PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

It just took yr for us to fire the whole core and do what the rest of the league is doing ? BB has developed the internal coaching over yrs. Josh has his moments in the game but he is also trying all kinda tricks to move the ball. It doesnt help if harry asiasi byrd drop catches or Cam has no touch in his passing game. Do you think daboll or bienemy would make this playoff roster?
They took their medicine which they havent in 20 yrs. We arent used to it as fans but 31 other teams have gone through this .
I do see your point, but this has not been going on for only the past year (if it were, I would agree with you to take the medicine). The poor drafting and misses on free agency have been going on for at least 3-4 years. The talent level on this team is thread bare. McDaniels did not adapt to hi personnel this year. He does not have Tom Brady back their in the pocket.
Its healthy for an organization to bring in fresh ideas, concepts and new ways of doing things. BB's way lasted 20 years...that is outstanding...but now its time for fresh air to be let in.

The DLine is awful and I do not think a new QB will fix it. Allen had ALL DAY to pass. No pressure at all all night. AWFUL. We need a QB, but need a DLine too.
Yeah, if qb is need 1, then d-line is definitely 1a....

I mean, with injuries and QB play and the way the season was going, it was disappointing but not unexpected. The team needs a makeover, and we got beat by an excellent team. I'm at peace with the season about halfway through when we were 3 games under .500. Never has good vibes from the getgo, tbh. Take the lick, we see areas of weakness and we start preparing for hopefully a better season next year.

That's a fair question...they paid him this year...We are better with him, that's for sure....A question for you, would you let him walk and use the money elsewhere or pay him and if you paid him, would you move him to Center and let Andrews walk or resign Andrews and keep Thuney at Guard?
If Andrews wants to be here, and if Bill wants him here, then I feel that can be arranged.

Thuney is an obviously different beast however...If he walks, then it is Imperative that a similarly-talented player be acquired to fill his spot, because as of right now he ain't in the building.

I would also rather see Shack Mason moved to Center if Andrews walks than Thuney (if he's even re-signed).

Thats how you build a locker room and culture full of losers.

Look at Miami, they were atrocious last year and then went on a 5 game winning streak at the end of the year. They weren't focused on tanking games to improve draft position, they worked on building chemistry and becoming a better team.. and now they're 10-5 in playoff contention
Well we have a 6-9 (hopefully to be 6-10) locker room right now, so...

Miami did their tanking earlier in their season, and armed with the knowledge that Tua would drop slightly because of his hip injury, Fluck Fo & Booby Jr slowed down their Tank for Tua train...But is there really any doubt that they would've continue to tank if Tua was still garnering #1-overall recognition?

He's a free agent and I would go the direction of moving Thuney to Center...with Mason and Owenu at guard...

That's plausible, but Andrews is a true leader- he's the rah rah guy of that line. Thuney is not really that sort of person and BB has shown that he'll exceed his standards when retaining leaders. There's a reason that Andrews is a captain, and Thuney isn't.

On top of that, Andrews is a top-notch signal caller who simply just doesn't make mistakes. That's pretty hard to replace.

Wouldn't be surprised if we actually let Thuney walk or trade him. Guards are easier to replace, IMO.

That's plausible, but Andrews is a true leader- he's the rah rah guy of that line. Thuney is not really that sort of person and BB has shown that he'll exceed his standards when retaining leaders. There's a reason that Andrews is a captain, and Thuney isn't.

On top of that, Andrews is a top-notch signal caller who simply just doesn't make mistakes. That's pretty hard to replace.

Wouldn't be surprised if we actually let Thuney walk or trade him. Guards are easier to replace, IMO.

BB chose to pay Thuney $14M this year instead of saving the money when he had no cap space. Must think very highly of him.

BB chose to pay Thuney $14M this year instead of saving the money when he had no cap space. Must think very highly of him.

The tag was placed on Thuney before Brady left.

Don't think BB would have tied up so much money on retaining a lineman if he knew Brady was leaving. He would have used that money to go after a better QB.

1 more rushing TD and Cam breaks the all time rushing QB record on the Pats. Let's go !!
Seeing Stidham go 4/11 tells me Cam isn't the root problem on offense.

I don't think that was a fair representation, Stidham put more yards up than Cam in only 2 series. He may not be a world beater, but Buffalo was teeing off on him. They were all out pass rush and he had no time. I want to see a full game where defenses need to be kept honest because the score is 0-0 not teeing off because if they get burned for a TD it doesn't matter.

Just the fact that Cam has tied Grogan's record has put me in a very sour mood.

Grogan set that record with less than half the amount of carries and almost double the yards per attempt as Cam, and he did it during one of the Pats best seasons (they were robbed of their first SB win by Ben Dreith) while Cam did it on the way to a 6-9 crap-fest.
That record should have alone kept by Grogan...at this point hope Stidham will play all game...so at very least he can not be surpassed...i hope for it

That record should have alone kept by Grogan...at this point hope Stidham will play all game...so at very least he can not be surpassed...i hope for it

I hope Stidham plays all game just so we can get one good look at him before next season. I'm tired of watching Cam get chased down by D lineman

What's there to say? The Pats struggles are apparent and numerous.
True...but i find a little be weird a 100% silence...anyway you could be right...not so much to say...

If last night showed anything its that THUNEY is far more valuable and a better player than Andrews. That Thuney anchoring the CENTER position going forward would be a massive upgrade. Don't get me wrong. Andrews is a good player, but Thuney is ELITE. And that's what the Pats need at Center going forward while they develop a QB.

Eluemenor is ok to good on the right side of the line. He's a massive liability on the left side. It's why I don't see him being back. I think that some team will pay him to be a starting RT.

Herron has proven to be an adequate to good swing tackle. That says a LOT about him since he's a rookie.

Onwenu's best position is likely LG though he can also play RT.

Harris, Taylor, and Michel are going to have to work on their 3rd down blocking/blitz pickup. White's not going to be back. Someone (Tampa?) is going to pay him.

The Patriots did not get the Cam Newton of 2015. They didn't even get the Newton of 2018. They got a broken down version that made the OL and RBs job harder while also making the WR and TE look worse than they are. In fact, I'd posit that the WR and TE are the ones responsible for Newton's completion % being as high (65.4%) as it is. With all the poor throws that Cam made game in and game out, it's a wonder we had any passing game at all.

I think we're going to see a wholesale revamp of the D-line with the exception of Guy and Cowart. I don't believe that Butler is going to be brought back. I also don't believe that Simon or Wise will be brought back. Bentley didn't play last night, but neither he nor Jennings have played well this year.

Brooks being on the field is a liability.

I know that Diggs beat Jackson on the one crossing route, but Jackson also expected to have help over the top. Help that he didn't get from JMac who had stepped forward instead of falling back.

Not sure who was supposed to be responsible for Lee Smith last ight but he had a career game.

Pats got beat down into submission. The writing's on the wall, it's time for a change. I expect us to draft QB early. Question is who - this will be the biggest draft of BB's career. This is the post-Brady era folks. It was never gonna be pretty.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back