PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s surround a not so accurate passer with mediocre talent. That’s a bright idea. I have seen enough of harry. The guy’s a mediocre wideout. I don’t think he has the speed to create much separation. Got open in the end.

Not so accurate? Yet he's throwing at 68%..

Gotta love the excuse makers for harry. He was getting open all game. Lol. The guy’s a mediocre wideout.
Gotta love the Harry Haters who show time and again they don't know jack about football. You come out of the woodwork to s**t on a guy because you need to feel good about your pathetic lives.

He threw the first one right into a rusher and the second right at the on underneath. They were tipped because he threw directly at the guy who tipped it.
I didn't say they were good throws just that they weren't thrown right at the defender which was suggested. Dont you guys read the posts?

Does anyone have a replay of the Tim Patrick sideline catch for 35 yards. I swear that the replay shows that his right foot comes down in bounds but the left foot comes down across the line, which would be OOBs.. His left foot would have come down in bounds but sure looks like it hits JMac's leg and stays up until it lands on the line.
It really looked like he was OOB but it was completely ignored by CBS
If we're not trolling, we're just called "spoiled" instead. That or your opinion is ignored because you aren't deemed football smart enough. I will never post in the GDT again. I don't often anyway, but I can already envision a world where I'm called spoiled every week even though I'm very rational and haven't really done anything to anybody here over the course of of my four years here.

Two weeks ago I got done saying I was content with losing seasons and am fine since I've been granted so much success to watch and needing more to satisfy myself would be greedy. However now two weeks later I'm spoiled. Will likely be called that in GDT every week by somebody or even worse, eventually be labeled a troll. So yeah, cutting my losses and avoiding that thread.
The GDT years ago used to be a great companion piece to the game and it's been unreadable for the last few years. I get the knee jerk reactions but when you read crap after the first 3 and out from the offense that "the season is over" it's best to stay out of the thread.

Harry will be some other line of work a couple of years after his contract is over.

If I had a dollar for every time someone like you said that about a Pats player, I'd be rich.

Does it? I watched a Titans team with more than 14 days between blow the doors off an undefeated Bills team. Losing is one thing. Getting completely waxed is quite another but hey, enjoy your rose colored glasses.
Titans practiced illegally

I didn't say they were good throws just that they weren't thrown right at the defender which was suggested. Dont you guys read the posts?
He did throw them right at the defender.
What were you watching?

Your assessment of the O-line and Harry are laughable.

O-line - Wynn is playing hurt. They lost Ferentz and Mason less than 48 hours apart. So they had a makeshift line that had ZERO f'in practice together. Add to that Eluemenor going down early and you had 3/5 of an O-line that hadn't taken regular snaps to this point.

In terms of Harry, he's doing excellent in his run blocking and he's getting open. You clearly missed Cam missing him ridiculously in the final series and it had nothing to do with a CB bumping him off the route.

The Patriots didn't exactly call a lot of passing plays early on because of the makeshift O-line. They went to calling more because of the hole they were in.

Cam is accountable for 2 of the sacks he took because he should have thrown the ball away. Beyond that, it was clear that the team had only had 2 practices in 14 days.

YOU and every other person throwing out assessments who don't take that into consideration don't know jack about the game and are just spewing in a vain attempt to look smart.
Okay so the line didn't suck then? Hot take bud.

I am fully aware of the injuries/COVID list/reshuffling that went on with the line today. We all are. They still sucked today and were one of, if not the main reason, for the loss.

Did I say they'll continue to suck throughout the season? Did I say they had no excuses? No. I said the line sucked and that should be the takeaway. Maybe ease up on trying to extrapolate one sentence.

Also Harry blows. AJ Brown had close to no practices in 2 weeks and balled out against Buffalo and Houston.

You used the euphemism "Jack Squat" so that, in your typical cowardly fashion, you could easily retreat from your own statement. I doubt most NFL fans would consider 12-4 and a division title as being "Jack Squat". For most teams, that's a damn decent year. It is only in New England where the standards are so high (thanks to Brady) that a fan can arrogantly proclaim 12-4 and a division title as being "Jack Squat".

If 12-4 is "Jack Squat" then what's 2-3..?
You know wins are a team stat not a QB stat right? Take Brady off this team and put a decent QB in his place in 2019 and I doubt we’re much worse than 12-4 if at all. We didn’t win any game because of Brady alone. That’s how easy our schedule was and how good our defense was. So what I said is a fact- he didn’t “lead us” to squat.

I’ve been saying this since last year. Belichick’s horrendous drafting are the reason for the death of the dynasty. He’s the architect in both the 20 year dynasty, as well as the collapse of the dynasty.

