his good leadership and locker room presence. Tends to be overmatched against bigger d-lineman but that's a topic for another day.

I've never been a huge Andrews fan, think he is decent, but gets overrated because of his good leadership and locker presence. Tends to be overmatched against bigger d-lineman but that's a topic for another day.
I was hoping that athletic kid on the PS that Center whatever his name is supplanted him.

Looks like a cheap shot toward the head of Mac:

I really don't think Andrews was engaged on the blitzer that Montgomery cut. That chop block call cost the Pats a first that they should have gotten when the Dolphins rushers went high low on him.

Why is Agholor the one who motions in to protect? Having your speedy receiver come in to block instead of one of the bigger receivers seems like a bad idea. Having two running backs on the same side of the backfield to pick up the blitz is also a bad idea.

I really don't think Andrews was engaged on the blitzer that Montgomery cut. That chop block call cost the Pats a first that they should have gotten when the Dolphins rushers went high low on him.

Why is Agholor the one who motions in to protect? Having your speedy receiver come in to block instead of one of the bigger receivers seems like a bad idea. Having two running backs on the same side of the backfield to pick up the blitz is also a bad idea.
Interesting, it doesn't look like he ever engaged him, but rather looked off at the other side and then was looking around for someone to block.

The remedy is TE H Henry on the LOS the D would have to account for him even though he's Big and Slow.

Comments on this, I see a lot of alignment issues. While it is a nice play by Tua to look Bentley off, if other players are aligned better it wouldn't have mattered.

1. Peppers looks like he is either spying the QB or has the running back if that player releases. He should be a lot deeper if that's his role. I know the hope is that he confuses the lineman, but being within a yard of the line of scrimmage and just hanging out there doesn't help anyone. If he's deeper then Bentley doesn't need to move so far over.

2. Bentley cheating up to the line to show blitz seemed to have left him in bad position. But also, I'm not sure if a play design that funnels their receivers towards Bentley is what we want with his issues in coverage. If we are going to funnel to Bentley there better be another player in the middle to help him.

3. Dugger seems too deep to start the play, another couple yards up the field by alignment pre-snap and he makes the tackle.
Completely agree. Good play by Tua but the call we're in was awful.

That’s the play from this weekend and then three plays from last year. They show what happens in an ideal situation, with the coverage defender staying in coverage so the offense has one blocker for each rusher. If the coverage defender blitzes then there’s one free rusher, so it still needs to be a quick throw but the QB can buy an extra half second by drifting away from the free rusher. If the former coverage defender blitzes and the WR doesn’t block anybody, then you get a Mac Jones sandwich between two blitzers.

Yep, just a really poorly-coached protection all the way around.

I've never been a huge Andrews fan, think he is decent, but gets overrated because of his good leadership and locker room presence. Tends to be overmatched against bigger d-lineman but that's a topic for another day.

When it comes to communicating and setting the protections, before this year, I doubt I could find 5 plays with blown calls by andrews.

This year the offensive line play through the preseason and the Miami game has been so bad, I have no idea if andrews is making bad calls. I tend to think Andrews is continuing his run of excellence, but with so many blown assignments, it is impossible to tell.

100 percent agree. Great Point

He still blocks better than Connor McDermott! lMAO

JaWrong NEVER should've been on the field in that situation;

Uncle Dugg still sucks in coverage;

and Jalen Zero INT Mills still sucks, period.

Clowns.
Why did we draft Uncle Dugg over Winfield JR, who looks like he excels in coverage?

Nice breakdown of MIA weapons & play design by McCourty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes