PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I don't think it'd cost his team the season really. Even if they lose to the Raiders, they're still likely to make the playoffs - I think they would need to have the Raiders beat them + the Chargers the following week, and also have the Ravens beat the Rams this week + the Steelers next week, plus the Pats win out, to fail to make the playoffs. Certainly it would be better to win this week but they'd need to have a bunch of other games go wrong for it all to fall apart for them.
If they lose the next 2 games they are almost surely out.

They would need to use him regularly and there will be growing pains. I seem to remember frustration with Edelman for a couple seasons and even wanted them to cut him. was it injuries or drops? I cant remember. Then he bloomed into a star. gunner would not be an immediate fix either i dont think.

What signs has Gunner shown?

If they lose the next 2 games they are almost surely out.
Absolutely but it doesn’t seem very likely Wentz misses the finale against the Jaguars.

What signs has Gunner shown?

Agree. Gunner isn't the next guy. Just because Troy and Edelman started as good punt returners, or that Welker was also short, I'm not seeing the signs that Gunner is the next guy.

Meyers is actually closest to what Troy or Deion Branch used to do from 2001-2006. Edelman took several years but eventually replaced what Welker could do.

There is no one on the roster who can really do the option route slot WR job. But thing is, the middle of the field is already really clogged up with Hunter Henry, Meyers, Bourne, Jonnu Smith, all 4 of them use the middle of the field.

They would need to use him regularly and there will be growing pains. I seem to remember frustration with Edelman for a couple seasons and even wanted them to cut him. was it injuries or drops? I cant remember. Then he bloomed into a star. gunner would not be an immediate fix either i dont think.
My summary of Gunner’s career as a WR thus far:

1640805145978.gif

See the thing is, even though Edelman had issues with catching/hands early on, he was already showing some really notable things as a rookie. See the Ravens playoff game where he wills himself to a first down juking 4 guys while the team is trying to make a comeback.

I like Gunner and he is already an all pro PR and made the Pro Bowl I believe at PR. I just haven't seen him with the same plays as a wide receiver. And who knows, never say never, I am all about BB finding these gem UDFA and low-pick guys who turn out to be studs. Who knows.

See the thing is, even though Edelman had issues with catching/hands early on, he was already showing some really notable things as a rookie. See the Ravens playoff game where he wills himself to a first down juking 4 guys while the team is trying to make a comeback.

I like Gunner and he is already an all pro PR and made the Pro Bowl I believe at PR. I just haven't seen him with the same plays as a wide receiver. And who knows, never say never, I am all about BB finding these gem UDFA and low-pick guys who turn out to be studs. Who knows.

I too remember an unbelievable play by Edelman early on like that but couldnt find it on youtube. My hazy memory is it was the game Weker was injured and sat in the box with Kraft. Was that the one?

Agree. Gunner isn't the next guy. Just because Troy and Edelman started as good punt returners, or that Welker was also short, I'm not seeing the signs that Gunner is the next guy.

Meyers is actually closest to what Troy or Deion Branch used to do from 2001-2006. Edelman took several years but eventually replaced what Welker could do.

There is no one on the roster who can really do the option route slot WR job. But thing is, the middle of the field is already really clogged up with Hunter Henry, Meyers, Bourne, Jonnu Smith, all 4 of them use the middle of the field.
Next guy could have very well been Hunter Renfroe, who was sitting there in the late-middle rounds begging to play for the Pats.

It hurts just to think about 2019...

The problem was that Harry was the only WR on the active roster on Sunday that could play the X position. Plus he is in there a lot for blocking.

Sometimes I wonder if Bill drafted him for his blocking ability.

Next guy could have very well been Hunter Renfroe, who was sitting there in the late-middle rounds begging to play for the Pats.

It hurts just to think about 2019...

you think that’s bad. How about trading our 2nd rounder in 2017 for Kony Ealy. Potentially cost us Cooper Kupp or Alvin Kamara.

you think that’s bad. How about trading our 2nd rounder in 2017 for Kony Ealy. Potentially cost us Cooper Kupp or Alvin Kamara.

That one was just a trade-down (8 spots IIRC)… I was originally ok with it, but it was EVERY. OTHER. MOVE. that Billy & Little Nicky did the ENTIRE rest of the weekend that really ****ing pissed me off…

@archstanton543

I am not good at these things try this , apologies if I get this wrong

Wow. That's the first time i've ever seen someone break down, using game film, how Mac's arm not being the strongest is actually being exploited by defenses. Bills weren't even covering the outside routes.

Brady improved his arm strength a bunch though, didn't he? Maybe Mac can too.

Wow. That's the first time i've ever seen someone break down, using game film, how Mac's arm not being the strongest is actually being exploited by defenses. Bills weren't even covering the outside routes.

Brady improved his arm strength a bunch though, didn't he? Maybe Mac can too.
Is this another throw a grenade and then run ?......you could look at the video that way however I see the video as highlighting that currently we do not have a WR that can win outside the numbers hence Mac would not be throwing that type of ball. It does not mean he cant do that. Good try.
Anyway it was noted by the Bills and well exploited they took away the middle of the field.

Is this another throw a grenade and then run ?......you could look at the video that way however I see the video as highlighting that currently we do not have a WR that can win outside the numbers hence Mac would not be throwing that type of ball. It does not mean he cant do that. Good try.
Anyway it was noted by the Bills and well exploited they took away the middle of the field.

I was quoting the video...

"The Bills are not worried about throws out here (circles the sideline area of the field)... With Mac Jones' sometimes deficient arm strength, to be honest with you, if Mac is going to beat the defender way out here then I think the Bills were going to live with that. So be it."

Thats an exact quote from the video. Starts at 3:30.

It makes sense since he hasn't been accurate on deeper passes to the outside. Not sure if that's on him or his receivers though. These are w/o Bills game.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20211230-121722_Firefox.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211230-121722_Firefox.jpg
    688.9 KB · Views: 3
  • SmartSelect_20211230-121821_Firefox.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211230-121821_Firefox.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 3
I was quoting the video...

"The Bills are not worried about throws out here (circles the sideline area of the field)... With Mac Jones' sometimes deficient arm strength, to be honest with you, if Mac is going to beat the defender way out here then I think the Bills were going to live with that. So be it."

Thats an exact quote from the video. Starts at 3:30.

@Scotty seems to have gone silent. He must not have actually listened to what the video was saying.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back