PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Game Day Thread- Week 16....Bills @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest 2nd half of the season clear favs to go to the Super Bowl with the 1 seed, 3 seed i can't see it.

Would love to have Grap just in case a cliff is coming for Tom.
No I'm not a troll just don't know if it isn't coming soon missing routine throws.

The Ground has arguably been the Pats’ best defender the past few weeks :D

Pats have had 2 bad calls go their way. DPI should have maybe been opi. That TD should have stood. If I was a bills fan I'd be pissed.

how do we get rid of gilmore??? just trade him for a 6th round pick, or a midrounder..

he is worse than adalius thomas.
Sigh. You may be right. Thomas at least gave us a great first season. We went undefeated and he was a monster in the SB. I keep wanting to believe in Gilmore. I REALLY DID! He had a really solid few weeks in the middle of the season and I was very happy to see it. But overall, whether people want to squabble about how good he has or hasn't been, I don't know how anyone can justifiably say that he has earned his contract to this point. That, in itself, sucks. But the ripple effect it had on Butler's mentality and, therefore, his play . . . it just makes it an even tougher pill to f-ing swallow.

Someone with that guy's physical makeup should be in the discussion for top 2-3 in the league at his position every season. He's got it all. He's more physically gifted than Law, Revis, Butler, Samuel, et al. But I'd take anyone on that list, including Samuel, over him. I'd take Logan Ryan and maybe even Eric Rowe over him as well at this point. I just don't get it. They say he watches tons of film and works really hard. What's the disconnect in the games?

Pretty awful game by Butler so far getting consistently beat by a #3-type receiver. A pretty average -- if not below average -- continues.

If Gronk does the push that Benjamin did on Gilmore to gain the first down it is instant OPI. I wonder if Rowe wouldnt be a better matchup in terms of size and physicality.

That being said Gilmore was in great coverage on that overturned TD. Lucky he couldnt get the second foot in.

I don't think he had full possession until his foot was off the ground. Refs made the right call. TV kept focusing on the feet but left the hands out of the picture.
Nantz told them to do that

Terrible first half by Tom...luckily I like his chances at playing better in the second.

Taylor's outplayed Brady thus far. Only thing keeping the Patriots in it is Gronk, Cooks (bum!!!!), and Gilmore (bum!!!!!!!!!!!) who has only given up a completion on a blatant push off.

I think you need to show your work when you say Brady has been outplayed by Taylor.

I’ll defend cooks. Hasn’t had many targets his way and the deep pass was overthrown. He had him beat

He's had two balls thrown his way. One was a sure TD if Brady hits in stride, the other he was open and Brady missed him but he went back to get it and drew the (questionable Ravens Jumpball Joe style) DPI call.

I thought we got very fortunate there. There was no clear evidence to that his foot wasn't still down at the time of possession. If it was originally called incomplete then fine but it was called a TD and should have stayed that way.

I'm certainly not going to complain however. Brady needs to be more sharp. He's had his good moments the past weeks but a number of bad throws. Hoping for a more complete performance out of him.

Gilmore and Butler are hurting us although the game remains tied. Gilmore is having some trouble covering Benjiman. I don't blame him on the reversed TD but Benjamin is making it look easy otherwise. They might need to get Gilmore some help.

Butler meanwhile keeps giving up big plays that are entirely his fault. His value is plummeting if you ask me. He'll still get paid but not near what he was looking at before this season.

Pats have had 2 bad calls go their way. DPI should have maybe been opi. That TD should have stood. If I was a bills fan I'd be pissed.

You're nuts.

Poyer never turned back to make a play on the ball and ran into Cooks.

The TD should have never stood, he didn't gain control until he was out and it never should have ever gotten to that point because Benjamin had a clear cut OPI on a 3rd down catch

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes