PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD: Dolphins @ Pats Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Through 2 games, Belichick is ahead on that Jones trade.

Thuney has been good and Mitchell while it may have been little he's made 2 big time plays. Huge catch and gain to setup a TD last week and then a huge 3rd down conversation today

So people shouldn't be concerned about the defense? GDT are usually a hot mess but you can't deny that was a shocking let down by the defense, almost blew a 31-3 lead.

I'm relieved but concerned about our defense after that one. They played poorly in crunch time last week as well. This from a defense that many of us were calling top 10 at least.

You have to remember during the game a lot of guys went down to get looked at includinh Chung and Collins, 2 defensive leaders. Freeny getting the headset alone had to be confusing. Not excusing it. Just saying what happened.

He's getting paid to make that. No excuses.

Between that and the XP in Denver, I'm getting worried about him.
Everybody's gotta miss sometime, especially with that many attempts. Was not surprised at all with early miss.

BB did not give him the chance to redeem himself in the AFCCG, ill-advisedly (and unsuccessfully, game-costingly) going for it late within FG range.

Great points and yes.....could see vet signing for next two weeks prior to the GOAT coming back

Let's hope they look at the big picture. The Pats are 2-0 and can afford to drop two games before Brady returns. If they play well, however, and steal a game with the back-up, then they will be sitting pretty.

I wonder if they sign a veteran backup off the street if Jimmy isn't okay.

To be thrown to the wolves in the middle of a game as a rookie (and, by most accounts, an unpolished one at that), under the circumstances I thought Brissett's performance was extremely promising. I watched his entire game against Florida State (by all accounts his best college game) and he has a bit of Roethlisberger to his game (both the good parts and the bad parts) a very, very poor man's version of course. He is very, very strong and can shake off tacklers to prolong a play, but on the other hand he can hold the ball too long which risks turnovers. He almost had one turnover this game. Hopefully Josh can craft a game plan for him by Thursday, that will be a VERY difficult game IMHO.

You are right.....Brissett did a great job after being thrown in there....NO ONE would have expected that to happen to JG.....he did his job and didn't make any mistakes.....they may sign a vet if Jimmy can't come back in next 2 games
The offense under Brissett drove three times into scoring range. One was killed by a penalty, the other Gostkowski botched the kick. He did well.

Well as good as Jimmy looked these 1.5 games it is hard for a team to justify droppin a first on him unless he plays a little more. Not that i was hard in the trade Jimmy camp but if you were to now I don't think you get enough value to do it.

I just heard on the post game talk that we should get a vet QB to start till Brady comes back. That is NUTS. Brissett played decently all things considered and people want to go grab a no good scrub from the FA pile who has no familiarity with our offense?

The offense under Brissett drove three times into scoring range. One was killed by a penalty, the other Gostkowski botched the kick. He did well.
Agreed ....believe me I am ecstatic about the poise Brissett showed after being thrown into that situation.....that having been said can he get it done at his current level against the next two opponents?! ....they will HAVE to sign a backup for next two weeks I would imagine because Jimmy is OUT!!!

I just heard on the post game talk that we should get a vet QB to start till Brady comes back. That is NUTS. Brissett played decently all things considered and people want to go grab a no good scrub from the FA pile who has no familiarity with our offense?

Even an experienced vet will have difficulty grasping McDaniels' intricate system in such short time. Brisett should be the starter.

Is hoyer out there though seriously?! They need 1 more quarterback regardless of who starts

Damn, crappy defense and lousy kickers almost lost us this game. Moving forward, both have to improve and soon.

CsqY-iqUIAA2rCW.jpg:large

The game is over, which means the game-thread is now closed.

Head over to Patriots vs. Miami Post Game Thread - The OH **** Edition for post-game discussion.

We'll just have ex-QB J.E. run an option offense. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes