PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did not watch the last game against the Titans. There is no way to say a guy who led an offense to 10 points, and missed receivers over and over, is elite. It is OK to disagree, but Lawrence looked below average at the end of the season, you are way off.

If you think a QB that leads his team to 10 total points, has poor mechanics (didn't even step into some of his throws), and fails to hit receivers over and over at the end of a season, is an overall #1 pick, it is difficult to appreciate your ability to grade QBs.
Lawrence has poor mechanics? This year he probably displayed the best base and footwork for a 6' 6 QB I can recall. To say a guy can't be elite because of a single game is utter silliness.

If we had the 2004, 2014, 2018 or 2021 coaching staffs we'd be on to Cincinnati.

That is what upsets me.
We've always lost coaches when other coaches left. And we suffered for it at times, from having Dean Pees replace Romeo Crennel, or DeGugliemo replacing Scarnecchia, or even the learning curve for Mayo / Belichick replacing Patricia.

The transition from Weis to McDaniels to O'Brien back to mcDaniels had been smooth--until this year with Patricia.

This is NOT the first time Belichick has had an assistant coach failure. It has happened before.

Lawrence has poor mechanics? This year he probably displayed the best base and footwork for a 6' 6 QB I can recall. To say a guy can't be elite because of a single game is utter silliness.
He's not there yet. He's young. But this is definitely not a single game problem. I watched him in 4 or 5 games and accuracy is a big issue with him

We've always lost coaches when other coaches left. And we suffered for it at times, from having Dean Pees replace Romeo Crennel, or DeGugliemo replacing Scarnecchia, or even the learning curve for Mayo / Belichick replacing Patricia.

The transition from Weis to McDaniels to O'Brien back to mcDaniels had been smooth--until this year with Patricia.

This is NOT the first time Belichick has had an assistant coach failure. It has happened before.
Not at the coordinator level. This is different.

For the OC and ST Coord be failures is a first.

Too many posters are thin skinned and can't take being called out.
I know a mod or two who can be pretty thin skinned as well....

Not at the coordinator level. This is different.

For the OC and ST Coord be failures is a first.
Dean Pees was the DC after Crennel.

He was essentially fired after 2009.

We have no idea why his contract wasn't renewed.

The point is he was not an abject failure like Fat Matt and Archord.

Once RAC left the D functioned and performed just fine.

We're moving backward.I have no confidence in long or short-term success the way things are now.
This season didn't have to happen this way.. it all started when BB decided to ask guys run the offense that had no business doing such.. therefore Mac and others never bought in!! I can't blame them! After week 4 a change should have been made.. BB had no problem in the past releasing players who weren't performing during the season so what a coach is off limits? it was his decision not to replace Patricia with some one competent offensively.

This debacle started back in training camp ! I sense there are going to be some tense conversations between ownership and BB..

I do wish this board were more moderated as it could allow me to shrink my ignore list. There are far too many negative posters on here who just ruin it for a lot of us. I probably don't even see her removing posts because most of the offending posts were likely made by someone on my ignore list. Yes, there are trolls on here. You don't have to be a Matt Patricia.... I mean a rocket scientist... to figure out who they are.

Thanks for taking the time and writing this post. I won't bore everyone on here with explanations of the above but welcome you or anyone to PM me. I respond to every pm post.

Just two quick points: I do ban posters from the GDT and the PGDT...typically only those that are negative and are fans of other teams. The one's that never post a positive remark, you know who they are. I get Pm'd from posters who don't want to be in the GDT anymore because of the constant negativity and I'm trying to avoid having the GDT turn into a clown show.

Second point- you brought up a poster @Patjew . I've never called him a troll or had a bad word about him. Evidently, he thinks I'm not a good moderator, which is fine, but I know the good posters from the posters who troll and all that I'm trying to do is make this place better.

I love it here, I've met some great people and have become friends with them. Just a great place. Too many posters are thin skinned and can't take being called out.

So with that said, let's hope for a great off season!!!!!!!!! I have a feeling 2023 is going to be an amazing year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ash
Ashley, you've never been anything other than nice to me. I think you're a great fan and passionate poster. I disagree with your style of moderation, but that is only my opinion of course.

Edit: And if I came across as disrespectful, I apologize.

Got this email today:

Dear David,

Unfortunately, our season ended sooner than we hoped yesterday afternoon in Buffalo. While we always want to be playing games with playoff implications in Week 18, our expectation was to perform better throughout the season and to advance through the playoffs. We can assure you that no one in our organization is satisfied with the results from this past season.

In the weeks ahead, we will be making critical evaluations of all elements of our football operation as we strive to improve and return to the playoffs next year.

When we welcome you back for the 2023 season, we anticipate presenting you with an improved product on the field, as well as many exciting new features and additions to Gillette Stadium. You have helped create a dominant home-field advantage over the past 20 years and we look forward to creating many more memorable moments in the years ahead.

As always, we are extraordinarily thankful for the support you provide us and the strong foundation our organization has as a result.

With great appreciation,
2019-RKKJKK-600.png

Robert Kraft Jonathan Kraft

Eric Mangini was the DC in 2005 after Crennel and he was terrible.

Ashley, you've never been anything other than nice to me. I think you're a great fan and passionate poster. I disagree with your style of moderation, but that is only my opinion of course.

Edit: And if I came across as disrespectful, I apologize.
Not at all Patjew!!!

I respect your opinion and thoughts!!!!!

If there's anything that I can improve, please PM me and let's discuss.

Ash

My issue with Lawrence is his pre draft interviews. He said football is not everything to him and I can't see how you become an elite QB with such an attitude.

Not at all Patjew!!!

I respect your opinion and thoughts!!!!!

If there's anything that I can improve, please PM me and let's discuss.

Ash
That's what I should have done from the beginning.

Maybe we all need a break :rofl:

He's not there yet. He's young. But this is definitely not a single game problem. I watched him in 4 or 5 games and accuracy is a big issue with him
I don't think he's crazy consistently accurate like Joe Burrow but I don't think it's an issue for him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes