PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Chiefs at Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exhibit A, Kyle Van Noy.

Exhibit B, Malcom Brown.

If their lockers are both cleared out tomorrow I'll be fine with it.
Malcom Brown looked slow and awful
Van noy ugh but who's available to replace them with?

I said it on the game day thread. This season reminds me of 2003.

Edelman loss equates to Milloy. Pats go on to win Super Bowl. :)

Here's something to ponder. BB knows Brady's arm strength isn't there so he makes the offense more veritcal therefore exposing Brady so that Jimmy can get in sooner. BB always said he wants to win with another QB. I don't know, something to think about.

I am at a loss for words. And that is rare.

You can paint this any way you want but bottom line the defense was garbage against an average offense and that means the coaching sucked!

They kept Jimmy for a reason. Belichick saw brady lose zip on his balls in the super bowl. Here's something to ponder. BB knows Brady's arm strength isn't there so he makes the offense more veritcal therefore exposing Brady so that Jimmy can get in sooner. BB always said he wants to win with another QB. I don't know, something to think about.

I have seen some stupid stuff said on here but you take the cake. On to the ignore list!

The defense was atrocious and i am curious next week how this defense's game planning will be for drew brees. The secondary was supposed to be a strength but we will see how they adjust.

Pretty much anyone would be an improvement over what Van Noy showed tonight. He's a nice piece when he plays well, but he isn't anywhere good enough to be worth putting up with performances like that. He needs to either rebound in a big way for the rest of the month or start preparing for life after football, because the level of play he put out there tonight will leave him unemployed in a hurry if he doesn't get his **** together.

I think how we respond next week will say alot about where the team is going this year.
Look forward to it. But I sure as hell hope we're prepared to score twice the points against the saints...um yeah

An early positive spin:

They simply need to play more. Both had strong Summers & carried it over tonight. Unfortunately, they only playef a handful of snaps.

The only offense in the league where CB play doesn't really matter against. Gilmore/Butler will pay off as early as next week.

Offensively, I don't know..we should've scored 35 points.

I wouldn't call myself a homer but I'm not that worried longterm. That was just an absolute mess from the coaching staff. Reminds me of Miami week 1 2014 when Revis played 15+ yards off WRs.

Cassius Marsh in man on anyone was the cherry on top. He was a DE in Seattle.

Last edited:
The Chiefs exposed our LB's today. Even with Hightower in there they looked lost.

......and I wonder what the lack of playing time for David Harris tonight means I'm the long-term. If he isn't a viable option, and Hightower can't stay healthy, we could be in a bit of trouble at that position.

200.gif

I don't have anything else to say.:(

As many noted when Edelman went down, that injury was big. Those people who dismissed that may now understand a bit better.

This team will make the adjustments, eventually, even if it never quite reaches the potential it had before that ACL popped. In the meantime, the defense is going to have to play a hell of a lot better than whatever the hell you want to call tonight's performance, because the offense can't yet be counted on to bail it out.

Lost in all the hate toward the Defense, Brady and McDaniels is that Gronk also did not look good. Hopefully its just rust but he did have back surgery. I also kind of hope that our bandwagoners might leave; But I suppose if they left our Forum would just be left with our resident butthurt fans.

Only positive take is Hightower looks like mcl miss 2-4 weeks just heard on CSN
This defense is horrendous without Hightower, 2-4 weeks= 2-4 more losses. May have to win the division at 9-7

Only game one . . . but what I will say is that I finally see the light when it comes to the offense. For years, even as many others said Edelman was key on offense, I think I continued to believe it was Gronkowski. However, after 2015, 2016 and so far after one game in 2017, I really do see that it's Edelman for sure. The loss of Edelman is as big as Massachusetts this season. Those 4th down attempts would not have even been necessary had he been in there because they'd have moved the chains. Brady really does look uncomfortable when Jules is not playing, especially on 3rd downs. They really need to figure that out. Also what I saw tonight, along those same lines, is no separation by any of the receivers . . . even Hogan. There just wasn't any.

Injuries. Ugh. High and Amendola were guarantees, if we're being honest. Anytime we're forced to play Amendola beyond a certain number of plays in a game he goes down. High, unfortunately, got rolled up on. It doesn't look like it'll be more than a few weeks, but that's his M.O. anyway. I just hope that's it.

Good game by KC. Poor game by NE. I know the Pats will figure it out. There's too much coaching talent, player talent and pedigree to believe they won't right the ship. That's just dumb. But again, it's only week one. I'm glad I won't have to suffer through 19-0 nonsense. Let's just get HFA, while hopefully not losing all of our key guys in the process.

The way the defense sucked (and in a loss to KC to boot!) reminded me more of 2002. Hope I'm wrong!!

Mychal Kendricks?

On another note...Patricia looks like he wanted to cut the whole defense.

Also...Dont out marsh in coverage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back