PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bucs beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right…..It’s not like they were missing their RT or best defensive player? Excuses are for losers. They just hung with the Super Bowl Champs and all you can do is denigrate it?

So stop making excuses. They only scored 17 points on a defense missing its 3 starting corners. The pats oc is a major weak link. And now we're 1-3.

I agree we should really celebrate the defense. A major accomplishment stopping the explosive Bucs offense.

I'm here to tell ya... My Bucs were outplayed... Mac Jones is the real deal. Steve Belichick is a funny-looking dude.

Great game, mad respect, and I hope we DON'T play you guys again.
You were short handed, although the Pats were too, and I hope (and you should too) we DO play you guys again this season, because it means a February game for both of us….

Mac was great not just good but great.
Brady was good. but far from great.
The Bucs got at least 4 calls in their favor, like egregious ones. In a game this close that cost us the game. Especially the way Mac was playing.
We got the best QB in the draft and it's not even close.
Pats got some calls at the end as well. The turnover was the difference. Running backs have blown two games this year 4 games in.

If Mac Jones is what you get with a "safe" 1st round QB who is pro ready with a high floor and low ceiling, I'll take him every time. We can win a SB with Mac. Let's just see if we can fix the roster before BB hangs it up

It's a no brainer. Mac is awesome. It's fun to go back and read fake draft expert construction guys try to diss Mac's arm or some other BS crappy take they parroted from twitter before the spring.

So stop making excuses. They only scored 17 points on a defense missing its 3 starting corners. The pats oc is a major weak link. And now we're 1-3.

I agree we should really celebrate the defense. A major accomplishment stopping the explosive Bucs offense.
Your the one making excuses for the Bucs. Injuries are part of the game. Too bad for their secondary and Mac took advantage.

Yeah and a team without it’s RT, best 3rd down back. And a rookie QB playing in a downpour in one of the most hyped regular season games of all times.

Classic Brady game

has to overcome the elements and the refs. Still wins

Did the other players/team not also have to deal with the rain? The missed holds on Tampa’s OL?

Both teams had to deal with those variables.

I miss when games were torrented because there were like 2 complete phantome holding calls on the pats, in the middle of good drives that stalled us. I can't prove it because I can't show it. Plus the call on Slater needs to be addressed because If players can box another player out of bounds that's a problem.

Yeah and a team without it’s RT, best 3rd down back. And a rookie QB playing in a downpour in one of the most hyped regular season games of all times.

Mac played great but the offense under performed. Don't try to spin 17 points scored in a loss and a 1-3 record as good offensive play calling. Mac deserves a better oc next year.

The trenches are where games are lost. Tampa's secondary was depleted, protect Mac and we are scoring all day on that defense.
Mac in two years scores 30+ on a secondary that poor. He needs time, he'll get there.

If Mac Jones is what you get with a "safe" 1st round QB who is pro ready with a high floor and low ceiling, I'll take him every time. We can win a SB with Mac. Let's just see if we can fix the roster before BB hangs it up
Had no idea that "safe" rookies set NFL rookie records. Sad his ceiling is so low! Too bad he'll never get any better...

Mac played great but the offense under performed. Don't try to spin 17 points scored in a loss and a 1-3 record as good offensive play calling. Mac deserves a better oc next year.
Every offense is going to underperform with a crap OL. Just ask Patrick. When you can’t run the ball and become one dimensional advantage goes to the defense. It’s not on the OC when the O line sucks and can’t protect.

careful what you say in this thread. Tread lightly. No criticism allowed.

we’re 1-3 and in a bad spot to miss the playoffs. Mac Jones is very good but didn’t we already know this? Our defense is good but didn’t we already know this??? How bout you take a shot downfield once or twice? How about going for it instead of kicking an impossible field goal?

“you are what your record says you are”

“an impossible field goal” that actually was very possible had it been 4-5 inches further to the right. He had the leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST