PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Colts beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

No team is scared of the Patriots WRs or TEs. There is no single offensive weapon on the Patriots that an opponent would need to double team.

Colts not even worried about NKeal, which is why he was wide open in that one play...

Patriots need a top WR (2022 FA or draft) that will make opponents worried....

Jonnu stinks. Agohlor is 2nd rate at best.

It's bullcrap the games on either side of the bye, both on the road and coming late in a season that's too long, fell on Monday and then Saturday

This Colts team is a serious contender in a wide open AFC. Pats had trouble against the MVP Jonathan Taylor. Glad we had a work Christmas party last night. The 1 seed is now not an option. Bills game at home for the division. Miami game will not be a picnic either.
No they're not. The fact is Pats offense didn't show up for 3 quarters and dolts still needed the refs to help them out

And no they didn’t have trouble with him. If the offense & ST even remotely showed up in the first 3 quarters dolts would have gotten beat comfotably and Taylor would have been irrelevant.

Harris plays this game and it's a Pats W.

This Colts team is a serious contender in a wide open AFC. Pats had trouble against the MVP Jonathan Taylor. Glad we had a work Christmas party last night. The 1 seed is now not an option. Bills game at home for the division. Miami game will not be a picnic either.
We'll know after week 16 if we get a mulligan for the #1 seed or if that race is over.

Must beat the Bills or the playoffs are no longer a sure thing. Hard to see Miami lose before week 18. We haven't clinched anything yet other than a 9 win season.

Last edited:
The problem with the Stevenson INT was that Jones passed the ball too softly in the area of a breaking defensive player, when he had the first down in front of him.

That's a Mac Jones thing, not a Josh McDaniels thing.
Your response doesn't address what I wrote.

Mac has been doing this all year.

He hasn't been told not to do it.

It happened again with a very bad result.

Who is going to tell him?

Harry had a really good game. Wide open for the score and Mac didn't see him.
Mac got the ball back from Stevenson awkwardly and couldn't even set to throw to Meyers, never mind Harry.

I'm 99% certain that ball was supposed to go to Harry in the first place. Mac knew that the ball needed to go to Harry but given the situation, he couldn't get it to him.

Truth is we were lucky to have come back in that game. We needed Dugger’s fight with Pittman to spark us - very similar to a hockey team down 3-0 and one of the goons gets into a fight to get them going. And then we needed Wentz to turn the ball over. Without these, Indy probably blows us out.

Wentz should have been intercepted three or four times last night on 12 passes. So you can turn that around. If the defenders held onto the balls that they broke up the passes, the Pats might have won in a route.

About this discussion re: how good the Colts are relative to the Patriots, they manhandled the Patriots all night at the LOS (well, except for 3rd qtr). They were the better team and deserved to win.

Do the Colts concern me in the future?

Not with that QB and those DBs. I expect the Patriots to beat them the next time we see them if we see them this year.

That being said, the Patriots clearly have holes. Our DBs don't look so hot to me either. Not concerned about our OL or DL. They came out flat. They wont do that again.

Worried about injuries to our WRs though.

Patriots 26th in red zone offense

also, that’s 3 blocked punts on the year. Everyone else has 1.
Two issues occur to me:

1. They need to run more effectively. Colts and Titans shut down the rushing game. The OL is unable to execute consistently against strong defensive fronts. Without a running threat, they made os one dimensional.

2. WRs can’t get separation. Jones threw 3 beautiful long passes but without separation Meyers and Agholor couldn’t haul them in. Harry also had no separation but used inside leverage to make the reception. The red zone means less real estate to cover so WRs have to get open sooner in space. They can’t do it.

These are their two biggest problems IMO. Will be tough to beat good teams if they cannot improve these areas.

Your response doesn't address what I wrote.

Mac has been doing this all year.

He hasn't been told not to do it.

It happened again with a very bad result.

Who is going to tell him?

Of course it addresses what you wrote. You're wrongly blaming the O.C. for a QB decision. I'm pointing out that you're wrongly blaming the O.C. for a QB decision. If you want to look for a non-QB reason for that play, blame the OL for its struggles throwing Jones off a bit.

I’m more upset about the loss today than I was last night.
too many mistakes to beat a decent team on the road.

Where all the Bentley haters at now? Hightower was only in that spot because Bentley was out (most likely from the dirty cheapshot dolts rolling his ankle)

Pats gave the game away, and the refs made sure it stayed that way when the pats decided to stop giving the game away

the colts are still dirty as usual, and if we see them again this season they’re in for a hurting

Where all the Bentley haters at now? Hightower was only in that spot because Bentley was out (most likely from the dirty cheapshot dolts rolling his ankle)

I am pretty sure he is hanging Godchaux in effigy somewhere.

Of course it addresses what you wrote. You're wrongly blaming the O.C. for a QB decision. I'm pointing out that you're wrongly blaming the O.C. for a QB decision. If you want to look for a non-QB reason for that play, blame the OL for its struggles throwing Jones off a bit.
If a qb decision that is bad continues to happen repeatedly, it very well can be a coaches blame, the coach is who is supposed to bring attention to and fix negative player patterns…

I think one of our problems in run defense is that Hightower is done. He has always been a little slow given his size (while providing many other great attributes) but he is now noticeably slower. I haven't seen him make many plays this year, and think this year will be his last. Love him, thank him for his many great years, but he's cooked. Maybe McGrone can help next year.

The biggest problem for the Patriots last night was their OL, which had one of the worst games I have seen them play in a long long time. Wynn had a brutal night and the interior OL got no push at all. They are going to have to play much better the rest of the way if they are going to make a playoff push.

Two issues occur to me:

1. They need to run more effectively. Colts and Titans shut down the rushing game. The OL is unable to execute consistently against strong defensive fronts. Without a running threat, they made os one dimensional.

2. WRs can’t get separation. Jones threw 3 beautiful long passes but without separation Meyers and Agholor couldn’t haul them in. Harry also had no separation but used inside leverage to make the reception. The red zone means less real estate to cover so WRs have to get open sooner in space. They can’t do it.

These are their two biggest problems IMO. Will be tough to beat good teams if they cannot improve these areas.

1. Hopefully Harris coming back will help

2. This is a longer term issue, one that needs an entire offseason I'm afraid. You are correct. There is very little WR separation. Even on the 2nd Mac INT, no one was open and Mac forced the ball. There is no Julian Edelman who can get open and consistently move the chains. Bourne at best is a number 3 receiver.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back