It’s been obvious, FOR YEARS, that this team needs an influx of EXPLOSIVE weapons for the offense. And what do they do ? After ignoring the WR position for years, they ignore the most explosive (DK Metcalf), and select the LEAST explosive. Then after ignoring two of the deepest and best TE drafts (2018-19), they draft TWO TE’s in the 3rd round of an ok TE draft, who have a combined 5 games played and ZERO catches.

Now I know what some of you are going to say. “The Pat’s playbook takes years to get used to”, blah blah ****ing blah. How about taking a look at this offense, which hasn’t been successful the last two years, and making some tweaks to it to be able to use these TEs for what they do best. Not using them makes them a waste of 3rd round picks. Same goes for their 5th round pick kicker which was one of the dumbest picks I’ve ever seen (MUCH better kickers were available).

It all comes back to the draft. I hope maybe they bring in some help in that department as far as talent evaluation. This offense is literally putrid. And hate to say it, because he gave me 20 years of greatness, but it’s all Belichick’s fault.

When it comes to Cam, I like the guy, but he’s a top 25 QB at best. Cam has thrown TWO TD passes in 4 games (4 INTs). TWO ! In his last 7 starts, he has 2 TD passes and 6 INTs. Friggen Tanneyhill threw 4 TD passes TODAY ! Cam is definitely not the answer. Great runner, but he’s thrown for under 170 yards in 3 of his 4 starts this year. The Pats need to be up in the game and running the ball for 150+ yards, or they have no chance to win. If they have to pass, they are ****ed. P.S., the saddest thing I’m seeing is Edelman, he’s obviously finished. Which of a so sad for me, he’s one of my heroes. Trade him to TB and let him enjoy his last dozen or so NFL games. Maybe steal a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

Rookie WR Justin Jefferson just caught 9 catches today for 166 yards and 2 touchdowns. This was after barely any covid training camp. Meanwhile NKeal I believe had 1 target he let get intercepted today for 0 total catches today. Can NKeal even get open?

We are going to have a down year and will likely miss the playoffs. This team on offense was absolutely bad.
Blame Cam all you want (and he does deserve some of the blame) but I put a lot more on McDaniels.

The play-calling was absolutely atrocious all game long. Save for the first 2 weeks of the season, McD's play-calling has been terrible for the better part of a year, going back to last season. You have a 6'3", 215lb WR and you can't throw one single, f*cking fade/back-shoulder throw? You know, the ones Cam is good at throwing?

McDaniels gets stuck in a certain type of play-calling and has no nuance/tact in adjusting. Take away what he does well and he has no alternatives. Today they tried to run the read option, once that got shut-down they had no alternative plan for running the ball. They tried quick hitters in the flat, but the DEN DEs were all over batting those down. And after that, he fell into a long-developing, downfield passing attack with an injured o-line.

Infuriating - absolutely should've won that game.
Mcdaniels does suck I’ll give u that and Harry is probably not going to be the player BB envisioned in the least ....but this was a total team dumpster fire....probably one of the worst performances since the mid to late 90’s....good news is that we can only go UP from today’s disastrous performance and coaching

What’s going to put the team in best position for 2021? If the team doesn’t think they can sign Thuney long term, I’d be open to trading him. In Gilmore‘s case, the question comes down to JC Jackson‘s situation. Are they willing to spend that much money among all their DBs? If not, I’d be willing to listen because Gilmore obviously will fetch a huge return. But both Gilmore and Thuney certainly can be starring players on a 2021 team.
Of course. Awesome players. I’m just not regrading 2020-2021 as SB years. And they won’t be around for 2022+ so...

I’d be open to listening to offers for every single player on the roster. It’s just that some of them would take a really nice offer for me to make a move (were it my choice).
Maybe a contender wants JMac or even DMac.

I think you lock up JC. I can’t think of anyone else I’d lock up long term (as I believe Thuney will command more $ than BB wants to spend).

It really looked like he was OOB but it was completely ignored by CBS

The GDT years ago used to be a great companion piece to the game and it's been unreadable for the last few years. I get the knee jerk reactions but when you read crap after the first 3 and out from the offense that "the season is over" it's best to stay out of the thread.
This thread is just as full of whiners as the GDT.

I’ve been saying this since last year. Belichick’s horrendous drafting are the reason for the death of the dynasty. He’s the architect in both the 20 year dynasty, as well as the collapse of the dynasty.

