PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bears beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
8. This teams WR and TE’s are making more and more plays, but it’s showing that we still have a huge lack of key talent there.
They have a ton of talent at TE (WR is a different story). It's just that they never use them in the passing game because their O-line is terrible and they need them to stay back and block.

Don’t overreact to one game. This team is a high quality ILB away from having a serviceable defense. They’re a S/DT away from having a great one. Much easier said than done.

Never quite as good as it seems, never quite as bad as it seems. BB needs to consult bright minds on his to handle these hybrid scrambler QBs. His defenses really have a hard time with them.

Bad news: Patriots lost, badly
Good news: Zappe fever is gone

The Zappe high was a nice one for the first half, but quickly wore off

Gotta admit he had the last laugh and we have egg on our faces.
That only makes sense if he actually discovered deflated balls. A baseless accusation is still a baseless accusation.

How exactly are they going to develop Zappe's height? The Bears have given the blueprint to beat Zappe. Don't rush the guy. Get defenders in the passing lanes and their hands up. The guy is just too short to be an NFL start. The Bears pretty much complete shut Zappe down after those first two drives after they made adjustments to stop him. He had four batted passes on four drives.

We are seeing with Russell Wilson (who is far more talented) now that he is becoming more of a pocket passer than a guy who can extend plays with his feet that short QBs have trouble in the NFL.

I have always said you really cannot judge a young QB until teams start to develop a book on him. That usually takes at least four or five games. Teams are starting to develop the book and the Bears last night wrote chapter one of the book last night.

I am concerned because of Mac Jones' current psyche that the Patriots have no QB now and they will be looking for the franchise QB in the draft next year. I fear Patricia may have undone everything that McDaniels did with Jones and may be on the way to ruin him completely. And I just don't see Zappe as a starting QB.
There's things we can do offensively to mititgate the height issue.

If the bears wrote chapter 1 on how to end Zappe's career as a starter, they might have written the final chapter for Mac.

Jakobi - "Not even as a football player. I mean, it's tough as a man to see somebody who worked so hard kind of get that kind of treatment (Mac being benched)"

Wait, so I thought the "plan" was for Zappe to replace Mac. Why does one of their best receivers feel that Mac was disrespected? Was he not in on the "plan"?
Myers was talking about the crowd reaction. BB, Mac and Zappe as well as pre game reports all corroborated the "plan".

If the bears wrote chapter 1 on how to end Zappe's career as a starter, they might have written the final chapter for Mac.
I felt that kick in the gut for Rob Jones have mercy man my stomach.
It Hurts Sal Vulcano GIF by truTV’s Impractical Jokers

Jones problems last night were on Jones, not the defense. He let the pressure get to him and he was too indecisive with his passing and decided to run rather than throw into tight coverages.

And I don't think Zappe is athletic enough to mitigate the height issue. Usually it is a lot of roll outs and short passes. He isn't Russell Wilson in athleticism. Hell, he isn't even Drew Brees in athleticism.

Myers was talking about the crowd reaction. BB, Mac and Zappe as well as pre game reports all corroborated the "plan".
Nah, we was talking about both the crowd noise and Mac's benching.

Again, if it was part of the "plan", then why did Mac look like someone shot his dog when he was benched? Why did he not come in when it was clear Zappe didn't have it either?

Zap flunked the adversity test.

This was the game vs a good defense and with the Pat's down by 2 scores. Heh as to be more cognizant of batted balls at the LOS.

I felt that kick in the gut for Rob Jones have mercy man my stomach.
It Hurts Sal Vulcano GIF by truTV’s Impractical Jokers

When all you got is lame insults that you repeat over and over again, you are losing the argument. I accept your defeat.

I will tell you this. The Rob Jones thing wasn't funny the first time you used it. It certainly isn't funny the fifth time you use it.

When all you got is lame insults that you repeat over and over again, you are losing the argument. I accept your defeat.

I will tell you this. The Rob Jones thing wasn't funny the first time you used it. It certainly isn't funny the fifth time you use it.
Rob I was kidding sorry if I offend you I really mean that.

At least this will quiet the Zappe crowd.
BB should not have yanked Mac that quick. Now you're at risk of losing the team's trust.
The 2nd half plan was not a plan, just a surrender. Everytime we bring back Collins it's useless, and our D gets worse.
We lost Dugger, Phillips & Andrews. This is bad.
We could easily lose to the Jets next week, then it's rock bottom.

I think Philips came back into the game, but yea.. losing Dugger and Andrews is a killer

Rob I was kidding sorry if I offend you I really mean that.

It's ok. I am not offended. It is just hard to tell tone on this board when people are joking or are just insulting people.

Zap flunked the adversity test.

This was the game vs a good defense and with the Pat's down by 2 scores. Heh as to be more cognizant of batted balls at the LOS.
Guys were open too they were too many of those.

First whether Zappe had experience with play action or not is not as big of a deal as you make it. It isn’t learning how to read defenses or go through your progressions. But they need him to run it because of his limitations.

Second, they ran play action twice for Jones last night. One was out of shotgun and not true play action.

Third, there are real concerns now about Zappe seeing over the line. Notice when the Bears started to flood the passing lanes, most of Zappe’s completed throws were dump offs to Stevenson who was the leading receiver last night. That concerns me is he can’t see his receivers over the line if defensive lines try to clog the passing lanes rather than rush him.

Fourth, the TD pass to Meyers was overthrown and too far outside. Meyers made that play.
1. Disagree that it's not a big deal for a rookie that never ran UC PA at all, to come into the NFL and perform a task unfamiliar to him very well. It shows his ability to learn quickly.

2. PA is PA. 2 times was 33% of his attempts.

3. Lol, come on man, he can see his receivers over the line. Passes were batted because DL raised their arms to block them. BTW, go back and look at Mac's 1st three games, where he also had passes batted down. All QBs have passes batted down. Rham was not the leading receiver, it was Parker.

4. Wrong, Zappe threw the pass towards the pylon, away from the safety. It was a good pass. Meyers looked over his right shoulder and adjusted admirabley to catch it over his left shoulder where it should have been. Zappe averaged 13.2 ypc & 8.4 ypa, both pretty good numbers.

You previously complained about Zappe not being able to throw deep passes. Now that he showed he can successfully do it, you still complain to fit your Zappe-hating agenda. You're not fooling anyone. To you, there's nothing Zappe can do right.

Bill said over and over again Cam is our quarterback. There’s no doubt he isn’t fully behind Mac if he won’t do the same for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back