PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I'd argue Herbert is up there as well. But all depends on his dumb analytics HC
He has to get his team the playoffs to be in the conversation.

Will you finally admit Allen is elite? If you won't now, you never will.

He has played like an elite QB the last two games. That doesn’t make him elite until he shows it with consistency. He wouldn’t be the first player who upped his game exponentially in the playoffs only to come down to earth the following season. See playoffs Joe Flacco vs regular season Joe Flacco for an example.

He has played like an elite QB the last two games. That doesn’t make him elite until he shows it with consistency. He wouldn’t be the first player who upped his game exponentially in the playoffs only to come down to earth the following season. See playoffs Joe Flacco vs regular season Joe Flacco for an example.
No other QB has ever had back to back playoff games with 4+ TD's and over 300 yards passing.....ever. He did it against our top 3 defense as well. I don't think you'll ever admit he's elite no matter what he does. The guy is insane and keeps getting better which is crazy.

No other QB has ever had back to back playoff games with 4+ TD's and over 300 yards passing.....ever. He did it against our top 3 defense as well. I don't think you'll ever admit he's elite no matter what he does. The guy is insane and keeps getting better which is crazy.

Did you miss where I said he played like an elite QB in the playoffs? I said it. He wasn’t elite during the season. He is a great QB, but not elite. He played better in the 2020 season than he did in the 2021 regular season. And few people were calling him elite in 2020.

If he plays next year more like he did in the playoffs than he did in the regular season, then he will be considered elite.

Two games are not a career no matter how amazing you play in those two games.

Did you miss where I said he played like an elite QB in the playoffs? I said it. He wasn’t elite during the season. He is a great QB, but not elite. He played better in the 2020 season than he did in the 2021 regular season. And few people were calling him elite in 2020.

If he plays next year more like he did in the playoffs than he did in the regular season, then he will be considered elite.

Two games are not a career no matter how amazing you play in those two games.
LOL He was runner up for MVP in 2020 and he was talked about this year till he hit a bump against the Jets. He had an outside shot right up till week 15. His career playoff stats are 14 TD's 1INT 1700 yards passing, 350 yards rushing and 1TD.

You're 100% in the minority here which is fine.

LOL He was runner up for MVP in 2020 and he was talked about this year till he hit a bump against the Jets. He had an outside shot right up till week 15. His career playoff stats are 14 TD's 1INT 1700 yards passing, 350 yards rushing and 1TD.

You're 100% in the minority here which is fine.

I don't care what anyone else thinks. I saw him throw three INTs against a crappy Falcons defense and fail to get a single TD and threw two INTS against an abysmal Jaguars' defense. I remember about a month and a half ago where most of the people on this board were talking about how he can't play in bad weather, he can be easily forced into making stupid mistakes if you pressure him, and how he hadn't beaten anyone. Majority view on this board was that he was overrated and inconsistent.

I don't change my view based on a few games. He isn't in the elite zone. At least not yet. I put him at the the top of the next tier. If he can become consistent in his player, he will hit the elite status. I still think the only elite QBs in the league are Brady, Rodgers (at least in the regular season), and Mahomes. If you start having 4-6 QBs being elite in a league of 32 starting QBs, then elite doesn't mean anything anymore. Do we put Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Matthew Stafford, or possibly even Dak Prescott? They all had arguably similar or better seasons than Allen in terms of QB play. That is a like a fifth of the league being elite then.

And the bigger point is that we do not know if Allen can carry lesser talent and when he starts to lose pieces around him and Daboll whether he can still carry the offense. That is something we won't know for several years.

Last edited:
I don't care what anyone else thinks. I saw him throw three INTs against a crappy Falcons defense and fail to get a single TD and threw two INTS against an abysmal Jaguars' defense. I remember about a month and a half ago where most of the people on this board were talking about how he can't play in bad weather, he can be easily forced into making stupid mistakes if you pressure him, and how he hadn't beaten anyone. Majority view on this board was that he was overrated and inconsistent.

I don't change my view based on a few games. He isn't in the elite zone. At least not yet. I put him at the the top of the next tier. If he can become consistent in his player, he will hit the elite status. I still think the only elite QBs in the league are Brady, Rodgers (at least in the regular season), and Mahomes. If you start having 4-6 QBs being elite in a league of 32 starting QBs, then elite doesn't mean anything anymore. Do we put Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Matthew Stafford, or possibly even Dak Prescott? They all had arguably similar or better seasons than Allen in terms of QB play. That is a like a fifth of the league being elite then.

And the bigger point is that we do not know if Allen can carry lesser talent and when he starts to lose pieces around him and Daboll whether he can still carry the offense. That is something we won't know for several years.
I wasn't refering to this board necessarily but in general.

Brady, Mahomes and Rodgers have bad games as well. The game Allen had 3 picks, 1 of them bounced out of the hands of his receiver and the other was deflected in the air by a receiver so stat sheet doesn't tell everything. He had over 5000 total yards and 40 total TD's, pretty elite. You know who the only other QB's to have over 5000 total yards and 40 total TD's were? Brady and Herbert. Not even Mahomes did that.

Mahomes and Allen had very similar stats this year actually and the Bills played in quite a few terrible weather games at home this year, more than usual which greatly effect QB play.

Here are the major stats between the two for this past year.

Mahomes 37 TD 13 INT 4839 yards
Allen 36 TD 15 INT 4407 yards

Allen had 761 rushing yards with 6 TD's Mahomes had 381 rushing yards with 2 TD's.

Mahomes had 9 fumbles while losing 2 of them.

Allen had 8 fumbles while losing 2 of them.

They were actually pretty similar the year before as well, the year Allen finished 2nd in MVP voting to Aaron Rodgers.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree on this.

No offense, but this post is ridiculous.

Forget the playoffs. Flacco NEVER had a regular season (let alone two), like Allen just had.

Allen finished 2021:

#2 in Total TD’s
#4 in Total Yards
#4 in 1st Downs

I hope you’re right that he becomes more “consistent”, because if he does, he’ll be #1 across the board lol.

He lost Green Sow...that makes YOU a loser. Get it, moron? See ya next year...if you manage to survive you dumb MF'er

I don't care what anyone else thinks. I saw him throw three INTs against a crappy Falcons defense and fail to get a single TD and threw two INTS against an abysmal Jaguars' defense.

Oh, you’re just lying. Now I understand.

For those who don’t realize, the way I know he is lying is because he said he saw Allen throw 3 INT’s against the Falcons. Or if not lying, then just purposefully misrepresenting what happened. If he actually watched the game, he would have known that 2 of the 3 were tipped passes that weren’t Allen’s fault, and the last INT was Beasley abruptly stopping his route to argue with the ref about being held.

It was one of those games where a QB just has bad luck with tips and miscommunications. There wasn’t a single one that was a bad throw or a defender jumped a route or anything like that.

For those who don’t realize, the way I know he is lying is because he said he saw Allen throw 3 INT’s against the Falcons. Or if not lying, then just purposefully misrepresenting what happened. If he actually watched the game, he would have known that 2 of the 3 were tipped passes that weren’t Allen’s fault, and the last INT was Beasley abruptly stopping his route to argue with the ref about being held.

It was one of those games where a QB just has bad luck with tips and miscommunications. There wasn’t a single one that was a bad throw or a defender jumped a route or anything like that.
welp....stop the tabulation...THIS is the weekly winner of the Blind Homer Braying Like Jackazz award. Some of these fans of other teams that come here are definitely using drugs.

No offense, but this post is ridiculous.

Forget the playoffs. Flacco NEVER had a regular season (let alone two), like Allen just had.

Allen finished 2021:

#2 in Total TD’s
#4 in Total Yards
#4 in 1st Downs

I hope you’re right that he becomes more “consistent”, because if he does, he’ll be #1 across the board lol.

I never compared Flacco to Allen. I used Flacco as an example of a player who always upped his game in the playoffs, but was a different player in the regular season than he was in the playoffs.

I can't remember specifics, but who tipped the ball? The receiver or the defender. If the defender tipped the ball, it is on Allen. If the receiver tipped the ball, it could be either depending on whether it was a catchable ball or not. But this one certainly is on Allen:

I can't remember specifics, but who tipped the ball? The receiver or the defender. If the defender tipped the ball, it is on Allen. If the receiver tipped the ball, it could be either depending on whether it was a catchable ball or not. But this one certainly is on Allen:

Beasley was held on that play which threw off the timing.

stop biatch crying Moron Cow...krist

Beasley was held on that play which threw off the timing.

Sure. Should have been a flag. Doesn’t change the fact that Allen overthrew Beasley by about five yards.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back