PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bucs beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A funny thought occurred to me. I wonder if Bill just gave other teams a blueprint on how to throttle Tampa lol.

After all this is a "copy cat" league..

I guess that means he needs to throw 4TDs in every game then with that logic. He sailed many passes in the first half and the rain caused 3+ drops including one in the end zone. The Pats D played very well but I wouldn't use the words 'blue print'. Was a great game.

Cmon, stop with the excuse making.

I don't know if it is the blueprint, but both teams dealt with the rain and the Pats were affected by it.

Game was lost in the offseason. BB the GM shoulda kept Sony. Plain and simple. You ain't winning **** with Bolden on the field. He is the slowest skill player on the team. These backs that Bill kept have fumbled away 2 wins. Shameful.

When was the last time the Pats rushed for -1 yards? Like I said those 2-14 90s teams had better offensive lines.

This team should be 3 and 1.

Are you seeing more than 4 more wins this season? I'm not.

At least Kraft made sure we have male cheerleaders. That's much more important these days than running backs who hang onto the ball and linemen who can run/ pass block.

5) For an ex-player Collinsworth doesn't give us nearly as many insights as he should. He's too busy bloviating about something away from the game.

Have and have always had issues with Collinsworth as an announcer, much of it is about him and his personal views. A bloviating blowhard...

Mac outplayed the goat...101.6 passer rating to 70.3...I think as fans, we have a lot to look forward to...can we get on a roll and make a playoff run? We'll see...

My biggest issues are:

O-line(hoping it changes when/if Trent Brown comes back)
Ball security-need to stop fumbling
coming up with clutch plays(both on offense and defense)

also if anybody deserved revenge it was AB.

dude didn’t do anything wrong in ne but everybody had their right hand glued to the shotgun “we gone watch em” wanting some **** to go down.

knowing we lost almost makes me wish he had a good game himself.

I brought this up several times yea but what the Patriot way IS (take a little less pay for a ring opportunity, shut up in front of the media, etc) differs from what fans try to apply it as (don’t bring that dern hip hop mentality here)

Wish we still had ab.

I don’t. I think it was very similar to the Miami game. They allowed almost 400 yds of offense. With 3 drops that account for at least 50 yds. I don’t call that masterful. I don’t think Brady was really confused by anything. He was inaccurate though missed multiple open receiver. In my opinion, the game being close has more to do about the Bucs offense that the pats defense.

last week the Bucs D allowed 407 yds to Stafford and every one was saying how bad they were and today the pats allowed 380 and we call it masterful. The difference, the Rams receivers didn’t drop TDs.

The D was good but not exceptional. In my opinion calling the gameplan masterful is an overreaction.
Ok, all fair and reasonable points...we disagree, but that what makes this forum great.

I don’t. I think it was very similar to the Miami game. They allowed almost 400 yds of offense. With 3 drops that account for at least 50 yds. I don’t call that masterful. I don’t think Brady was really confused by anything. He was inaccurate though missed multiple open receiver. In my opinion, the game being close has more to do about the Bucs offense that the pats defense.

last week the Bucs D allowed 407 yds to Stafford and every one was saying how bad they were and today the pats allowed 380 and we call it masterful. The difference, the Rams receivers didn’t drop TDs.
Good thing yards don't go on the scoreboard.

Mac outplayed the goat...101.6 passer rating to 70.3...I think as fans, we have a lot to look forward to...can we get on a roll and make a playoff run? We'll see...

My biggest issues are:

O-line(hoping it changes when/if Trent Brown comes back)
Ball security-need to stop fumbling
coming up with clutch plays(both on offense and defense)

and stopping the run...

we definitely have some tough games ahead - Dallas, Cleveland, Tenn, Buffalo x 2, Charger, and Colts, but I think we can go toe-to-toe with most of those teams after watching last night.

I have seen Brady throw for four TDs in a blizzard in Chicago and almost single handily lead his team back from a 28-3 half time deficit in the Super Bowl. Stop making excuses.
So a guy says it was a blueprint, I say I disagree and you start ****ting on it and then proceed to say it's also not a blueprint. God you are insufferable. The pats played well and it was well executed AS I ALREADY SAID, but it's not a blueprint. You don't like the rain or Brady's emotions being a factor? I don't know what to tell you but they were 100%.

Good thing yards don't go on the scoreboard.

Well I’m no John Madden but yards usually translate into being in a position to score points which is what wins you games in the sport of football.

and stopping the run...

we definitely have some tough games ahead - Dallas, Cleveland, Tenn, Buffalo x 2, Charger, and Colts, but I think we can go toe-to-toe with most of those teams after watching last night.
good point Mac about stopping the run, although I thought in the 2nd half they played better.

I only take issue with a couple of comments, and agree with most of it. Brady used to get clobbered and stand in there like no other. This is why the Giants said he was the best when it came to that. Remember the 2015 loss to Denver in the AFCCG? I've never seen a QB hit like that and stand in to make the plays.

The OLine is still suffering from having a rookie QB back there. When Mac started making plays, the Bucs stopped blitzing, and Mac got a lot more time. As Mac improves and figures out how to set up his OL, and how to step into the pocket, the OL will look better too. But the main thing is Mac needs to be more decisive. He has some wide open guys out on the flanks, Jonnu Smith mainly, but he has his eyes trained downfield. Mac is his own best help in this regard. He can help the OL.

Jones had no problem handling the blitz all night. They just finally gave up on the blitz because he was so effective against it. By the time they gave up on the blitz, he had only missed two throws in about a dozen passes against the blitz (one being the INT),

Sure, Jones still has a lot of stuff to work on like most rookie QBs would. But I think he is far, far ahead of most rookies in terms of pocket presence and decision making.

And as for Brady he has a tendency to get rattled when he is hit a lot. It doesn't happen every game he is hit a lot, but it is the best way to make him average or worse. So far I haven't seen Jones get rattled yet.

and stopping the run...

I agree on Dallas, Cleveland, LA and Buffalo but Tennesee and Indianapolis have not looked too hot. One nice thing is that besides the Dallas game, they SHOULD have both Gilmore and Trent Brown back for the rest of those.

Jones needs to learn how to win games. That will come in time.

Anybody thinks we swap rosters with tb and don’t do better with Bill and Josh coaching you’re crazy.

loaded.

(mahommes had no line and their division was sucky last year - sea, dal were weak. Gb la were only real threats in the conf)

loaded team. Two goats.

Just heard that we were 2-9 on 3rd downs.....surprised by that stat, thought we were better than that.

I agree on Dallas, Cleveland, LA and Buffalo but Tennesee and Indianapolis have not looked too hot. One nice thing is that besides the Dallas game, they SHOULD have both Gilmore and Trent Brown back for the rest of those.

It makes me think we might be able to make a playoff run as we get Brown and Gilmore back and Mac gains confidence. I would love to face Brady again...in the super bowl. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes