PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official (not rumors) 2013 NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edelman visiting the Giants

Off topic, but I didn't feel it deserved its own thread.

Buffalo's Stevie Johnson on twitter:

STVN ‏
@StevieJohnson13

War is nothing to be played with. I apologize North Korea........but if y'all do bomb 1st... Bomb Foxboro, Mass.
Sincerely,#BillsMafia

Obviously it is a comment made in jest, but I'm guessing there may be a bit of backlash.

Edelman interview with Giants went well. Pondering his options.
Per NY Daily News.

Cross another name off the list of free agent wide receivers:

“@AdamSchefter:

Jaguars reached agreement on a two-year deal with former Browns WR Mohamed Massaquoi.”​

Now I remember why I find the offseason so boring.

The purge in Oakland continues.

Ian Rapoport ‏
@RapSheet

Source: Rolando McClain has been informed he'll be released today by the #Raiders.​

Rolando McClain is a talented player but a complete idiot. I don't know how anyone ever thought of him as a potential leader. He'd be great on a team where leadership is already in place. Unfortunately there is no room for him here. I could see the Chiefs or Broncos as possible fits.

McClain is a two down ILB. Unfortunately, the Pats are stacked with run stuffing LBs. They need a LB who can cover and that ain't McClain.

A McClain signing would probably tell us all we need to know about whether or not Spikes will be returning next season.

McClain is a two down ILB. Unfortunately, the Pats are stacked with run stuffing LBs. They need a LB who can cover and that ain't McClain.

Is he worse than Spikes in coverage?

Bears sign ex-Jet OG Matt Slausen to a 1-year $815K deal.

WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Free Agent Grades

I would sleep better if Bill would sign a vet C/G not too old with starting experience.
Kevin Boothe would've been perfect, and he re-signed with the Jints for 1 year and only < $1M.
Brandon Moore's still available. Others who fit the criteria include:
Jake Scott
Tyrone Green
Doug Legursky
Antoine Caldwell
Mike Pollack
Eben Britten (T/G)

49ers are working on an offer for restricted free-agent Victor Cruz - New Jersey Post

45Apebc.jpg

wow...49ers get him...wow. I would HATE to be in the NFC...Glad we don't play them

wow...49ers get him...wow. I would HATE to be in the NFC...Glad we don't play them

Still would probably have to play them in the super bowl if pats make it there. Not good news for anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes