PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Game Day Thread- Week 16....Bills @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was a catch.. they will tweak it.

I still have no problem at all with the catch rule. The last few times this **** got controversial, it was because people don't know what they want and just like to complain. This time it wasn't an issue with the rule, it was just a blown call.

You seem to defend nantz and romo a lot. Why can’t you hear the blatant bias they show? Yes I know romo knows the X’s and O’s which you’re obsessed with, but listen to the tone in their voices when they speak about things.

Announcers do have a rooting interest. THEY ROOT FOR A CLOSE, COMPETITIVE GAME. Often that means rooting for the underdog.

I thought we got very fortunate there. There was no clear evidence to that his foot wasn't still down at the time of possession. If it was originally called incomplete then fine but it was called a TD and should have stayed that way.

I'm certainly not going to complain however. Brady needs to be more sharp. He's had his good moments the past weeks but a number of bad throws. Hoping for a more complete performance out of him.

Gilmore and Butler are hurting us although the game remains tied. Gilmore is having some trouble covering Benjiman. I don't blame him on the reversed TD but Benjamin is making it look easy otherwise. They might need to get Gilmore some help.

Butler meanwhile keeps giving up big plays that are entirely his fault. His value is plummeting if you ask me. He'll still get paid but not near what he was looking at before this season.
I can't disagree with anything you've said, Kdo. It's all true. Gilmore and Butler . . . wow. I just don't know what to say about those guys. Both of those guys have been curious cases since Gilmore arrived, including how he arrived. I do think I see at least some of what BB saw to make him so quickly jump on Gilmore, while seemingly all but completely alienating Butler's long-term with the team. But damn. He's played exactly how he played in BUF . . . good at times, dominant at times, inconsistent mostly. But other than some saying he's not much of a locker room type of guy (at least in BUF), all word is good about how hard he works and how much film he watches. Who knows?

Buter . . . it hasn't been the response I thought we'd see from him. I thought he'd show up and play lights out to prove to the team that they made the wrong choice. He'd have another really good to stellar season, make another Pro Bowl and then leave for the mega deal. But that just is not what has happened with him. He has been sub par mostly. He still has caused a few turnovers at least.

Smart move by the Bills not to take the ball out of the EZ -

And Flowers who has been so good in the first half missed that opening play

Come one Defense ! Time to do your job and shine!

Come on defense

Seems that’s what people want nationally which is idiotic.

League will make the change because it means more fumbles, more changes of possession, commercial breaks, and more advertising revenue.

And 6 hour games but hey!

I don't mind them calling it a touchdown for automatic review but I don't know if he even got one foot down, let alone two.

I thought he got both feet down. I am happy to not give them 4 extra points...but we better win by 5 or more.

This D needs a turnover.

What bothers me the most about THE CALL is the guys in the booth making their pronouncement judgment while continuing to show the foot, when obviously it was the foot and hands simultaneously was the only criteria. I assume this can be seen in NY but not by the audience, which has to buy what Romo-Nance tell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe