PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Day Thread- Pats beat the Raiders!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win today. Love the way the offensive line dominated after the first quarter.

if we had anything resembling wide receivers or tight ends, we could dangerous.

Yes, that really turned out to be a good move. Thuney played well at center and I didn't see anything from Onwenu that would suggest otherwise. I mentioned to @Ross12 in the game day thread that we wanted to put our best 5 lineman out there. I think it worked out well.

My game ball goes to Bill for moving Thuney to C and putting Onwenu at LG instead of playing Ferentz.

Doug Kyed
@DougKyed

30m

Times Patriots defenders covered Raiders TE Waller, who caught 2 passes on 4 targets for 9 yards: Williams: 8 Zone: 7 Dugger: 6 JMac: 5 Jones: 3 Phillips: 2 Gilmore: 1 Jackson: 1 Devin McCourty also had two key PBUs on targets to Waller.

Damn! Anybody know anything about this Zone guy? ;)

Very nice games by Michel, Burkhead, and JJ Williams today. Williams, in particular, completely shut Waller’s ass down when he had him in man. Michel ran like a grown ass man for the first time in a very long time, and it took getting threatened by an undrafted rookie to do it. I do worry about what happens when a defense bottles up the RBs and forces Cam and the WRs to beat them in the pocket. I still wouldn’t rule out a move for another wideout. Either that or Keene/Asiasi need to emerge as viable options in the passing game. But I’ll take the dub.

na he owes us an explanation, he bragged all week let hit man up.
Don’t worry, I’m going to grab him by his ear and walk him back to the dreaded Pats forum

Gimme a few & I’ll be right back!:cool:

My feelings about this year's edition haven't changed all that much. Love their willingness to punch someone in the face, and they are a tier 2 AFC team, with KC and Baltimore currently Tier 1. 2 would be New England, Buffalo, Tennessee, and Pittsburgh at this point.

The Pats D is really good. I know all about last week, but Wilson played out of his mind and the other guys get paid, too. I LIKE everyone on their current DL, but don't love anyone - again, YET.

The O is good on the ground, particularly with Cam's added dimension, and good in the short-middle passing game. A true all-route, great speed receiver would go a long way.

Oh, also, Harry blocked superbly today and made the biggest catch of the game. And no, Michel doesn't suck. Maybe the boo-birds will finally just shut up on those two.

Biggest surprise is Onwenu. 6th round rookie pick. Wow. Only downside if he keeps playing well is they might let Thuney go, and Thuney is really special. Kudos to whomever is coaching that OL right now, taking over from the great one.

Very nice games by Michel, Burkhead, and JJ Williams today. Williams, in particular, completely shut Waller’s ass down when he had him in man. Michel ran like a grown ass man for the first time in a very long time, and it took getting threatened by an undrafted rookie to do it. I do worry about what happens when a defense bottles up the RBs and forces Cam and the WRs to beat them in the pocket. I still wouldn’t rule out a move for another wideout. Either that or Keene/Asiasi need to emerge as viable options in the passing game. But I’ll take the dub.

It's gotta be an OBJ type, I think, to make it worth the expense. They have a couple of big contracts to make work next year with Cam and Thuney.

Coach Bill seemed upbeat for Coach Bill in his presser...he likes this team and he enjoys having Brady out of the locker room...there, I said it.
Meh. You’ve said dumber things.

I called JJWilliams on Waller ....my guess is that @Raider9175 is not going to come back to be laughed at regarding his predictions

Yes, that really turned out to be a good move. Thuney played well at center and I didn't see anything from Onwenu that would suggest otherwise. I mentioned to @Ross12 in the game day thread that we wanted to put our best 5 lineman out there. I think it worked out well.
Romo specifically mentioned liking what he was seeing from Onwenu at one point.

Wish I could see a replay of Newton's interception. It looked like he had Asiasi open for a potential big gain. I'd like to see what the rookie can do. If he hits that pass (or is accurate on the pass to Harry in the endzone), the score could have been even more lopsided.

Wish I could see a replay of Newton's interception. It looked like he had Asiasi open for a potential big gain. I'd like to see what the rookie can do. If he hits that pass (or is accurate on the pass to Harry in the endzone), the score could have been even more lopsided.
I’ll have to watch that play again, but if he’s on-target on that pass to Harry, it’s a red zone INT. Or at least that’s what it looked like on the game day feed.

I’ll have to watch that play again, but if he’s on-target on that pass to Harry, it’s a red zone INT. Or at least that’s what it looked like on the game day feed.

Admittedly, my stream is pretty low res, so I may have missed that. Good note.

The secret to success is in the organization of the non obvious.

Little things like taking a couple center snaps regularly can have big payoffs down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes