PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bucs beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A funny thought occurred to me. I wonder if Bill just gave other teams a blueprint on how to throttle Tampa lol.
Also, would a rooked QB have that same game against Bill?

lot of hype before the season about the front 7 and being able to get a lot of pressure on the QB. That's what was needed last night.

Big picture:
Year 3 of team regression with more roster holes appearing almost every game.

It's incredible to me how NE loses the line of scrimmage battles so regularly, or the LB ineffectiveness.
Considering the considerable financial outlay this year, future roster refurbishment will mostly to be reliant on the draft and I can't expect these current and future holes to be plugged for several years.
------------------------------------
In statistics, regression toward the mean (also called regression to the mean, reversion to the mean, and reversion to mediocrity) is the phenomenon that arises if a sample point of a random variable is extreme (nearly an outlier), a future point is likely to be closer to the mean or average.
------------------------------------
Note:
After week 4, NE is slotted to draft 7th in the 2022 draft
Nine 1-3 teams currently battling for slots 3-12

Tankathon | 2022 NFL Draft Order

Throwing up in my mouth how y’all are
riding 12.

the end of the game should have you hopeful and pissed tf off, not reminiscing on some lost cause bs.

Aaron Rodgers?.... that’s an example of a man who remembers where he came from. Someone real. The community college stuff, the letting his toxic family go...

I am slowly losing just a lil personal resp for tb.

Woke up mad. Whatever.

1-3 team very unlikely to make the playoffs…and look, rebuild whatever. Mac looks like a great building block.
BUT…we spent INSANE $$$ on free agents who (outside of Judon) look completely non-impactful.

I feel like it would have been better keeping that $$ for next year TBH.
Perplexing.
Agholor played well last night
Bourne was, again, very good - and we have him cheap for 3 years.
Henry played well.
Smith played well.
Judon was lights out, again - we have him for 4 years.
Godchaux has played well 2 games in a row.
Mills has quietly played really well.

Mac Jones hit 19 passes in a row, after losing his favorite and easiest weapon in White last week. The Pats don't do that with last year's roster.
I'm glad they have a team that can compete - if they stop with the brain farts and fix that damned OL.

You mean against the offense? I don't think so. The rain played a factor and Brady looked emotional as ****.
They were two drops away from scoring 30. We saw last night how important Gronk is. Their TE were invisible

5) For an ex-player Collinsworth doesn't give us nearly as many insights as he should. He's too busy bloviating about something away from the game.
Man he suuuuuucksssss.

and when he is doing his job it sucks.

“watch out for jJackson on Mike Evans...”

other dude: “...they’re on the bottom of the screen”

“can’t give Tom too much time here”

basic ****

1.) Mac Jones is for real.

2.) Josh needs to stop trying ot force the run until we have an oline that isn't made of spare parts

3.) I swear to ****ing christ this oline is going to get mac murdered

4.) We still can't stop the run

5.) I'm so sick of listening to chris collinsworth

6.)When did the patriots forget out to tackle people? I mean honestly, I'm watching this ****ing game, and seeing out defenders try and "tackle" people by just shoulder bashing them, it not working, and then watching the bucs runner just keep going.

7.)Steve belichick, if he is the defensive coordinator, needs to go, he's not doing his job in teaching the fundamentals, and its getting us losses. TACKLE PEOPLE. TEACH OUR ****ING LINEMEN AND SAFETY's to use their god damned arms and wrap people up.

I thought we gave away some of those early second half drives because Josh was adamant about running the ball in 1st downs or having a run personnel out there. Mac, in a spread formation, clearly was the most effective offense we had. One thing I liked about Weiss was if he knew it was useless to run, he'd pass all night long.

Our DC also needs to make sure the right personnel is out there for the defenses he calls. I think it's happened on every single game where we wasted a TO, don't have enough defenders, or have too many defenders.

