PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Day Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Not mad, "bro," you just have no clue what you're looking at. BTW, New England WON today, thanks largely to a Jones clutch scoring pass on fourth down. But wow, that must "suck."
He suck’s man it happens. Just cause you won’t accept reality don’t mean he’s good.

year ago you thought he was in the hunt for rookie of the year with jamar chase

Chase in CIN is playing really good, it’s between him and Mac up to this point.

RKG8

Not to bring some optimism to this thread, but I thought that drive in the third period where thePats picked up the pace was a thing of beauty. More of that, please.
I harbor a suspicion that came about because there was time for Bill rather than Matt to scheme up the second-half openers.

We have enough info to say with certainty that the combination of Mac and MP/JJ DOES NOT = a viable NFL offense.

WHO is to blame for that…I suppose will get flushed out after the season.

But a the moment it appears we do not have a franchise QB and need to keep trying. Wouldn’t be the first team to take multiple swings

I think that's too precipitous a view. I myself think Zappe has by ANY reasonable measure outplayed Mac this year, and I would have started Zappe today. But they do have an investment in Mac, and I think they need a little more evidence (not much, tbh) before responsibly discarding him as a bust.
Either way, unless Mac's play picks up precipitously, they can't go into the season next year with both of them on the roster. Either Zappe is good enough to start and Mac will get in the way of his progression or Zappe is also a backup and we are wasting a roster spot on a QB3.

Stevenson can be a top 10 back if there was any threat of a QB doing something
He’s the first complete back we’ve had since Dillon. Maybe Maroney if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt before his injuries. If Stevenson avoids the injury bug, I think he’ll be the first lead back we sign to a 2nd contract. Being able to run hard like a ram for tough yards and have the vision to make smart cuts, plus being able to both catch the ball and perform well in pass protection, he can be the chess piece at the position we’ve been waiting for.

Not mad, "bro," you just have no clue what you're looking at. BTW, New England WON today, thanks largely to a Jones clutch scoring pass on fourth down. But wow, that must "suck."

Cmon even if you like Mac unless he somehow takes an unprecedented step forward he’s a backup in this league. He doesn’t do anything good enough and consistently enough to even be a long term starting QB in this league.

Maybe it’s mostly the new offensive coordinators and the Pats trying to reinvent the wheel but he’s about as pedestrian, dull and ordinary as any of the backup QBs on any other teams roster

RKG8
As did I and a lot of other people. It's OK to admit you were wrong, it's clearly taking some people a lot longer to get there.

RKG8
Okay last year he was good. This is a different year, he’s badly regressed. You think Bill cares what he did last year? No, this year he’s been bad, I’m pulling for him though I want him to succeed.

Either way, unless Mac's play picks up precipitously, they can't go into the season next year with both of them on the roster. Either Zappe is good enough to start and Mac will get in the way of his progression or Zappe is also a backup and we are wasting a roster spot on a QB3.
Could well be. I hope they grab a BUNCH of big, fat, strong guys next draft/offseason, and you've got to have room for 'em until you can cull that big fat herd.

Then that is on Patricia because his completion percentage went up 10% points when he did play action and had a near perfect passer rating. He literally completed over 77% of his passes last year in play action.
This isn't last year. Mac has been atrocious with his field vision, mechanics and pocket awareness. This year's Mac jones is going to get killed turning his back to the defense. And that my point PA is so valuable and we can't use it with Mac under center for some reason

MJ just beat a 5-2 team that has the best defense in the league, and he did it on the road, despite multiple key injuries on both side of the ball, including his own.
Mac Jones had 1 INT 1 TD and a pick SIX that was called back on a questionable roughing the passer penalty. That was a pretty awful performance. Out of 6 red zone chances he came up with 1 TD.

Nick Folk accounted for 16 points of the Patriots offense! He was our MVP today.

It's really a ****ty performance that emphasizes that for whatever reason Mac Jones + Matt Patricia = sputtering offense.

Our QB WOES will continue until one of those factors changes.

Defense was absolutely on point today. Offense should have scored more but they didn't need to thanks to outstanding defense which turned Zach Wilson back into a Pumpkin!

1667161722373.png
Zach Wilson's 'threat level' to Patriots defense today.

Proof that BB purposely takes his foot off the gas when he feels they can squeak out a win playing status quo - they went hurry up in the 3rd when they NEEDED a score. It worked pretty well, they were moving the ball. Then, anytime they were in FG range, they'd essentially surrender and run up the middle for a FG attempt. But they never ran that again the rest of the game. It's like they didn't want to run too many good plays, just bide time and count on Jets errors. It barely worked, but I don't get the mentality. Sure, you're 'saving' plays and film scouting for future Defenses, but you're also preventing your offense from working on it.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back