PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bengals beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

We are certainly not doing ourselves any favors, but good god have we been screwed by the refs this year- even when the reviews are clear-as-day in our favor.

Hunter Henry TD ruled incomplete- atrocious, at the very least should have stood as call due to lack of indisputable evidence.

Raiders TD last week- atrocious. May be the worst call I’ve ever seen. Clear as day his foot was out of bounds

Stevenson ruled down at the 6 and a half yard line, when, again, on review it was clear as day ball was at the six for what should have been a first down. Atrocious.

Stevenson fumble not ruled forward progress stopped? Egregious.

The Patriots are a poorly-disciplined and maybe a poor team in general, but, good God, those calls would be a lot for any team to overcome.

Rhamondre Stevenson has been great for us BUT last week he started the "Hail Moron" and today he fumbles with the game winning TD up coming. Unbelievable.
You can pin this loss on him but not last week. That’s all Meyers.

Mac has got a good spunk but I wouldn’t even call it a Chad Pennington arm.
We need to trade up for a franchise QB.
Honestly the scores were not coaching the def td that was a bad throw and all Macy’s Jones. The strip on Chase was all Judon.
The Meyers TD was a fluke.
The Bourne Td was a thing of beauty but we can’t have a QB with such arm limitations.
Time to find our guy.

Patricia's second half was mostly pretty legit. Not sure what happened. Coincidentally, Bourne was featured. Huh.
We got lucky (assisted hail Mary+ pick 6 ) and Bourne balled big time ... Nothing to do with play calling.

The no forward progress call on Stevenson at the end screwed us. Any ball carrier that gets held up and pushed back 5 yards by 4 defenders will probably get stripped.

Still, they came back and in the end played well against a really good team.

Too bad our playoff chances are getting really small, if they exist at all anymore.

Anyway, let's be real, that comeback was the result of flukey plays

Burrow interception after a miscommunication
Chase fumble
Mac's Hail Mary

So it bit us in the end

I am disappointed that Stevenson's miscues seem to only come in critical moments.

In any case, I think this is more evidence that the biggest thing holding this team back is Matt Patricia.

[I find it "amusing" that so many Pats fans have been calling for the OC's head for going on 20 years now, and now that they finally have proof that, yes, it can be worse than Weis/BOB/McDaniels, they want to blame Mac Jones.]

Back to mediocre and below for the Patriots for years to come...

Patricia stopped being Patricia and we almost won. He turns back into his old self just at the critical time and away the win slips.

Pat sucks ass.

He also isn't the one who fumbled the ball inside the 10.

All of a sudden Stevenson has a fumble problem.

Today proved if we're at home, the defense gets a pick 6, the defense forces another turnover in opposition territory and we get a miracle batted heave touchdown and you hold the opposition scoreless in the 2nd half we can narrowly lose instead of being blown out.

I mean this offense is historically putrid, any other team in the league except Houston gets all of that in their favour at home and they win the game going away.

Patricia's second half was mostly pretty legit. Not sure what happened. Coincidentally, Bourne was featured. Huh.

There was an intervention by someone.

Mac has got a good spunk but I wouldn’t even call it a Chad Pennington arm.
We need to trade up for a franchise QB.
Honestly the scores were not coaching the def td that was a bad throw and all Macy’s Jones. The strip on Chase was all Judon.
The Meyers TD was a fluke.
The Bourne Td was a thing of beauty but we can’t have a QB with such arm limitations.
Time to find our guy.
Totally agree . He seems so shot from an arm strength standpoint. And this is in his initial years . As he gets older won't the arm become even more weaker ....

Time to move on from Mac . He just seems to be a poor man's version of Andy Dalton.

Patricia stopped being Patricia and we almost won. He turns back into his old self just at the critical time and away the win slips.
Asswipe let that ball fall, Matt sucks, but the call was good.

He can't even fix Tampa, he's been horrible....we'll be back!!!
3900/20TDs/7picks on a team with no oline or running game and a joke coaching staff.

2300/7TD/8picks.

Only someone who has not watched him play this year would call his play horrible.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back