PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Chiefs at Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't be getting a cupcake next week but they do have one of their best wrs out with a suspension. Desperate team next week. Interesting to see how they will let drew Brees play

Whatever. They sucked. They only need to make the playoffs. Lets try to understand that they arent going to beat every team every night. This team deserves the benefit of the doubt that they can come back strong next game.

Wanted to post this in the game thread...

Who was getting open? That's the real problem. If this continues as Gronk rebounds into health and Amendola/Mitchell come back, then it might be time to acknowledge that there's a reason they kept JAG. But this was a **** contest by the WR corps. Aside from Cooks, absolutely nobody was getting open and Gronk doesn't look like he has any confidence in his knee yet (ala 2014). I'm not worried about the offense. It's the defense that has big time question marks outside of McCourty, Butler, and Gilmore. The lack of speed on that side of the ball is alarming.

Hogan was getting held all night. Collinsworth was praising the Chiefs for it. Strange thing is I though that Chris believed that breaking the rules was "cheating"...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Did we really just give up 550ish yards tonight to Alex Smith and the Chiefs? o_O

That’s the kind of performance that gets people’s lockers cleaned out.

Exhibit A, Kyle Van Noy.

Exhibit B, Malcom Brown.

If their lockers are both cleared out tomorrow I'll be fine with it.

For the first time, I think the fact that the defense couldn't stay on the field hurt the offense. The Pats' defense gave up three TDs on drives that had three plays or less. By the end of the game, the Pats' o-line was gassed.

Defense gives up 42 points, the most a Bill Belichick team has ever given up, and people are here talking about how Brady sucks and Jimmy G needs to start?

What in the absolute f**k?

Also, remember that every time a team plays the Pats now its their Superbowl. You are getting everyone's A game.

Only positive take is Hightower looks like mcl miss 2-4 weeks just heard on CSN

Wanted to post this in the game thread...

Who was getting open? That's the real problem. If this continues as Gronk rebounds into health and Amendola/Mitchell come back, then it might be time to acknowledge that there's a reason they kept JAG. But this was a **** contest by the WR corps. Aside from Cooks, absolutely nobody was getting open and Gronk doesn't look like he has any confidence in his knee yet (ala 2014). I'm not worried about the offense. It's the defense that has big time question marks outside of McCourty, Butler, and Gilmore. The lack of speed on that side of the ball is alarming.

There were several times players were open and Brady was off. Duane Allen on the first drive. Cooks several times down field. There was one time with Hogan.

But I do agree that for the most part, Brady's receivers were doing him no favors and weren't getting open other than Amendola.

Defense gives up 42 points, the most a Bill Belichick team has ever given up, and people are here talking about how Brady sucks and Jimmy G needs to start?

stupid posters

They kept Jimmy for a reason. Belichick saw brady lose zip on his balls in the super bowl. Here's something to ponder. BB knows Brady's arm strength isn't there so he makes the offense more veritcal therefore exposing Brady so that Jimmy can get in sooner. BB always said he wants to win with another QB. I don't know, something to think about.

Looks like Reid was playing madden on rookie. We are thin are wr now, our front 7 was horrible, coaching was bad, they didn't prepare well. Just overall a bad game. Now, the media will go back to say if Brady is done, should jimmy g take over, etc. It was only 1 game, let's hope we bounce back.

Don't forget that everyone is blaming McDaniels too.

There is a heaping helping of blame for all three phases of the game including coaching, but right now all the biggest problems with this team right now on defense.

They kept Jimmy for a reason. Belichick saw brady lose zip on his balls in the super bowl. Here's something to ponder. BB knows Brady's arm strength isn't there so he makes the offense more veritcal therefore exposing Brady so that Jimmy can get in sooner. BB always said he wants to win with another QB. I don't know, something to think about.

o_O

Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback in human history... but Father Time always wins.

Malcom Brown quickly entering Ron Brace territory. Brown has not impressed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back