PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the same thing last year. But everyone here keep saying that it was Brady fault. And now, this year everyone use this excuse to explain Cam poor performances.
Did Brady miss 2 weeks and only get 1 practice going into a game where the backup C who was starting was ruled out 2 days before. The LT who is dealing with an injury slid into LG. The LG slid to C which forced a back-up rookie RT to start at LT. Not to mention the starting RG is out and the only starter that played their acutal poistion was the RT that got injured early and the OL had to be shuffled once again mid-game

If that happened to Brady last year please remind me when because I can't recall it.

Yeah I totally agree. If you’re going to be lacking some skill position players you need to have terrific line play on offense and defense. The only strength I see from this team is in the defensive backfield. Everything else is mediocre or poor
The OL is fine. The problem has been injuries and the QB holding the ball for way too long.

Wrong. Bill had a horrible game and he was flat footed almost from the start.

Even the great ones have bad days and yesterday was one of those days.

He decided to not challenged an easy non call on first down. Dude was sleep walking.

I don't appreciate your patronizing retort

I think BB would agree he did not have one of his best days.

The correct decision was to go for the 2 point conversion.

Patronizing? Maybe I was sleep walking too.

Harry ran a simple out and his cut was sharp so he was open. it’s not that tough a throw.

It was not a tough throw, I agree.

I think the question is whether Harry was suppose to cut in or out, which may depend on what the defense was doing. If Harry was suppose to cut out, the throw might have been on the mark.

Harry ran a simple out and his cut was sharp so he was open. it’s not that tough a throw.

Byrd was open by any football standard. That’s an easy pass for an NFL QB.

With reps, Cam probably makes both throws.

This. Twitter armchair scouts can say Harry ran the wrong route but whatever route he did run he was open and past the 1st down marker and probably jogs into the end zone if Newton comes within his catch radius.

Harry showed what he could do when Stidham put a ball up in his catch radius in the Chiefs game

You’re right

today they looked like an 0-16 squad when the reality is probably 5-11. Maybe 6-10

I think the only thing worse than the game today was the moderating in the game thread. As usual it was an emotional tantrum by an immature moderator who abuses her powers with 0 repercussions. Ideally we can get that sorted so people with differing opinions are allowed to post even if she gets triggered

You’re complaining about the GDT moderator? Really? Ashley has been doing it for quite a while. I don’t think “differing opinions” is a problem and basically, if you’re not disrespectful or disruptive, she lets you roll.

It was not a tough throw, I agree.

I think the question is whether Harry was suppose to cut in or out, which may depend on what the defense was doing. If Harry was suppose to cut out, the throw might have been on the mark.

He did cut out. The throw was way too wide left from the receiver’s vantage point.

I seen a couple of the doom-and-gloomers in here with the take that Pats were dominated in this.

By what metric? donkeys only had 10 more yards of offense and 6 more points and those 6 points were the result of the offense turning it over which set them up in FG range.

One team practiced for the last 2 weeks, One team had 1 practice in 2 weeks.

So funny that the opinion has changed so much since 2 Mondays ago when this team went down to KC and was in a one score game for most of the game to now they are a terrible team because they had to play musical chairs with the OL with no practice or in-person game plan meetings. Nope. For the last 2 weeks the players have been sitting on their couches holding a computer/tablet

This. Twitter armchair scouts can say Harry ran the wrong route but whatever route he did run he was open and past the 1st down marker and probably jogs into the end zone if Newton comes within his catch radius.

Harry showed what he could do when Stidham put a ball up in his catch radius in the Chiefs game
You’re aware that Harry running the wrong route means that Cam had to hold the ball longer against Cover-0, yes?

He did cut out. The throw was way too wide left from the receiver’s vantage point.

My bad. I remembered the ball landing between Harry and the right sideline.

My point is 1)Yes Harry was open for an easy throw, but 2) was Harry where he was suppose to be? QBs throw before the route is complete so the receiver has to be where they are suppose to be. When I see a pass in the neighborhood I wonder if the pass was OK but to the wrong spot or if the receiver was in the wrong spot. Communication error? Route running error?

