PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bucs beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all the hype leading up to this game for over a year wasnt good for us Pats fans imo. Now it’s done and we can move forward and hopefully that’s the end of that.

1-3 isn’t the end of the season. That’s only 1 AFC loss. Next week very likely we get to 2-3 and then we’ll see.
sb, I think having this game behind us will be a big weight off the teams shoulders and even some posters. lol....now we can get onto the rest of the season and forget about this Bill vs Tom talk all the time.

We had -1 yards rushing.Lets start there with the problems for the rookie QB having to do to much. And RB were supposed to be our strength

I think all the hype leading up to this game for over a year wasnt good for us Pats fans imo. Now it’s done and we can move forward and hopefully that’s the end of that.

1-3 isn’t the end of the season. That’s only 1 AFC loss. Next week very likely we get to 2-3 and then we’ll see.
When the expression “trap game” was invented, this is what it referred to. The Patriots clearly were up for this game and took the blowout talk personally. Now they’re going on the road against one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL. Got to hope the team doesn’t lose focus, and it gives them the beat-down they should.

Last edited:
sb, I think having this game behind us will be a big weight off the teams shoulders and even some posters. lol....now we can get onto the rest of the season and forget about this Bill vs Tom talk all the time.
I hope we can! I know some folks won’t be able to let it go. I guess we’ll see what happens. I’m definitely breathing a sigh of relief at the moment though regardless. On to Houston!

I really thought they were gonna go for it on 4th and 3 and I’m still shocked they went for the fg in the rain no less. i didn’t agree and thats pretty much it. I’m not one to dwell, he’s the goat coach and there’s no question. I agreed with the unsuccessful 4th and 2 vs Indy years ago but I didn’t agree with this call tonight.

Thought this was McDaniels best called game this season. Loved the quick slants over the middle of the field. Tight ends were getting used finally. The star of the game was Mac Jones and its not even a debate. Too bad some fans and some media will make the decision to kick the highlight of the night.

Disappointed? Yeah. At first I was just happy not to see them get blown out, Started to believe they were gonna pull it off and shock everyone.

I am also very excited for this young qb that just outplayed the greatest qb in history. Sure they lost, but there is no doubt who played better tonigh, Atleast for me anyway. He has also outplayed the 4 qbs drafted ahead of him so far. If you told me before the season started that Jones was going to be better than Lawrence through the first 4 games I’d be ecstatic.

Anyway, tough loss. It sucks that they could be 3-1 with a few bounces/calls but whatever. I’m just happy they aren’t going to be one of those teams drafting a QB every 2 years trying to replace Brady. He’s off to a good start despite the record.

Proud of the team. Just eliminate the brain farts. Not used to the mistakes. Coaching included.

Mac looks legit

If they went for it on 4th and didnt get it, We'd hear. "should have went for the FG". It is what it is.
"How can you put your rookie QB to convert a 4th down when you have a kicker who has not missed in 36 tries"?

Imagine being so flustered by an opposing point of view

lmao
Nothing wrong with being a Brady-ite as long as you are rooting for the Pats at the end of the day. I love Brady but this loss stings. I was proud of how our defense made life very difficult for Tom. That’s a tall task.

I really thought they were gonna go for it on 4th and 3 and I’m still shocked they went for the fg in the rain no less. i didn’t agree and thats pretty much it. I’m not one to dwell, he’s the goat coach and there’s no question. I agreed with the unsuccessful 4th and 2 vs Indy years ago but I didn’t agree with this call tonight.

Thought this was McDaniels best called game this season. Loved the quick slants over the middle of the field. Tight ends were getting used finally. The star of the game was Mac Jones and its not even a debate. Too bad some fans and some media will make the decision to kick the highlight of the night.

Disappointed? Yeah. At first I was just happy not to see them get blown out, Started to believe they were gonna pull it off and shock everyone.

I am also very excited for this young qb that just outplayed the greatest qb in history. Sure they lost, but there is no doubt who played better tonigh, Atleast for me anyway. He has also outplayed the 4 qbs drafted ahead of him so far. If you told me before the season started that Jones was going to be better than Lawrence through the first 4 games I’d be ecstatic.

Anyway, tough loss. It sucks that they could be 3-1 with a few bounces/calls but whatever. I’m just happy they aren’t going to be one of those teams drafting a QB every 2 years trying to replace Brady. He’s off to a good start despite the record.

Only 17 points per game against a horrible Bucs secondary. Waiting to figure out in week4 that your TEs can catch TD passes... this game actually confirmed that this team needs a new oc next year. Mac is high potential, bring back Bill O'Brien

Didnt we start 1-3 in 2001?
Yes. Odds aren’t good but we just need to get back to .500 and move from there.

Tonight was proof we have the QB. He’s ready. People were talking all off-season about how can he handle the pressure of this game and he outplayed Brady. Can the rest of the team put it together is the question.

Didnt we start 1-3 in 2001?

Let’s leave aside the difference in QBs for a moment. Look at the rest of the roster in 2001 vs today. In a league where a defense could hit and hit violently.

Only 17 points per game against a horrible Bucs secondary. Waiting to figure out in week4 that your TEs can catch TD passes... this game actually confirmed that this team needs a new oc next year. Mac is high potential, bring back Bill O'Brien

Right…..It’s not like they were missing their RT or best defensive player? Excuses are for losers. They just hung with the Super Bowl Champs and all you can do is denigrate it?

If Mac Jones is what you get with a "safe" 1st round QB who is pro ready with a high floor and low ceiling, I'll take him every time. We can win a SB with Mac. Let's just see if we can fix the roster before BB hangs it up

Right…..It’s not like they were missing their RT or best defensive player? Excuses are for losers. They just hung with the Super Bowl Champs and all you can do is denigrate it?

Both teams were missing very important players. Injuries are no excuse.

Yes. Odds aren’t good but we just need to get back to .500 and move from there.

Tonight was proof we have the QB. He’s ready. People were talking all off-season about how can he handle the pressure of this game and he outplayed Brady. Can the rest of the team put it together is the question.
I dont think we have a bad group, Mac proved tonight he could move the ball when it counts the most, unfortunately its not translating into wins yet. Last year Cam just looked laughable at times.

Mac was great not just good but great.
Brady was good. but far from great.
The Bucs got at least 4 calls in their favor, like egregious ones. In a game this close that cost us the game. Especially the way Mac was playing.
We got the best QB in the draft and it's not even close.

Mac was great not just good but great.
Brady was good. but far from great.
The Bucs got at least 4 calls in their favor, like egregious ones. In a game this close that cost us the game. Especially the way Mac was playing.
We got the best QB in the draft and it's not even close.
Refs didn’t screw us. We benefited from bad calls, just like they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST