PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see how YOU'D do missing your starting OC and Starting RG. Let's see how you'd do when your starting RT goes down early in the game. So you've got 3/5s of a new starting O-Line with your starting LG shifting to OC.
It was the same thing last year. But everyone here keep saying that it was Brady fault. And now, this year everyone use this excuse to explain Cam poor performances.

What’s funny is that most of the Buccaneer fans here are using the lack of training camp and injuries as an excuse for Brady, but when Cam misses practice for 2 straight weeks because of Covid and had injuries to the o-line, he sucks...

last year, for you and other, the injury to the OL and the poor WR was not a problem and was not the cause to a inexistant running game and poor offensive play. It was all Brady’s fault. And now you all are using the exact same excuse your refuse to use last year to explain Cam abysmal performances his last two games.

Does anyone have a replay of the Tim Patrick sideline catch for 35 yards. I swear that the replay shows that his right foot comes down in bounds but the left foot comes down across the line, which would be OOBs.. His left foot would have come down in bounds but sure looks like it hits JMac's leg and stays up until it lands on the line.
Nah, it was an incredible catch. He dragged the tip of his left foot on the ground.

Not so accurate? Yet he's throwing at 68%..

almost all of his passes was dump off to white. I hope he has a good % in them otherwise it would be scary.

The guy played well through the first 4 games...we should just chill with the criticism for now. Let's see what the rest of the season brings. If he plays like he did today for the rest of the season, he's toast. But I must say he's had TWO opportunities to be clutch in the final minutes of the game - one against Seattle and again today and he failed both times.

The guy did not play well the first four games. He had two good games against MIA and SEA and two really bad one against LV and DEN. I think the critiscm are fair.

Collinsworth just explained my exact argument. Al Micheals took the other side with “you just scored, what does it do to you emotionally if you know you need to score twice”. Lol.
As collinsworth said in this case it was under 4 minutes. If you know you need 2 scores then you have to manage 4 minutes differently and maybe you onside kick here.

Collinsworth is a perennial loser for a reason.

I totally understand your point. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Teams down by two scores PLAY for two scores. Alright. Ok? Well teams down by one score play for ONE SCORE? ALRIGHT, cool.

Putting your self down two scores when you have a high % chipshot point after that makes it a one score game and thus makes getting ONE TOUCHDOWN and a TWO POINTER conversion makes no sense.

GOING for it and MISSING it means you NOW have to get that SAME touchdown PLUS a FG. meaning not ONE but TWO possessions.

You're stuck on this going for 2 with 8 minutes left thing because it leaves you time to correct a failed attempt. Yes. It leaves you time to correct the failed attempt but only if you get two stops AND score on BOTH your ensuing possessions.

My way leaves you with ONE less oppertunity but also with only ONE possession to make it happen. Failing your two point conversion with 8inutes left has literally nothing to do with failing with 15 seconds left. They don't affect either.

I feel confident you understand my position now very clearly and it's not matter of understanding it and simply matter of disagreeing with it so I'm gonna leave it at that. Later.

This is 100% the correct take except that Cam in the passing game was pretty awful. Not practicing obviously didn't help. But he missed a wide open Byrd down the left sideline for a TD on the last drive. Then he missed a wide open Harry on the last play of the game.

The Broncos brought the house on the last play and that pressure forced the ball out quick enough for it to be incomplete. It is a tough throw on a good day and even more tough after being in quarantine for 10 days and then getting only 1 practice in after coming back as a QB.

I agree on the deep shot to Byrd. He had the time to throw and Byrd looked open by NFL standards. But that is why the vertical game is inherently more low percentage.

Brown had close to no practices in 2 weeks

As stated many times already in this thread. That is untrue seeing is how Titans players had unauthorized practices

It was the same thing last year. But everyone here keep saying that it was Brady fault. And now, this year everyone use this excuse to explain Cam poor performances.
The difference is when the OL got better Brady didn’t. He also threw two season killing pick 6’s. His attitude was terrible and that did not go unnoticed by his teammates.

I don’t know how good Cam is or isn’t with this team yet. It’s been a weird season.

I totally understand your point. I just can't wrap my head around it.

This is a really nice post.

BB is the GOAT coach because he can wrap his head around it. It might make your head spin, but it was the right call. Sometimes in life it is best to learn from the great ones like BB. No shame in that.

but Brown was a consensus first round pick.

and yet he wasn't taken by any team in the 1st round, so I guess no team had a "use a 1st round pick on him" consesus. Not even Tennessee had one, seeing is how they drafted a player that had just done his knee in the 1st round

In fact a lot of draftnik's had Harry over Brown. Metcalf only vaulted up boards after the his workout warrior-like combine but teams still negged him because he was coming off a neck injury and was just a go-route guy. I mean the revisionist that Harry wasn't basically a top 2-3 WR in that draft and was really a day 3 pick is hilarious

Screenshot_20201019-060611_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201019-061324_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201019-061559_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201019-061707_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201019-062010_Chrome.jpg

The Broncos brought the house on the last play and that pressure forced the ball out quick enough for it to be incomplete. It is a tough throw on a good day and even more tough after being in quarantine for 10 days and then getting only 1 practice in after coming back as a QB.

I agree on the deep shot to Byrd. He had the time to throw and Byrd looked open by NFL standards. But that is why the vertical game is inherently more low percentage.

Great post.

Byrd was wide open. Cam missed him by a mile. Byrd is not a #1 but he can get behind defenses with his speed unlike other speedsters (Dorsett). The long ball is an even lower percentage play with Cam. We are seeing why the Panthers drafted taller, stronger, slower, jump ball guys at WR. Denver was challenging us to go deep. I bet Byrd was open more than once.

I believe Harry ran the wrong route on the last play. Not sure if he runs the right route with more experience or not. People say Harry is a bust. Maybe he is, or maybe he is a slow learner. Harry looks better this year, so maybe it will click with him Y3.

Josh Allen and Cam are both not the most accurate passers and need to concentrate on their mechanics. Both regressed this week. The AFC winner is probably the team that gets their QB back on the "correct mechanics" track. That is part of the fundamentals that BB talks about and why he says they need practice. Fangio knew they had little practice and guessed right that Cam's mechanics might break down. One of Cam's passes was drilled into the ground half way to the receiver - have not seen that since Tebow. Cam reads the field well, and goes through his progressions - smart guy. But he is not an accurate passer. Have to get Cam back to better mechanics or it will be a LONG season.

Stidham's mechanics are great. Natural passer. Wonder if he can mature to see the field and go through progressions like Cam. Too bad we can not combine Stidham and Cam. :)

Because they wouldn't have reversed it. He gets touched and his knee hits down and then he slides forward. Refs spot the ball where the knee hits on those. Where his knee hit wasn't at or past the 1st down marker.

People will go at Belichick but he was correct in not challenging it. Might have moved it a tad closer but it still would have been 4th and it's a wasted challenge even if it is technically overturned for a closer spot

This is a really nice post.

BB is the GOAT coach because he can wrap his head around it. It might make your head spin, but it was the right call. Sometimes in life it is best to learn from the great ones like BB. No shame in that.
Wrong. Bill had a horrible game and he was flat footed almost from the start.

Even the great ones have bad days and yesterday was one of those days.

He decided to not challenged an easy non call on first down. Dude was sleep walking.

I don't appreciate your patronizing retort

You’re right

today they looked like an 0-16 squad when the reality is probably 5-11. Maybe 6-10

I think the only thing worse than the game today was the moderating in the game thread. As usual it was an emotional tantrum by an immature moderator who abuses her powers with 0 repercussions. Ideally we can get that sorted so people with differing opinions are allowed to post even if she gets triggered
A doom-and-gloomer whining about a mod moderating whiny doom-and-gloomers sh!+ing up the GDT

what-a-surprise-5c697c.jpg

Yeah I totally agree. If you’re going to be lacking some skill position players you need to have terrific line play on offense and defense. The only strength I see from this team is in the defensive backfield. Everything else is mediocre or poor
Right... Because the OL wasn't playing elite until injuries and covid knocked out 3/5 of it.

Harry ran a simple out and his cut was sharp so he was open. it’s not that tough a throw.

Byrd was open by any football standard. That’s an easy pass for an NFL QB.

With reps, Cam probably makes both throws.

Specifically McDaniels can't evaluate receivers or RBs. Keep McDaniels out of the draft war room or draft evals.

Perhaps.
But we struggled drafting receivers well before Josh came along. The buck stops with the Boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back