PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Gameday Thread Pats @ Browns Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good stop

Didn't he refuse to move to RB or TE?
He was out there running routes for the Jets and on the punt protection scheme. He was willing to do other things for the Jets. I'm saying when it came time for him to sign, he wasn't interested in joining a team other than as a QB. That's his choice, if that's his life ambition then I don't see how you can fault him for it.

I don't think Teebs ever refused to change position for a team, he just decided he'd rather not sign as a position other than QB. Nothing wrong with that, he isn't *****ing that he isn't in the league.

Eh, it shows that he wasn't willing to do what it takes to stay in the NFL. That doesn't make him a bad person or anything, but it does suggest he isn't half the football player that Pryor and Edelman are.

I view it as roughly equivalent to a young guy being unwilling to play on ST. Suggests that you value your ego over helping the team and staying in the league.

Time for TBs standard touchdown halftime touchdown

I do not like JE receiving punts. Don't we have anyone else? Anyone?

Hey we actually are going to see them work the last 2 minutes.

We as Pats fans are so spoiled. Most teams take a whole game to score 23 points. We're 23 and not even at the half.

I like being spoiled :cool:

He doesn't just go for it for the sake of going for it. He only goes for it when he's nearly sure it'll work.
Unfortunately, history shows he needs to change his approach. Or, see that his OC does. He's not evaluating percentages effectively. That decision late in the AFCCG is never going to disappear from my mind; it was going to take an extraordinary mistake like that, to keep the Pats from the title.

Specifically, today, that was an opportunity to get Gostkowski out there in an close up, chip shot scenario, where the angles are much sharper; kickers do not automatically have that routine experience with extra points anymore.

There simply was no good reason to go for it there.

Pats will no doubt run 1 time to run some time and then go full blown hurry up.

Heh thanks for the Ravens losing rehash.

Why take a timeout so close to the 2 minute warning? It saves 10 seconds at most.
Saved more. Without it clock runs to two minute warning, the incomplete pass and punt are burning time within two minutes. Pats possession would start at about 1:45 or perhaps less, instead of starting at 2:00

Cyrus Jones hasn't been consistent enough because that was his job.

horrific series.

would like to see gronk more involved. apart from the 1st drive, he hasnt been active at all.

Exactly why would you send him out on potentially risky routes if the game is essentially over ?

Give him some looks in the redzone but no reason to risky anything whatsoever..

We used a second rounder on Cyrus jones. So far a huge dissapoimtment

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore