PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bengals beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Well I’m more completely convinced the offensive problems are on Patricia. Even with the lack of talent, we can move when you change it up

Yup. I hate him.

Even after that, I really have no faith in either Mac or Patricia
Nothing really changed. We still get the vast majority of our touchdowns through defense and fluke plays, and collapse in the red zone. Players lose situational awareness and try to do too much.

I'm way more down on Patricia than Mac, though. I'd give Mac another year (while looking around for alternatives), but Patricia should honestly go to jail at this point. What he's done is no longer a civil infraction.

I don’t expect much from this team, same lousy situational football all year. Glad they didn’t quit on the HC and still showed fight till the end.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Game lost in the first half. Nothing done on offense AND they let Cincy score a TD with under a minute left. Even one solid possession for a FG in the first half and they win this game

Patricia stopped being Patricia and we almost won. He turns back into his old self just at the critical time and away the win slips.
Trying to be a hero instead of playing within himself

It would have been the perfect comeback. Oh well.
Happy holidays everyone.

It's much too late in the season for moral victories. Bengals tried very hard to give it to us and we had some big time luck. We just couldn't close the door on the final opportunity. I feel bad for Stevenson, he's had a great season.

The smiling and laughing from offensive players after the fumble said it all for me.
Yeah that was my thinking. Who was that smiling and joking around?

On to next season

I am annoyed they did not call the hold that Thornton took in that last play. But can not get everything. Seems more and more true that the offensive coaching is far more the issue then Mac

Loved the no quit attitude.
Bourne needs to be featured more.
We a mediocre team in the end though

Patricia stopped being Patricia and we almost won. He turns back into his old self just at the critical time and away the win slips.
Patricia's second half was mostly pretty legit. Not sure what happened. Coincidentally, Bourne was featured. Huh.

I love Bourne but why smile and laugh at this that made me angry
Think about it. They have the best possible comeback of the year and just lose out on another highly improbably dumb offensive play. There is nothing more to do than laugh at the irony. Totally get it. Tbh even I was smiling, a sense of resignation...

Best possible outcome, we saw a spark, some fight, some heart...

and we improved our draft position.

High fives around

Improving the draft position unfortunately isn't going to help New England. BB doesn't like having high draft picks and he'll just end up trading them for a 7th and 8th round pick in 2025

Give this team credit for keep finding new embarrassing ways to lose football games. Don't let them ruin your christmas. They ain't worth it. Have a good one y'all.

Bengals reporter:
Jake Liscow

@JakeLiscow
·
14m

Ball is clearly out. Forward progress wasn't called. That should hold up. Shocked forward progress wasn't called. Bengals need a first down to end the game as NE has 3 timeouts.

Pats were robbed of a contending season by BB’s arrogance to hire patricia as the OC. Not debateable.

BOB
50 million in cap space
top 15 pick

A lot of changes are coming & they should be able to improve alot. Worth shouting out the defense holding the bengals to 22 points & scoring 7 without two of their top cbs out there.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back