PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bears beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again a QB that has played 22 games with 8 bad games in his last 9 and the jury is still out but a rookie that played 4 games with one bad half and it’s set in stone that the guy can never get better.

Are you Rob Parker ?

Another Zappe/Brady reference. And I am the one being unreasonable.

He played really well in the second half against the Colts and almost brought the Patriots back. Then the defense gave up a huge TD run. And the first Bills game neither team threw for much of the game because of the conditions. And he played fairly well against the Bills in the playoffs. The defense was just abismal.

And most of the games late in the season last year , the defense forced Jones to huck the ball down the field and get out of his game.
Excuses excuses and more excuses.

Again a QB that has played 22 games with 8 bad games in his last 9 and the jury is still out but a rookie that played 4 games with one bad half and it’s set in stone that the guy can never get better.

Are you Rob Parker ?
I think Rob Jones must be a relative. :rofl:

Another Zappe/Brady reference. And I am the one being unreasonable.
It has nothing to do with Brady.

I was referencing to Rob Parker because he is spitting nonsense like you and your username start with Rob

I think Rob Jones must be a relative. :rofl:

Again, I am not defending Jones. Jones may not be the answer. He just has a higher ceiling than Zappe. At this rate neither guy will be a starting QB come next year.

It has nothing to do with Brady.

I was referencing to Rob Parker because he is spitting nonsense like you and your username start with Rob

Nonsense? Do I need to go back through your posts to see if I can find any references to this being Brady/Bledsoe 2.0?

And I think the jury is still out on Mac and I am not convinced that Zappe will ever be a legitimate starting QB.

I think Patricia needs to do what McDaniels would have done this season and go back to the basics and then mix in the down the field passing. Unfortunately, now we are near the midway point of the season where they have to do it. Patricia really screwed up Jones. A lot of that is on Jones, but I still think if he can get out of his funk, he is the better QB. If not, he is trash.
Fat Matt can never be McDaniels that's BB being cheap with made up Coordinators he doesn't have to pay. That gives the team the best chance to win. :rolleyes:

Jakobi - "Not even as a football player. I mean, it's tough as a man to see somebody who worked so hard kind of get that kind of treatment (Mac being benched)"

Wait, so I thought the "plan" was for Zappe to replace Mac. Why does one of their best receivers feel that Mac was disrespected? Was he not in on the "plan"?

Young QB's need to play for a few years (against NFL competition) before they can be objectively graded
Exactly. We need to give two guys a chance to develop and neither of them is Hoyer.

Plus, we have all that winning in the bank.

Jakobi - "Not even as a football player. I mean, it's tough as a man to see somebody who worked so hard kind of get that kind of treatment (Mac being benched)"

Wait, so I thought the "plan" was for Zappe to replace Mac. Why does one of their best receivers feel that Mac was disrespected? Was he not in on the "plan"?
I think he's just being a good teammate.

If the team loses next week, this could start to get very ugly for Bill. Kraft/media/fans put up with his BS when the team was winning, I highly doubt they will much longer if they keep losing. Defense was atrocious on 3rd down last night. Offensive line is a mess. Why is McCourtey still on this team? He cannot play anymore. Better figure this stuff out, and quickly.

Again, I am not defending Jones. Jones may not be the answer. He just has a higher ceiling than Zappe. At this rate neither guy will be a starting QB come next year.
For next year you thinking a vet currently on another team or another high draft pick?

Okay I’ll just summarize my thoughts:

1. This is not a good team, possibly the worst since Bill’s first year

2. Yes some of our pick ups in the off season panned out better than initially thought. However we still are at a net negative compared to last year. I always felt that way and the team taking a step back isn’t particularly surprising and really shouldn’t be to anyone paying attention.

3. People need to stop over-inflating positives. Green Bay being a moral victory a few weeks ago doesn’t look so good when the Jets and Commanders age actually sealing the deal vs them

4. The last two weeks were about opponent quality.

5. The Bears are not a good team. But our team really can’t cope with being in the backside of a score or any momentum going against them. They either need to control a game from start to finish or they lose. That’s a sign of mental weakness.

6. Bill’s Achilles Heel being a mobile QB who can run and make something out of a busted play is still a thing and Fields (who isn’t good) made him pay for it.

7. The offensive line is a complete mystery box that you never know what they will do on any given play.

8. This teams WR and TE’s are making more and more plays, but it’s showing that we still have a huge lack of key talent there.

9. Today more than ever I am concerned about Mac. Yes Zappe didn’t do anything in the second half. But I really don’t know how a starting QB bounces back from his big heroic return turning into the fans crapping all over him and then exploding for his replacement. Like it feels like the big first round pick was rejected by the fans and the team went along with it and the relationship is dinged. Frankly, we might have to start thinking about drafting a QB next draft if we are in a good position to.

All in all, this was a highly disappointing outing but not one that wasn’t somewhat predictable. I think this will be the one that kinda gets people to see where we realistically are as a team and that we probably should be thinking a bit more about the off season than we should about a potential playoff race. We were rebuilding in 2020, 2021 was an up year, this year was down year. It’s not going to be linear in the early stages and probably not at all until QB is a settled position.

It is too early to give up on Jones. I think we will see how the season goes before the Pats have to worry about that.
Yes.
Plenty of time left in the season. Mac has played poorly this season, but a win vs Jets can get his confidence back hopefully.

BB might have lost this Team that's not good no matter how someone spins it.

One of the major factors is that I don't think Patricia or Judge are doing either QB any favors.

The playcalling was horrendous with Mac out there and miserably lacking in creativity once they fell behind with Zappe.

Neither QB looks like they have been coached at all.

Both are very young and still very inexperienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back