Disappointing but not unexpected game. This is a rebuilding year. Covid and injuries just exacerbated the situation. Take our licks this season and load up for next year.

Collinsworth is a perennial loser for a reason.

I totally understand your point. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Teams down by two scores PLAY for two scores. Alright. Ok? Well teams down by one score play for ONE SCORE? ALRIGHT, cool.

Putting your self down two scores when you have a high % chipshot point after that makes it a one score game and thus makes getting ONE TOUCHDOWN and a TWO POINTER conversion makes no sense.

GOING for it and MISSING it means you NOW have to get that SAME touchdown PLUS a FG. meaning not ONE but TWO possessions.

You're stuck on this going for 2 with 8 minutes left thing because it leaves you time to correct a failed attempt. Yes. It leaves you time to correct the failed attempt but only if you get two stops AND score on BOTH your ensuing possessions.

My way leaves you with ONE less oppertunity but also with only ONE possession to make it happen. Failing your two point conversion with 8inutes left has literally nothing to do with failing with 15 seconds left. They don't affect either.

I feel confident you understand my position now very clearly and it's not matter of understanding it and simply matter of disagreeing with it so I'm gonna leave it at that. Later.
You are going to go for one 2 point conversion either way. If you are going to miss it you need to know now rather than when it is too late.
There is no value whatsoever if leaving that outcome until it’s too late to do anything about it.
Failing or converting the conversion will be the same result whether you do it on the first score or the second.

My bad. I remembered the ball landing between Harry and the right sideline.

My point is 1)Yes Harry was open for an easy throw, but 2) was Harry where he was suppose to be? QBs throw before the route is complete so the receiver has to be where they are suppose to be. When I see a pass in the neighborhood I wonder if the pass was OK but to the wrong spot or if the receiver was in the wrong spot. Communication error? Route running error?

No, you’re right. I was using the receiver’s perspective. The ball did land between Harry and the sideline. But maybe Harry broke to the sideline later than Newton thought he would.

If watch the corner’s feet, they’re aligned for outside coverage. Then he plays neutral and Harry cuts out when he’s about 13 yards downfield. My read is that the CB is just supposed to keep Harry in front of him because it’s a zero blitz. Not sure how or when Harry is supposed to break, but you might be right. These are good questions,

What makes this a tough throw is the fact that the Broncos are bringing the house with a 7 men blitz. What makes it even tougher yesterday was a patchwork OL and a QB who lost about 3 weeks of practice time.

Byrd was open by any football standard. That’s an easy pass for an NFL QB.

If that is an easy pass by NFL QB standards then Jesus was this Brady dude a dud most of the time because his deep attempts were consistently overthrown to similarly open WRs.

A view from the backfield might change this assessment.

I get that for people who work for questionable entities like "CLNS Media" it is a race for clicks and ad money but I find it absurd to suggest someone ran a wrong route based on broadcast copy. Like you are saying at least wait those 2-3 days until the A22 becomes available and you can clearly see what is happening.

Last edited:
For the 3rd time: If 12-4 is "Jack Squat" then what is 2-3?

Jill Squat? Squat thrust? Whatever it's supposed to be called...it was not an enjoyable latest iteration to watch yesterday. It looked like exactly what it was: a bunch of guys playing pick up football.

Team football in all three phases is what allows lesser talented collections of players to win. The only phase that looked in such state yesterday at all was the special teams which likely doesn't have as many new formations, alignments, etc.

Jill Squat? Squat thrust? Whatever it's supposed to be called...it was not an enjoyable latest iteration to watch yesterday. It looked like exactly what it was: a bunch of guys playing pick up football.

Team football in all three phases is what allows lesser talented collections of players to win. The only phase that looked in such state yesterday at all was the special teams which likely doesn't have as many new formations, alignments, etc.

If someone like BB is bringing up the lack of practice as an excuse again and again like he did in the presser then I buy it completely. Hopefully we don't run into any more disruptions like we did in the last 3 weeks.

That third rounder next year that Kraft's video crew helped the league steal from us sure would have been useful. Thanks fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes