PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF are you smoking? What's disgusting is that you missed WRs getting open and Cam just not getting the ball out. Cam was late on the throw to James White that got picked. Cam threw behind Harry on the last series. Cam missed Byrd and Harry several times when they were open. Why? Rust, mostly. A couple times was because the makeshift line didn't do enough.

Harry IS an NFL WR and you'd know that if you stopped your *****ing and paid attention. He's getting open. It's not his fault that the QB doesn't get him the ball where he can catch it.

If you're going to ***** about Harry, then you should be *****ing about Edelman as well since Edelman got open all of ONE time today. ONE.

Harry will be some other line of work a couple of years after his contract is over.

Similar to real life.
Back to the game : I want BB to win every single game he can with what he has. Having said that, I think this year’s ceiling is “making the playoffs”. Since that isn’t a novelty around here anymore, I’d be open to exploring assets to move. Including, but not limited to, Gilmore & Thuney.
What’s going to put the team in best position for 2021? If the team doesn’t think they can sign Thuney long term, I’d be open to trading him. In Gilmore‘s case, the question comes down to JC Jackson‘s situation. Are they willing to spend that much money among all their DBs? If not, I’d be willing to listen because Gilmore obviously will fetch a huge return. But both Gilmore and Thuney certainly can be starring players on a 2021 team.

Really bad HC and OC coaching today. The lack of playmakers and speed on O was pretty apparent. The linebacking and D line are an issue. Virtually no practice in two weeks. In this league? Hard to win without play makes on offense and no practice. I trust Bill to get it back on track with some regular practices but his game today was probably the worst coaching I've seen out of him since..... well, maybe ever?

Cowart’s irrelevant. He plays D

Cowart isn't irrelevant. If he'd been out there, the Run Defense doesn't take as much of a hit when Butler goes down.

Really bad HC and OC coaching today. The lack of playmakers and speed on O was pretty apparent. The linebacking and D line are an issue. Virtually no practice in two weeks. In this league? Hard to win without play makes on offense and no practice. I trust Bill to get it back on track with some regular practices but his game today was probably the worst coaching I've seen out of him since..... well, maybe ever?
Yeah not one of Bill’s (and Josh) better games for sure.

Brady didn’t lead us to jack squat last year.
Brady led the team to the playoffs with a 12-4 record and a division title.

Now before you pipe in with that not being terribly impressive, be aware that this team is heading to 7-9/8-8 without him and the players can schedule tee times starting January 4. In couple hours, we will be looking up at Miami in the standings.

Cam needs to have better pocket awareness. Yes the line was terrible today but he held the ball way too long on multiple plays. That and the batted passes which are becoming a big problem killed us. They need him to stop side arm slinging some of these underneath routes and they need to bring in someone who can make a play in the passing game. Maybe the Eagles take what they can get for Ertz or maybe the Texans are willing to part with Fuller and we just hope he actually stays healthy. At this point I wouldn’t even mind getting Dede Westbrook or see if AJ Green has anything left (which I doubt but whatever take a shot).
When a rusher is directly in front of you about to hit you and you throw the ball right at him that’s a stupid olay and you earned the pick that results.
it doesn’t much matter who is at WR. We need to run the ball to create passing opportunities that create easy wide open throws. We aren’t winning many games if we try to drop back and throw it 30+ times.

It has been a long time since a Pats team was dominated like that. Denver even tried to give is the game at the end and we still messed it up. Horrible game from Cam. This offense will struggle anytime they face a good defense.

When was the last time we were 2-3?
What is a "long time?"

The Pats aren't good enough to not show up for 3 quarters and expect to win. Coach Bill had some curious decisions to say the least
Such as?

Now before you pipe in with that not being terribly impressive, be aware that this team is heading to 7-9/8-8 without him and the players can schedule tee times starting January 4. In couple hours, we will be looking up at Miami in the standings.
Nothing I said is untrue.

Tom Brady ain't coming through that door.

Time to move on.

Did BB say that bit about building character immediately after the KC game in 2014 at his post-game presser? Or did he say it after the season was over when he was able to look back at the team's journey in its totality? I'll give you a hint: it's the latter, not the former.

If people had come to this forum after the KC loss in 2014, saying that despite the loss, the game could build character for potential late-season success, would you be still be piping on about "nO exCuSEz"? Of course you would.

Lots of folks who are angry, emotional, myopic, and lacking in any ability to critically evaluate the circumstances around today's game, and then step back and evaluate the season as it has been played to this point, and what lies ahead.
I’m pretty sure he made that comment in the post game. I could be wrong though

You seem happy to predict that.

Does anyone have a replay of the Tim Patrick sideline catch for 35 yards. I swear that the replay shows that his right foot comes down in bounds but the left foot comes down across the line, which would be OOBs.. His left foot would have come down in bounds but sure looks like it hits JMac's leg and stays up until it lands on the line.

Of course. When a counter point that completely blew up your argument happens, dismiss and accuse the other poster of trolling. The point stands, they didn’t practice either and were dealing with their own issues. They BLEW OUT a better team in Buffalo than the one we lost to today. Must just be easier to scream “tRoLLiNg LoL” than to admit that this team has personnel problems out the wazoo. Cam was holding the ball for 5 seconds at times today because nobody... NOBODY was able to shake loose downfield. This is the worst group of TEs in the league through five games and I’m hard pressed to think of a worse group of WRs in the entire league. They’re that bad. Practice or no practice - they’re still holding an L. Possibly a blowout if the Donks receivers didn’t drop 4 TDs in the first three quarters.
If we're not trolling, we're just called "spoiled" instead. That or your opinion is ignored because you aren't deemed football smart enough. I will never post in the GDT again. I don't often anyway, but I can already envision a world where I'm called spoiled every week even though I'm very rational and haven't really done anything to anybody here over the course of of my four years here.

Two weeks ago I got done saying I was content with losing seasons and am fine since I've been granted so much success to watch and needing more to satisfy myself would be greedy. However now two weeks later I'm spoiled. Will likely be called that in GDT every week by somebody or even worse, eventually be labeled a troll. So yeah, cutting my losses and avoiding that thread.

LOL. Belichick is the one that has consistently said that excuses are for losers and that his program is not built on excuses but competition.

Please provide when Belichick made said quote. Then learn the difference between FACTS and excuses..

Cam was at 68.1% going into the game. He was 17/25 (68%) during the game. He missed some open receivers and he had 3 passes tipped.
No mention of his picks or the 3 points he managed in the 1st 51 minutes.

No?

Sadly for Cam, the Seattle pass D is only on the schedule once this year.

This team is not nearly as bad as they looked today.....

Today the o-line is worse than last year, with a mixture of rookies and starters playing out of position. This effected the continuity of the line. They only practiced Once in two weeks, so lack of practice really effected the o-line especially, they've never worked together as a unit before.
A number of starters were out
While the pats faced all these obstacles denver got practice and prepare for the game.
We played seattle and kc right down to the wire, so to think that all of a sudden we cant beat a weak team because of lack of talent is wrong.

Nothing I said is untrue.
You used the euphemism "Jack Squat" so that, in your typical cowardly fashion, you could easily retreat from your own statement. I doubt most NFL fans would consider 12-4 and a division title as being "Jack Squat". For most teams, that's a damn decent year. It is only in New England where the standards are so high (thanks to Brady) that a fan can arrogantly proclaim 12-4 and a division title as being "Jack Squat".

If 12-4 is "Jack Squat" then what's 2-3..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes