PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Day Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Mac plays something like less than 18% of his snaps under center and is using play action on less than 10% of his snaps. Why is Mac unable to run the play action? He's not creating any additional room on passing plays by ducking the LB's up.

And before anyone says it's the coaches, Zappe ran about 48% of his plays under center with over 30% being play action. It's one of the single best ways to create space in the passing, especially with a RB corps like we have.

This Alabama style offense is not working well. At over twice as many interceptions to TD's, Mac is just doing everything in his power to throw the game away.

Why is it that Mac is unable to take snaps under center? Maybe they are just not calling them. He did the play action very well last year. I don’t think it is on him.

I tried to watch the postgame show, but I just couldn't do it. They're still falling all over themselves in a desperate effort at unseeing Mac's limitations. Curran is the worst, of course. I thought it was we mere fans who are supposed to be the giddy fangirls, not the tough-minded "experts." Not in this case

They need to stop with the soft zone BS. That gave the Jets life today. It was soft zone that allowed the 54 yard pass. It's what allowed the TD at the end of the game.

Needed a win to keep any hopes alive of being a wc team.

Can they string 2 wins in a row?

Mac Jones continues to suck.

Your posts continue to suck. Here, this might help:

5199MJeSs-L._SX402_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Your agenda is obvious
That I want the Patriots to win? Mac doesn't help us achieve that goal. I was the biggest Mac supporter but a lot of what we wrote off last year as him being a rookie QB is clearly sticking. He's a poor decision maker, has virtually no pocket awareness, and throws ducks. Trade him in the offseason for what we can get and get a JAG.

Mac needs to go.

You're gonna get looked at as a moron by the mac homers but valid opinion to have. Even if you end up being wrong. He hasn't been good in a long time.

Always fun beating the Jets.

But this team still needs a QB of the future, all the rest of the pieces can fall into place

Mac is a full backup who’s not even capable of being a game manager yet

I tried to watch the postgame show, but I just couldn't do it. They're still falling all over themselves in a desperate effort at unseeing Mac's limitations. Curran is the worst, of course. I thought it was we mere fans who are supposed to be the giddy fangirls, not the tough-minded "experts." Not in this case

I can't locate Patriots 5th Quarter on my TV. Maybe a blessing ...

Mac plays something like less than 18% of his snaps under center and is using play action on less than 10% of his snaps. Why is Mac unable to run the play action? He's not creating any additional room on passing plays by ducking the LB's up.

And before anyone says it's the coaches, Zappe ran about 48% of his plays under center with over 30% being play action. It's one of the single best ways to create space in the passing, especially with a RB corps like we have.

This Alabama style offense is not working well. At over twice as many interceptions to TD's, Mac is just doing everything in his power to throw the game away.
Did you see what happened when they called play action? Maybe Zappes just better at it.

Mac Jones is every bit of problem. He throws dumb ints one after another. He’s lucky that pick six didn’t count.
OK... so maybe we'll go back to the draft and get lucky, where the vast majority of teams haven't.

When I said look at the other QBs, I meant it.

Wilson, 3 INTs. Lawrence, 2 INTs.

Why is it that Mac is unable to take snaps under center? Maybe they are just not calling them. He did the play action very well last year. I don’t think it is on him.
They called it all the time with Zappe. Why wouldn't they with Mac? My guess is his pocket awareness and blitz recognition is terrible. They are trying to give him as good a view of the field as they can. He's just not processing that well.

If he's under shotgun he sees the defense the entire time. Under center he has to take a mental snapshot, then turn around and immediately reconfirm what he thought he saw. I dont think he's doing that well and the coaches know that. The problem is, he's not throwing well enough or playing well enough to overcome the huge benefit you get from PA

Our problem is Patricia.

But those of you wanting to dump Mac (for who?) should look around the league and realize that there is a lot of bad QBing. Just look at the last 2 QB classes (and the QB classes before that aren't any good either).

The chances of landing a stud like Mahomes are minimal. Should be obvious when you see the amount of picks expended on Trubisky, Mayfield, Mariota, Darnold, Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields and Mac. That's a huge number of picks for mediocre QBing.

Or, you wait to see these guys develop.

Because even players like Herbert are struggling.

Instead, you see vets like Dalton and Cousins playing well.

That should tell you how much seasoning you need from QBs.
Heck look at what Geno Smith is doing over there. I wonder if taking the rookie year off helped Mahomes (like TB12).

I do not see the Pat's standing toe to toe with with any of the elite teams this year. No way we beat KC or Bills. That said, Why not be happy about Humiliating The 5-2 Jets in their house. We couldn't win the championship every year even when we had Brady. We just beat the division leader in their own house. If that's all we do this year, it will suck but at least enjoy it for now for fuc sake.

Did you see what happened when they called play action? Maybe Zappes just better at it.
That's my point, Mac isn't a good enough QB to overcome the huge benefit you get from PA. Throw zappe back in there, they actually get more of their offensensive playbook available to them with zappe

What's weird is that I remember an announcer from an earlier game said that Zappe had to really practice playing under center in camp and preseason because he rarely did it in college, but I wonder if I'm misremembering that.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back