PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD: Dolphins @ Pats Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey.....our defenses have had a history of making JAG quarterbacks look like Tom Brady out there....no pass rush and questionable secondary....not sure why anyone expected different this year!!!

SMH.. You wouldn't know a pass rush and a good secondary if BB spelled it out for you..

39 yards isn't a chip shot. Yes, Gostkowski is awesome from 40 and under, but even he isn't perfect.
Yeah but that was a makable FG to ice the game. Between that miss and the XP in Denver last year, he is picking bad times to miss kicks.

They looked great in the first half.

Then jimmy got hurt and the wheels came off
Jimmy getting hurt DESTROYED the entire team mentally.....Defense was horrible....worst I have seen them play in past several years.....and lastly there is a pattern of misses going on for ghost....that was horrendous....at home......lastly....Game ball to Legarette Blount ....and second to Bennett!!!

For those worrying about the defense: it's worth noting that we EXPECT our offense to perform at the level that the Miami offense displayed in the second half. They get paid, too.

Win is a win. I hope Jimmy can play week 4. Can JJ Watt stop Blount? I can't wait to see!

For those worrying about the defense: it's worth noting that we EXPECT our offense to perform at the level that the Miami offense displayed in the second half. They get paid, too.
The offense played okay. Penalties killed a bunch of drives.

Typical game thread, you'd think this was '14 Week 1 vs lolphins or the MNF Chefs game.

Pats 2-0.
So people shouldn't be concerned about the defense? GDT are usually a hot mess but you can't deny that was a shocking let down by the defense, almost blew a 31-3 lead.

I'm relieved but concerned about our defense after that one. They played poorly in crunch time last week as well. This from a defense that many of us were calling top 10 at least.

Jimmy getting hurt DESTROYED the entire team mentally.....Defense was horrible....worst I have seen them play in past several years.....and lastly there is a pattern of misses going on for ghost....that was horrendous....at home......lastly....Game ball to Legarette Blount ....and second to Bennett!!!
Let's hope they look at the big picture. The Pats are 2-0 and can afford to drop two games before Brady returns. If they play well, however, and steal a game with the back-up, then they will be sitting pretty.

I wonder if they sign a veteran backup off the street if Jimmy isn't okay.

I think that isn't a fair assessment to Jacoby. He performed very well considering he was thrust into unenviable situation.
You are right.....Brissett did a great job after being thrown in there....NO ONE would have expected that to happen to JG.....he did his job and didn't make any mistakes.....they may sign a vet if Jimmy can't come back in next 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes