PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Dolphins Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this person be banned please? Clearly brings nothing to the table.

Agreed. If ever someone needs to be banned it's that guy. He's either a drunk, a kid, or mentally impaired.

We were hoping there was a way we would luckily end up as the #2 team in the afc. Now we would end up #4....we don't even know how to win away so at best we win one playoff game...the pats are breaking down. We stink in the second half of games and we are stinking in the second half of the season.

Last edited:
I agree where do people get off saying these things? Were not winning because we dont have a multidimentional offense and a inconsistent defense, but hey things get better with age right? Our defensive players need to time to learn how to play in a patriots system and our offense is having trouble finding its voice right now (it will come).
I mean Im no freaking football wizard, but I do know getting rid of Bruschi, Vrabel and Assante was going to give us trouble.

I'm not sure if you knew this, but BB is responsible for personnel changes. If we have a terrible O-line and no 3rd receiving options, it's kind of BB fault. If we have no pass rush and we traded our best Dlineman, it's BB gamble. If we are lacking talent, it's BB fault for not getting talent. If we have the talent but aren't playing to our potential, BB is still in large part responsible for not getting the most of his players.

I personally think no one person is responsible, it's the entire team. We have soooooo many problems. Brady playing like ****, the O-line playing like ****, Pass-rushers who can't do the one thing they are paid to do, corners getting continually beat, bad play calling, no adjustments, etc etc. It takes a full team effort (or should it be lack of effort) to put together terrible 2nd halfs game and game and lose games you led for 3+ quarters.

That is exactly what he was saying.......you just finished it.

He was saying Brady wasn't part of the team.

It was wrong.

The NFL has players promote the game each year.

In case you didn't notice, the NFL is a business.

Anyone reading anything into Brady's suit is really reaching.

It's not only that. They could cut Sanders tomorrow with no impact.

Unless McGowan, who has been injury prone in his career, goes done.. Then you are having to throw Chung out there.. And he's not shown he can handle being anything more than a Dime back.

So, I have to disagree with you. Also, Sanders is a key player on special teams.

I have no issue with going for it on 4th and 1 when you're up by 7 at the time against a division rival. However, the play called (FB Dive) was horrible. But then, so was the run blocking by the O-line on that play.

Oddly, the Phins called the same exact play on 4th down, and it worked.

Not saying you're wrong though.

The 3rd and 6 draw to Faulk was just idiotic. You have Tom Brady on your team.

That was more than idiotic, that was weird. Maybe this loss was purposeful? Maybe Belichick has a three year plan? And yes, of course, I'm kidding.

Unless McGowan, who has been injury prone in his career, goes done.. Then you are having to throw Chung out there.. And he's not shown he can handle being anything more than a Dime back.

So, I have to disagree with you. Also, Sanders is a key player on special teams.

Meant salary cap-wise.

The person complaining about Sanders is blaming BB for extending Sanders, as though that's in any way relevant. Maybe the guy is a baseball fan and doesn't understand that contracts aren't guaranteed in the NFL. Same with Alexander.

Pats should have kicked it on 4th down for sure, also I would like to see them run more down inside the 10, they love to throw the ball so much i think it hurts them. maybe they should do a pa pass if they are going to throw it

Wow. Where's the faith?

I understand people being frustrated but this is too much.

Has everyone already forgotten the '08 Arizona Cardinals?!?

I'm staying positive that we make the playoffs and hope that we peak at the end of the season.

The season is NOT over! Everyone ruled out the Cardinals but they proved everybody wrong, peaked at the end of the season and were seconds away from winning the Superbowl.

This team is not done...

You know what I am seeing? I am seeing just how important that Josh McDaniels was to this team as the QB coach and then the OC to Brady. I know that a certain horse named poster will rant otherwise, but its clear that McDaniels grounded Brady and could keep Brady fired up and focused. The current QB coach seems to be having a hard time getting that done.

You know what I am seeing? I am seeing just how important that Josh McDaniels was to this team as the QB coach and then the OC to Brady. I know that a certain horse named poster will rant otherwise, but its clear that McDaniels grounded Brady and could keep Brady fired up and focused. The current QB coach seems to be having a hard time getting that done.

Isn't O'Brien the QB/Interim OC this season. If that's the case, he's struggling at both jobs.

I think the pats miss his playcalling..
O'Brien is no McDaniels..

That's a great idea! Let's all pitch in a few bucks towards getting real coordinators, since the Pats decided that you don't really need them to win.

Charlie and Romeo are avail :)

Same thing, says that shi& with the same stupid look on his face.

Well that's true even when they win.

This team clearly has issues and they seem to have started with that awful loss to Indy.

Brady looked and sounded suicidal in his post game pc. But he intimated that he was not 100%. I know the report was an arm was hurt when he went to the locker room, but when he raised his shirt at some point in the 3rd or 4th, the pad was down around his left lower ribs. He discounted the injury as a factor, but anyone who's ever bruised a rib knows it is very painful just breathing.

Playing at home next week will cure some things. But I don't think it will cure the pass rush problems.

Last edited:
Ok, for all those saying the team sucks, realize it is a good team whose play sucks. The problem is the underpreformance of the team, overall.

Playcalling is akin to the scene in the Waterboy where Henry Winkler is being laughed at for coaching out of the "Idiot's guide to Coaching". Offensive timing is off and the line is not doing it's job. TB seems to be more easily frustrated by little setbacks leading to him forcing the ball and throwing picks. Defense is non-threatening and blowing too many coverages. Almost everyone is playing flat-footed. The 4th quarter doesn't seem to exist for some reason. This isn't the strongest team put together, but it's not as bad as it is playing right now.

BB has a big job ahead. This is a manageable problem, so he needs to manage it, now. Remind the team it is paid to play 60 minutes. That would be a great start.
Anyway, hard to watch the game today. Completely uninspired football. BUT, been a fan too long to let a setback in a winning season get me too down.

Could it be a confidence thing? Ever since choking that Colts game, this team has played very poorly. Even in the Jets game...the only reason we won that was because of Sancehz's 4 gift INT's.

Maybe not making the playoffs again would be a good thing for the team. Perhaps that will show BB that major changes need to be made. We NEED a pass rush, and if we aren't going to have one we NEED a shutdown CB. But then again, even if we had a shutdown CB he would play 10 yards off the WR for the quick completion.

I'm just frustrated. My eyes are telling me something and either BB doesn't see it or he is thinking it will fix itself. I KNOW he's not dumb enough to not see it, so...

Wow. Where's the faith?

I understand people being frustrated but this is too much.

Has everyone already forgotten the '08 Arizona Cardinals?!?

I'm staying positive that we make the playoffs and hope that we peak at the end of the season.

The season is NOT over! Everyone ruled out the Cardinals but they proved everybody wrong, peaked at the end of the season and were seconds away from winning the Superbowl.

This team is not done...

Obviously. But at some point we are going to have to see some thing change in the second half offense.

I'm not even worried about the defense. If Brady went on one scoring drive or got two first downs today this game was over.

He was saying Brady wasn't part of the team.

It was wrong.

The NFL has players promote the game each year.

In case you didn't notice, the NFL is a business.

Anyone reading anything into Brady's suit is really reaching.

My point was that I haven't seen the type of passion, leadership, and calmness out of Brady this year. I know we don't have a clue what goes on in the locker-room, but I haven't once seen Brady trying to rile up the team on the sidelines this year. He always looks pissed and in trouble in crunch time. What happened to the "Cool Tom"? The overwhelming majority of "passion" I've seen him display is his rage after another failed 4th down attempt.

Maybe I'm totally off-base, but I really do fear that the '07 season he had combined with his supermodel girlfriend and high-class life-style has changed him for the worse.

Last edited:
I just started a thread and it disappeared. Trading Seymour has to go down as the biggest error of BB's career here.

Why? What has Seymour done that would have changed things for this team? Lining him up at DE in the 4-3, its unlikely he'd have been as effective as a 3-4 DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes