PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL GAMEDAY: Patriots @ Cardinals Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time in many years where I don't think we'll win. I don't like this feeling.

Foster being inactive makes sense, Bolden and White are plenty for the receiving back duties.

Harbor being inactive is kind of puzzling, but points to their game plan probably.

Aaaah!!! I don't know which official thread is officially official!

Belichick's decision to pass up the FG attempt and go for fourth and long may still be haunting both of them when they lost there in the '07 SB.
Years later, and I'm not suggesting it's why we lost, I wonder about that call. I just don't get why. Gost had played pretty well to that point in his young career.

Then why have your vet who's better at blocking out over your young'un who isn't?
I'm still sticking to my thought that we aren't going to be nearly as run heavy as most here think.

I just haven't been able to picture a scenario where Belichick expects to run the ball successfully tonight, but as @ausbacker said--who knows?

I am comfortable not winning this game today. I really want them to win as I always do but it's really best case scenario for a loss. All the other division teams lost today and this one is out of the conference. If we had to drop one this would be a good one.

As always just want to get out injury free.

Don't forget, with the rules changes limiting padded practices and such, BB now treats the first couple games as extended exhibition season...wouldn't be surprised to see longer looks at lesser known players, and protective decisions for some of the stars for this and the next few games.

OK, let me be the first to say:

This defense sucks.
The offense sucks.
They need to hire a real DC.
Why can't we get receivers that can go deep.
Blount stinks.
This O-line stinks.
They should have never traded Mankins.
They need to bring back Charlie Weis.

What else will hit these boards in the next hour?

Years later, and I'm not suggesting it's why we lost, I wonder about that call. I just don't get why. Host had played pretty well to that point in his young career.

I believe it was protecting him more than a lack of faith. If he misses that kick and the Pats lose, by 3 or less, he's forever the scapegoat, and his NE career is probably done.

wouldn't be surprised to see longer looks at lesser known players

Don't think I've ever seen this happen with guys down the depth chart with higher guys available as is the inference - guys rising like Butler - yes. Where he treats it like preseason is complexity of the gameplan - especially on defense.

Conservative, lot more zone - that's a much more likely scenario.

Don't forget, with the rules changes limiting padded practices and such, BB now treats the first couple games as extended exhibition season...wouldn't be surprised to see longer looks at lesser known players, and protective decisions for some of the stars for this and the next few games.

Not 100% sure I buy this line of thinking. I know it's a popular theory, but there are only 16 games. I think BB wants them all.

I believe it was protecting him more than a lack of faith. If he misses that kick and the Pats lose, by 3 or less, he's forever the scapegoat, and his NE career is probably done.
I hear you, but do you really think that was the thought process in the SB, one in which you're immortalized forever if your win?

Foster being inactive makes sense, Bolden and White are plenty for the receiving back duties.

Harbor being inactive is kind of puzzling, but points to their game plan probably.

The only game plan this points to is playing D and ST only.

+ If they want to use Fleming as 6th OL (without Gronk or Harbor there to block) that would really mean Waddle at LT. Or rotation there.

Strange set up for the game is getting even stranger.

Okay...Geico...the Ice-T commercial..genius.

You think Gost makes sure that he can hit the long ones in Arizona these days?

Belichick's decision to pass up the FG attempt and go for fourth and long may still be haunting both of them when they lost there in the '07 SB.

Painful memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back