PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Official NFL regular season transactions and injuries thread ******

Still don't understand how Tampa wasn't punished for not reporting Brady's knee injury.

With that, I don't believe a word out of Arians mouth on the severity of an injury to a player.

Someone was getting cut or traded. The number of backs would have been the same.

No disagreement there. I would have preferred to lean on a veteran who has familiarity with the offense, decent pass protection, and a low fumble rate. Instead, we're riding with the rookie and second-year players -- which probably gives us more upside -- but does leave some lingering unease. It's likely unfounded, and I'll get over it after a few weeks of stellar play.

There's the precedent for what some people proposed with Gilmore and others pointed out technically isn't allowed. Boyle passed his physical to come off PUP 10 days ago, so he shouldn't be eligible for injured reserve to continue recovering from his knee injury. He would've had to pass his physical and then aggravate his injury in the past 10 days for this to make any sense.

The pats will play the saints without Michael Thomas, Tre'Quan Smith & David Onyemata.

They'll play the Cowboys without La'el Collins & maybe Michael Gallup.

They're paying him not to play...That's a lousy way to run any organization.
What do they even want from this situation at this point? It legitimately seems like they're just sacrificing potential team success for the sole purpose of keeping Watson from playing football anywhere. It's not like that even stops him from doing more of what he was accused of; if anything, it gives him more time to do it.

Do they think he's actually going to play for them again? Do they even want that?

I mean if they think they can really get three 1st rounders + for him, then you can't blame them for protecting their investment. I think that's a pipe dream but who knows. Crazier things have happened.

I mean if they think they can really get three 1st rounders + for him, then you can't blame them for protecting their investment. I think that's a pipe dream but who knows. Crazier things have happened.
If it weren't for the massage thing, the Texans would almost certainly have already gotten that sort of haul for the guy.

I'm not sure they have any other option, at this time.

I might consider playing him until the league tells me not to play him... And if Watson refuses to play then I would suspend him without pay...

Noticing your reaction to my earlier response, let me add this:

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the league hasn’t made a decision about Watson because it doesn’t have to make a decision about Watson. With the Texans content to pay him to not play and with Watson content to not play and get paid for it, the NFL has no reason to do anything about it. He’s already on paid leave.

NFL isn't taking action against Deshaun Watson because it doesn't have to - ProFootballTalk

The probable reality here is that the current solution is one that was painstakingly worked out, either with direct NFL front office input, or with a lot of thought given to how that entity would be likely to act.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back