Just woke up from attending. Football take away is that defensively Bill will always have them ready to take a chance. Sadly the offensive line is a massive anchor on the offense that is causing the run game to be stunted, badly, and forcing a young QB to drink from a firehouse and it’s a good thing he makes great decisions even as a rookie because things could get ugly. Mac looked amazing when he needed to. A lot will be made of kicking the field goal instead of going for it. I think it’s hard to not give a kicker on a hot streak a chance at 56 yards (albeit it was raining hard). Photo finish game. We are still a bit away offensively from being contenders. This isn’t 2001 where you can just play efficient offensive football even if it’s low scoring and expect a stout defense to push you over the hump. You will need the firepower to answer points with points because the rules are so in favor of the offense.

From a non football perspective just was an emotional night. Never saw a more conflicted crowd at Gillette. Brady got cheered, then booed, then cheered, then booed, then cheered again. You could tell the fans all had an emotional attachment to him and what he has done for the franchise. Really surreal. Exciting finish too. All you can ask for is a chance at the end.

I see it the other way. I don’t think we were competitive because the D played out of their mind but because the Bucs O played very sloppy. They still put 380 yards of offense without the drops I think it’s closer to 450. Brady wasn’t very sharp. He missed a lot of short throws in the first half. They had 19 3rd in the game that’s a lot. They were not all due to the D. Most of them were self inflicted mistakes.

Evans dropped, in my opinion, a TD pass or at least his momentum would have put very close, probably inside the three and Brown dropped a TD. That’s 11 pts right there. Two drops are the difference between a 30-17 game and a 19-17 game
Patriots dropped their share of balls, one turned into an int and of course the sloppy OL play and the fumble.

You can play the mistakes card on both sides.

Man he suuuuuucksssss.

and when he is doing his job it sucks.

“watch out for jJackson on Mike Evans...”

other dude: “...they’re on the bottom of the screen”

“can’t give Tom too much time here”

basic ****
Madden wasn't much better (he was called Captain Obvious for a reason)...but he was more entertaining.

The AB dropped touchdown surprised me a bit for sure.
It was raining hard at points. I was surprised that there wasn’t a lot more running. The Bucs eventually got gun shy after a dangerous pass slipped through a receivers fingers. The Pats meanwhile got more confident in the pass game. Not what you expect with the whether.

I really think Bill and Josh need to give Mac more rope to pass the ball soon. We can’t be a run first team. The offensive line is not there for it.

Patriots dropped their share of balls, one turned into an int and of course the sloppy OL play and the fumble.

You can play the mistakes card on both sides.
Nelson Ag not coming back to the ball always cost Mac an Int, lazy route running.

Thoughts while watching the NYFL this week.
- I hate 2nd and short sacks because they lead to 3rd and longs.
- That punt that bounced off the pylon was a huge break for the Pats at the time.
- Every year it seems the refereeing gets worse. This year is no exception.
- Collinsworth is still a blowhard.
- The WRs on this team are good enough.
- I always wondered why tripping is a penalty. I now see the danger of it.
- Jimmy G got injured. What a shocker.
- It's official. Judon's a beast.
- Is it me or did TB drop a lot of passes?
- Todd Bowles told Collinsworth that he knew that Meyers could throw and that the Pats might use that. Too bad he didn't tell his players.
- Detroit is, without a doubt, the most overrated crap team in the NYFL.
- WE HAVE A QB!

The AB dropped touchdown surprised me a bit for sure.

He's old, brain-addled, and entitled. It will continue to happen. Just because Tampa did it doesn't mean it wasn't a deal with the devil (metaphorically).

Waking up this morning, I've gotta tell ya, that was just some MAJOR catharsis. Brady said a lot of nice things after the game and it was nice to hear, was good to see Bill and he had a long private meeting. It kind of sounds like they may have patched up any issues they had with one another... I wish Tom success as long as it's not against NE and can't wait for him to retire a Patriot one day! In the meantime, Mac Jones was a certified bad ass last night and I can't wait to see many years of that man play football.

Madden wasn't much better (he was called Captain Obvious for a reason)...but he was more entertaining.

I grew up on Frank Gifford. Any insight into the game is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe