PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bucs beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay look that 56 yard FG? It barely missed so by that metric alone it was the correct call given Folk has been very reliable. Wasn’t like the guy shanked it, it looked like it was going in and hit the post.

Correct call to make.

Run D still bad. OL still can't run block and still gives up free rusher QB kill shots even on short quick passes. But they played like a real unit and the receiving weapons looked way better.

You do realize the Pats were playing with extra DBs and conceding the run all night, right?

BB won the direct face off vs Tom face off tonight but at the end of the day it didn’t matter.

How much longer does Stevenson have to remain in the doghouse?
This is fair. He fumbled... Big deal. Our whole team fumbles. Gonna bench them all?

refs helped him with his only TD calling a bogus flag on Slater, that drive should have started at the TB34 not the 50 and also probably should have been a NE recovery.
Disagree

Belichick is such a good coach
The whole drama is stupid, BB has put together defensive plans that won a min of 2 SBs against juggernaut offenses that were never the same after, the Rams in 01 and 18. Brady was the perfect fit for his style. Because Brady went to a virtual all star team and won a SB does not change that. Think of this, Peyton Manning, Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers don’t have 6 SB put together that should show how hard it is to win multiple Championships let alone 6. Brady and BB are responsible for the long stretch of dominance and anyone who thinks it was just one is just
a front runner fan boy. Football is a team game, and you could make a great case that Brady wasn’t even the best player on the team for the first few. You have to give BB some credit, regardless of what happens post Brady.

Man I’m really bummed. I’m glad we didn’t get embarrassed though and played all the way to the end. I guess in a weird way I’m glad I had an opportunity to be bummed..?

Offense was definitely improved, play calling was the best it’s been all year. I have no doubts Mac is the guy.

Defense was competitive but, ultimately I think it had more to do with Brady being so off target. But Judon, Guy and Barmore played a hell of a game. Jackson too was very competitive on Evans.

I felt Tom and AB left a LOT of plays on the field. Game shouldn’t have been close if they didn’t.

I loved Brady’s post game comments, he’ll be back here post retirement. Patriot for life.

The field goal was a terrible decision, too long and too much time on the clock. Gotta go for that.

I think our playoff hopes are pretty much done, 7 road games left and we played one of our two easiest ones. I think they should probably trade Gilly before he hits the field again unless they really think he re-signs. We could use some cap wiggle room going forward and it’d save at least half his salary this year.

I just want to see some competitive football and Mac improve going forward. I’d be pleasantly surprised if we are playing wildcard weekend.

Lastly, hope Gronk and Carlton Davis are okay. Good luck to the Bucs.

LFG

This is supposed to be one of the top crews, too. We got hosed on that Guy hands to the face call, and there were probably a half dozen holds on Judon that weren’t called. On the flip side, we benefitted on some weak calls on that final drive. Either way though, I expect much better from a top crew. This was a Bogar type effort.
Entertaining game but this was one of the worst officiated games of the year. There are always calls you don't agree with or plays that should be flagged but this game had straight up phantom calls. Nothing is worse than imaginary calls that makes me feel like the refs are trying to fix the game.

called a great game.

Disagree. The Pats offense scored 17 against a pathetic Bucs secondary.

The defense held its end of the bargain. Mac played great but the offense failed to deliver. Way too many failed drives ending in 4th and 25.

careful what you say in this thread. Tread lightly. No criticism allowed.

we’re 1-3 and in a bad spot to miss the playoffs. Mac Jones is very good but didn’t we already know this? Our defense is good but didn’t we already know this??? How bout you take a shot downfield once or twice? How about going for it instead of kicking an impossible field goal?

“you are what your record says you are”
Thanks for giving out that PSA, I’ll call off the firing squad.

c’mon man, take a look in the mirror. Every time someone gets thread banned they pull the same card: “no criticism allowed!!!!!” Yet you were asked to stop like 5 times in the thread earlier, and were ultimately removed because you went after someone saying the refs missed a holding call, saying “you’re gonna complain about the Bucs holding when the Pats are being gifted entire drives?” You need to understand there’s a huge gulf between “criticism” and that kind of ****ty posting.

Then you send messages about how much money you spend on this website to the mod team and personally attack @ashley1992 - it doesn’t fly. Stop playing the victim all the time. This is a football fan site, it’s not that serious.

Even if that field goal was good Brady would have had 55 seconds and two timeouts to win with a field goal. I cannot understand why they attempted that kick. 56 yards in the rain was dumb enough. But even if it was good the Pats likely lose.
Probably because the Bucs couldn't run it and Brady wasn't getting it done being one dimensional. The Bucs didn't start really moving the ball until the run game got going

You aren’t winning crap in the NFL if you can’t even get to 20 points! That simple, they need to score more points.

if you have Brandon Bolden playing any snaps on offense, your screwed.

fumbles are killing them

I think all the hype leading up to this game for over a year wasnt good for us Pats fans imo. Now it’s done and we can move forward and hopefully that’s the end of that.

1-3 isn’t the end of the season. That’s only 1 AFC loss. Next week very likely we get to 2-3 and then we’ll see.

not according to the stats..

Our weaknesses all showed up
ILB: who was that replacement for Bentley?
CB: Bethel was really the next man up? (Bethel came in and Brady noticed)
RB: I have said this since before Michel was traded. Taylor won't/shouldn't be back anytime soon.
RT: yuch!

And with all of this, our team was a playoff worthy team. We played even with one of the best teams in the NFL.
==========
For me, the OL was NOT awful. They blitzed on every play for a long time, and the offense met the challenge. Then, TB backed off. NO ONE runs against TB. Of course, we will be much better off with Brown back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing