PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad game or Miami dud - just reality check.

As long as your starters are Bryant and Tavai or Cajuste you're just trolling.

Thought we did some things well and some things not so well. I'll start with the good things:

Run defense, defense overall, some good moments on offense....bad things: turnovers, costly mistakes, bad calls on offense(running on 2nd and long), Myles Bryant. Just couldn't get any breaks. Thought the officials weren't great either. Thought that was pass interference on Parker.

Not happy with being 0-1 but we're onto Pittsburgh next week. Going to have to play better next week.

Let's discuss.
Another plus… Bailey. Looks like he’s back to his old self and that’s great to see.

I think Mac made some bad DECISIONS, forget his "Lack" of arm strength, he looked horrible throwing into multiple coverage multiple times

One thing that stood out to me as the game went on was Mac’s accuracy with short passes seemed to get pretty poor. I found that sort of odd.
That was really weird at times. I was thinking even Cam wasn't that bad.

Oh wow what a catch just oob for Chase.

Outplayed and out coached by a first year HC to top things off. Embarrassing opener.

I think the most frustrating part of this loss is that Tua is such a hot ****ing dogshit dumpster fire of a QB and having two of the top WRs in the game can help carry him to a decent showing on the stat sheet. Losing to a good QB is whatever. Losing to such trash as Tua sucks

6 if you don’t count the play before the half which should have never happened. I guess Miami doesn’t concede their last drive though if it was a 6 point lead

Only thing I care about this season is how Mac does.

Not off to a good start.

I'm not that surprised, given what we were seeing in pre-season. We were trending this way. (that is, toward an UGLY first game.) I thought it would be closer, but I did call it a MIA win in the predict-the-score thread.

A GDT of insane overreaction really helps soften the blow though, thanks for that. We're not just bad right now, having trouble getting the O straight or whatever, we're the bottom offense in the NFL.

It was not a game you can get super-thrilled about describing the bright spots of.

Unimpressed with the coaching and players

My only gripe with today is that the AFC East of 2022 is not the AFC East of 2004-2019. You cannot afford to blow four games in September and expect anything better than a wild card. BB needs to figure out how to start fast.

Parker really didn't look the part of a #1 guy today. We'll see what happens there. Agholor showed his speed but put it on the ground. Bourne feels like the medicine they need but rode the bench all game except for a single play where he made a huge gain. I think they need to rotate Parker and Bourne more... otherwise it just feels like they're not in-sync yet.

Is it too early to start talking about the Will Anderson Jr sweepstakes?

Since there will be plenty of people focusing on the negatives, I will point out some of the positives.

The Pats’ defense only gave up 13 points today. The defense looks to be pretty good even without JC Jackson and a revamped LB Corp. I mean they still need to work on some things, but a positive sign for that side of the ball.

Dugger looks like he is getting to the next level. He looks to be a Pro Bowler.

Judon looks to be closer to the first half of last year’s form compared to post bye week last year.

The run defense was great today. Consider it was a major liability last year, that is a huge positive. Granted Miami is not a great running team.

Looks like Jake Bailey is back to his All Pro form. The placements of his punts were perfect.

It is the first game of the season. You look at the first week of the season every year and there are teams that get blown out that make it into the playoffs and teams that look like world beaters the first week and miss the playoffs. It is a long season and there are a lot football to be played.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back