PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bears beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You joke, but I actually think there’s a non-zero chance this happens.
Why would Brady come back to this team? They are not a contender, there are tons of holes and will be even more in offseason from free agency

McCourty will probably retire
Jonathan jones will go JC Jackson route
Meyers is free agent, will have to overpay or lose him
Wynn is gone which means we still need to address Oline
Damien Harris gone (we won’t overpay him nor should we)
Agholor gone (no huge loss there)
Matthew Slater could retire
Marcus Cannon
Damien Harris
Mac Wilson
Cajuste
Ferentz
Jabril Peppers

The offensive line is a huge question mark, the only solid, reliable players we have is Andrews who’s getting up there in age and Strange

Brown had what, 5 penalties against the bears? He’s a good tackle but inconsistent and makes lots of mental mistakes

This is not an attractive team to a vet looking for 1 more ring

I don’t know why we’re in this thread talking about anything other than defense. The Bears had the ball for over 37 minutes.
Well, I mean, a QB controversy is a pretty big deal. Plus we know the Pats can't stop mobile QB's. They didn't do anything to address it in the off season so there's not much to talk about there.

Tavai seeing 66 percent of defensive snaps is some cruel joke.
More snaps than Collins, McMillan and Wilson combined. I don't get it. He was always around plays. Standing there looking, once the play ended.

Really? Looks like defenses already figured out Zappe.
Before IND game last season, their D players said what they were going to do to limit Mac. Then BUF did the same thing, announcing their plan. Now CLE does the same thing, bragging how they'll stop Mac.

His rating in those 4 games: 74.2, 31.4, 75.8 & 16.7
His TD/INT in those 4 games: 4/7

Looks like Zappe isn't the only one that's been figured out.

I don’t know why people talking about rebuild. This team was never in rebuild mode. Unfortunately.
Proper rebuild is 3 years overdue. First from the top
Also, rebuilds don't always take that long anymore. Buffalo went from 6-10 and year 1 of Josh Allen to 13-3 and a conference title appearance in year 3

Bengals bad the year before Burrow, then by Burrow's 3rd year they made the Super Bowl

More snaps than Collins, McMillan and Wilson combined. I don't get it. He was always around plays. Standing there looking, once the play ended.
And who could forget Myles Bryant, who played 44 percent of defensive snaps. In some respects that was more egregious than Tavai because they have enough quality corners to use Bryant only sparingly. Yet, for some reason he still plays a sizable role.

Why would Brady come back to this team? They are not a contender, there are tons of holes and will be even more in offseason from free agency

McCourty will probably retire
Jonathan jones will go JC Jackson route
Meyers is free agent, will have to overpay or lose him
Wynn is gone which means we still need to address Oline
Damien Harris gone (we won’t overpay him nor should we)
Agholor gone (no huge loss there)
Matthew Slater could retire
Marcus Cannon
Damien Harris
Mac Wilson
Cajuste
Ferentz
Jabril Peppers

The offensive line is a huge question mark, the only solid, reliable players we have is Andrews who’s getting up there in age and Strange

Brown had what, 5 penalties against the bears? He’s a good tackle but inconsistent and makes lots of mental mistakes

This is not an attractive team to a vet looking for 1 more ring
Onwenu has been far more solid and reliable this year than Andrews…?

But exploiting a 5'11" (what most people thinks Zappe's real height is) pocket passing QB by taking away his passing lanes isn't exactly rocket science.
Now you're just viciously making up lies.

The QB mess and bad defense aside, the run game was crap.

I'm not really as down on Zappe's performance as a lot of folks are. It's just batted passes. Can't he adjust to that? If my memory serves me correctly, he was reading the field well and had guys open whom he was targeting but the balls were batted. One such tip caused one of his INTs, the other INT was in ultra-desperation-time on 4th down and really shouldn't count. And besides that, this was while they were playing from further and further behind and had to go very pass-heavy, and the Bears knew it, so of course there were tons of guys in the passing lanes. Guys were still open and Zappe was still moving well in the pocket and finding guys to target who theoretically would've caught the passes he threw if not for the tips. If he can adjust for that then it may actually be... a good sign? Am I just being crazy?

They need to get Mac a Tyreek Hill type burner who can get separation and fast - these receivers are usable but no defensive coordinator is planning around them...until this team gets Mac some real speed he will never amount to being an elite QB like Burrow,Maholmes or Allen who all have burners at WR

Thornton is a burner and has looked good in his limited playtime. He was the fastest player in this years draft class

I'm not really as down on Zappe's performance as a lot of folks are. It's just batted passes. Can't he adjust to that? If my memory serves me correctly, he was reading the field well and had guys open whom he was targeting but the balls were batted. One such tip caused one of his INTs, the other INT was in ultra-desperation-time on 4th down and really shouldn't count. And besides that, this was while they were playing from further and further behind and had to go very pass-heavy, and the Bears knew it, so of course there were tons of guys in the passing lanes. Guys were still open and Zappe was still moving well in the pocket and finding guys to target who theoretically would've caught the passes he threw if not for the tips. If he can adjust for that then it may actually be... a good sign? Am I just being crazy?
No you are not. I completely agree with your analysis.

But it doesn’t go into the narrative that it’s clear that after 3 games Zappe sucks and will never improved and Mac is the second coming of Montana but needs time to show it.

Patricia really screwed up Jones. A lot of that is on Jones, but I still think if he can get out of his funk, he is the better QB. If not, he is trash.
Wow. You're very emotional this morning. Nobody is saying Mac is trash, but you do you.

Onwenu has been far more solid and reliable this year than Andrews…?
True since moving him to RG he’s been pretty solid

But we have big problems at Tackle and Andrews is no spring chicken

Zappe is one inch shorter than Mahomes. He can sort out the batted passes problem. All the little ways you're allowed to cheat in college go away in the pros. It's just part of "Welcome to the NFL."

BB talking about Jake Bailey's wonderful performance last night like only he can. I'm not sure if the beat reporter expected BB to go into details, but as one might expect, BB did not disappoint and gave the reporter the exact in-depth answer that he was looking for:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back