It’s been obvious, FOR YEARS, that this team needs an influx of EXPLOSIVE weapons for the offense. And what do they do ? After ignoring the WR position for years, they ignore the most explosive (DK Metcalf), and select the LEAST explosive. Then after ignoring two of the deepest and best TE drafts (2018-19), they draft TWO TE’s in the 3rd round of an ok TE draft, who have a combined 5 games played and ZERO catches.

Now I know what some of you are going to say. “The Pat’s playbook takes years to get used to”, blah blah ****ing blah. How about taking a look at this offense, which hasn’t been successful the last two years, and making some tweaks to it to be able to use these TEs for what they do best. Not using them makes them a waste of 3rd round picks. Same goes for their 5th round pick kicker which was one of the dumbest picks I’ve ever seen (MUCH better kickers were available).

It all comes back to the draft. I hope maybe they bring in some help in that department as far as talent evaluation. This offense is literally putrid. And hate to say it, because he gave me 20 years of greatness, but it’s all Belichick’s fault.

When it comes to Cam, I like the guy, but he’s a top 25 QB at best. Cam has thrown TWO TD passes in 4 games (4 INTs). TWO ! In his last 7 starts, he has 2 TD passes and 6 INTs. Friggen Tanneyhill threw 4 TD passes TODAY ! Cam is definitely not the answer. Great runner, but he’s thrown for under 170 yards in 3 of his 4 starts this year. The Pats need to be up in the game and running the ball for 150+ yards, or they have no chance to win. If they have to pass, they are ****ed. P.S., the saddest thing I’m seeing is Edelman, he’s obviously finished. Which of a so sad for me, he’s one of my heroes. Trade him to TB and let him enjoy his last dozen or so NFL games. Maybe steal a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

I blame a lot of this on Belichick's over-reliance to listening to crappy player evaluation advice from McDaniels. Wasted 1st rd bust picks on Harry or Michel, or TEs, or a 2nd for Sanu.

You brought no counter point at all. The Titans game has absolutely zero impact on how to view or evaluate our game today.

The reality is that last week everything went the Titans way while at the same time we lost additional key players about 48h before kickoff to high risk contact tracing. The Titans didn't have a complete makeshift O, we did. The Titans didn't have a QB that signed a month before camp and then missed another 3 weeks of reps due to COVID, we did. The Titans didn't lose their two key interior DL players, we did. The Titans were not unlucky to see tipped passes turn into low percentage INTs, we did. And while they are getting healthier we lost even more players early in this game.

There is absolutely zero point comparing their situation to ours except the fact that both teams had a game moved due to COVID. You are conveniently just ignoring context just because it fits some narrative.

But go on dunking on a team that historically has been HUGE on gameplanning in a game where they didn't get to do what they are best at.
Sure it does. You blamed a lack of practice for the result today. When you do that, pointing out another team which didn’t practice for two weeks and had no idea who they were playing a week before the game, yet went out and crushed their opponent is a haymaker of a counterpoint. Furthermore, don’t we have the GOAT HC, who is supposed to be renowned for navigating around situations like this? Who is supposed to be the best at having his team prepared no matter what? Or does that talking point fade when you’d rather do anything but admit that our skill possession players are not very good? Clear it up for me.

Oh, and by the way, those tipped passes were not “unlucky.” You should know what you’re looking at. As @PP2 also pointed out in the game thread, the tips came because Cam was staring down his targets. That had nothing to do with luck. That isn’t something that’s getting fixed by a week of unpadded practice. That isn’t something that’s getting mitigated by an off-season of work in a system that he’s already played in previously. That’s a habit. The WRs aren’t going to magically separate from man coverage with a weak of practice. That was another big problem today, just like it was last season. N’Keal Harry isn’t going to magically become a sprinter, or even an NFL-caliber WR for that matter, with a week of practice.

Here, for hilarity’s sake, answer me this: where do you rank our skill position players amongst the NFL?

You know wins are a team stat not a QB stat right? Take Brady off this team and put a decent QB in his place in 2019 and I doubt we’re much worse than 12-4 if at all. We didn’t win any game because of Brady alone. That’s how easy our schedule was and how good our defense was. So what I said is a fact- he didn’t “lead us” to squat.
LOLOL!!!!!

"Brady didn’t lead us to jack squat last year." - sb1 (direct quote, his words)
"Actually he led us to the playoffs with a 12-4 record and division championship." - me
"You know wins are a team stat not a QB stat right?" - sb1 (direct quote, his words)

Pathetic.

We are going to have a down year and will likely miss the playoffs. This team on offense was absolutely bad.
I would say that you would make money on a bet that we will miss playoffs ....except they have a very lenient wild card system this year....8-8 may get in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back