PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
In almost every telecast, the commentators marvel how Belichick is the master of double dipping by scoring at the end of the half as well as coming out of the half. In no universe can an excuse be made for not mounting a drive to get into at least FG range prior to halftime. People are making excuses for something that is the antithesis of how Belichick typically operates. 1:54 is a ton of time with time outs. You have the whole field to work with with time outs. Countless games have been tilted by Belichick’s mastery of the situation where he has the ball last in the 1st half and 1st out of halftime.

What happened was absolutely weird. Afraid that the Dolphins could also call time outs and get the ball back? Listen to how that sounds.

He's making a huge miscalculation. The WR core is awful. Guess who played in the 43-0 game against Miami? & boy did he make a difference.

I'm seeing receivers with absolutely zero separation out there. Brady had all time to throw today. All day. What did the receivers do?

That's on Belichick.
It's also on ja@kass RK. I agree with the poster who hoped he gets prison time - he deserves it for wasting what was likely Brady's last season in a Pats uniform.

You have to give your offense time to try to tie the game, you can’t take chances and gamble like we did in the Sb with Seattle, sometimes you have to trust the other guys.

3 timeouts don’t mean **** with 24-28 seconds.

Maybe i'm wrong..... maybe its just a gut feeling of my 45 years of being a fan and watching the past 2 decades in particular but it just seems Brady is not in sync with the team,seems almost disinterested,haven't seen that fire coming from him even when they win or make a huge play and hope its not an internal thing like it was with the Jimmy G situation......perhaps Brady isn't happy with the team not committed to his desire to play until 45 as a Patriot..... we will soon find out I guess but my gut thinks just something is not right here and it might be known better once the season is over - something is off and its not all about age or the team on the field - the desire he usually personifies seems off and it could be affecting him more than we know...

Holy **** it got cra in here.

I love it.
if you love this just wait until the comments on this site when Derrick Henry rushes for 360 Yards and 4 TDs next weekend :p

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced this was not the outcome we wanted.

His only miss/failure to act was at TE. Not his fault their 1st round picked was injured half the year and they don't have Brown (whether you blame that on Kraft, the league, or Brown himself).

Agreed, I was beating this drum at draft time too.
OL injuries really hurt this unit's performance, And in the first quarter of the season we had notably better WR potential that would have masked the TE problem. However, it wwas what it was and the lack of quality TE, IMHO, was the single biggest fail. IMHO a quality TE would have had a sizable positive ripple effect across the passing game. But my/any p!ssing and moaning about it is water under the bridge. Forgetaboutit and let's hope for some good bounces in the playoffs.

The new Star Wars sucked

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced this was not the outcome we wanted.

Completely disagree. We have an extra game to watch and enjoy plus this gives the offense and defense time to work out some minor kinks.

On top of that Kansas City will be sitting on their ass is getting rusty.

Loss was a blessing in disguise.

Completely disagree. We have an extra game to watch and enjoy plus this gives the offense and defense time to work out some minor kinks.

As a fan who craves to watch the team ? Sure. Maybe we can get one more win out of it.

In terms of all the dinged up players on the squad and having to go to KC I am not sure you can really find any silver lining here. Playing them them at Arrowhead will be considerably harder than in Gillette.

While the loss was disappointing, we have to admit our offense is not up to par.

Not having the week off, gives us a chance to continue to work to get the offense up to par, without the post bye week rustiness that we usually have.
Yeah, they were rusty versus the Chargers last year.

As a fan who craves to watch the team ? Sure. Maybe we can get one more win out of it.

In terms of all the dinged up players on the squad and having to go to KC I am not sure you can really find any silver lining here. Playing them them at Arrowhead will be considerably harder than in Gillette.

No doubt. It’s a tough road. Then I remembered that the Giants beat the Pats in two SBs by having to travel the same tough road. It can be done.

We’ll see how they react after looking past this game. This should be a wake up call. They took the Dolphins for granted. They should double down next week against a good Titans team.

This looks as a real LONG LONG week...

No doubt. It’s a tough road. Then I remembered that the Giants beat the Pats in two SBs by having to travel the same tough road. It can be done.

So did the 06 Colts and they looked no better than we did this year late in that season...they gave up 375 yards rushing in one game! - although we don’t have a Bob Sanders to make a difference

any explanation on why they didn't try for points before the half?

Same usual atmosphere after a tough loss. You’d figure some fans cup would be full after 6 Super Bowl victories? Building a mystique and foundation over 20 years just isn’t enough sometimes I guess. They want to win every year and throw shade in every direction when they don’t. It’s not looking good for a repeat and the future is uncertain. Welcome to the real NFL, we’ve been living in fantasy land for 2 decades where this kind of dominance just doesn’t happen. Lot of fans would kill to just be in a playoff game and to many of us, this seasons outcome is an insult lol. Just enjoy the ride and see where the future takes us is the approach I’m taking.

any explanation on why they didn't try for points before the half?
I am sure he thought the risk outweighed the reward. They tried scoring vs Buffalo and got burnt. Already threw a pick 6. Not hard to figure out. He isn’t going to say it publicly. The offense heard the message loud and clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes