PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Official NFL Training camp transactions and injuries thread ******

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Given the fluidity of the NFL at this time of year, and the impact that injuries can have on team competitiveness, and given that such things can impact the Patriots both directly and indirectly, I thought a thread like this made sense. If the mods disagree, they should feel free to merge/move this.

The Saints should be livid and likely are that star receiver Michael Thomas waited so long to have ankle surgery. Now, they are bracing to be without Thomas for about half the season.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports Thomas is expected to start the season on the physically unable to perform list, which will keep him out at least six weeks, and return by Week 7 against the Seahawks.

The surgery, which Thomas underwent in June, calls for a four-month recovery...

Report: Michael Thomas is expected to start season on PUP, return Week 7 - ProFootballTalk

I personally like the idea of a Patriots-only training camp thread and a separate Rest of the NFL training camp thread. Keeps the Pats one focused (well... in theory) but still leaves a place for general camp discussions. This is a great time of year for football fans. We should have a place to talk other teams while there's a lot to talk about.

This is big for us in week 3. As we know quite well, transitioning in the first year after losing the face of your franchise can be tricky. They're still a strong roster, but while they're figuring out how the QB situation is going to go they're vulnerable (to be fair, so are we with all the new faces). Not having Thomas makes this a very winnable game at home.

The bolded part is what inspired me to start the thread. I hope the mods take this first example into account.

This will be the first year of the Saints decline. They’ll hang around games, but the QB will hold them back.

This is big for us in week 3. As we know quite well, transitioning in the first year after losing the face of your franchise can be tricky. They're still a strong roster, but while they're figuring out how the QB situation is going to go they're vulnerable (to be fair, so are we with all the new faces). Not having Thomas makes this a very winnable game at home.

This will be the first year of the Saints decline. They’ll hang around games, but the QB will hold them back.

We should indeed win this game...If we don't, it's gonna be a long season.

This is not a transaction, but it might be of interest to the Garoppolites.

Kyle Shanahan says Jimmy Garoppolo is best QB in the building at the moment. "There's no open competition right now," he said.

Shanahan said he thought Jimmy Garoppolo had a particularly good OTA session. He called him “sharp and aggressive — it was good to see.” As expected, Garoppolo heads into training cam as the clear No. 1 QB. Trey Lance is No. 2.

source tells me Randall Cobb back to the #Packers is a done deal. announcement coming soon.

This offseason featured plenty of discussion about tight end Zach Ertz leaving the Eagles and Ertz seemed to welcome such a move, but the team never traded or released him from the roster.

Whatever Ertz’s desire, the reality is that he’d face fines of $50,000 a day if he didn’t report to training camp on Tuesday along with the rest of the team. A report last week indicated that Ertz would show up and avoid those fines and reporters at the Eagles facility confirm that he has joined the team for the start of camp.

Zach Ertz reports to Eagles camp - ProFootballTalk

As the Giants were warming up at the start of practice, Benjamin was off to the side speaking with Judge for an extended period of time. General manager Dave Gettleman joined the conversation at one point, and things started getting animated. At the end of it — after talking for 10 minutes, or more — Benjamin ripped off his helmet and walked off the field, Gettleman trailing him.

Now, it seems Benjamin’s tenure with the Giants is already over, as they intend to release him at some point on Wednesday.

5 Giants training camp observations: Kelvin Benjamin blow-up, Daniel Jones struggles, more on Day 1

Dak Prescott statement: “I felt some soreness when making certain throws today, and I really just decided not to push things too far. Better to be cautious and smart about it. I don’t see this as any kind of serious setback. We’ll treat it on a daily basis, and I’ll be fine.”

Dak Prescott underwent an MRI examination. The results of that test showed that Prescott has a muscle strain in his right shoulder. He will be treated and further evaluated on a day-to-day basis.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back