PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Week 11 Pats @ Eagles

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Chatham

@chatham58

I have a secret I’d like to keep to myself until later, but last year the eventual Super Bowl champs looked really crappy three different times after mid-November...and still won the whole thing! I know, right?!?

Don’t let my friends find out...I don’t think they know
1f92b.png

Exactly !!!!!

I’m not so sure we’re winning in Baltimore in the playoffs so we better take care of business.

Suddenly that Rams game doesn’t look so tough for the Ravens.

Sanu invisible, Dorsett invisible, Harry invisible, White invisible...need some innovation on the play calling Josh

14 incompletions in a half

Unreal

This isn’t the Tom I’m used to

Matt Chatham

@chatham58

I have a secret I’d like to keep to myself until later, but last year the eventual Super Bowl champs looked really crappy three different times after mid-November...and still won the whole thing! I know, right?!?

1f92b.png

Exactly !!!!!

That team had fixable issues, this team can’t protect Brady or run the ball, you aren’t winning a super bowl with that recipe.

One bad drive from the defense apart from that they are doing their job.

The offense is just pathetic in the redzone. The frustrating thing is that it is mostly execution because the space is there to make plays. There are players open like Edelman on the double pass or White a couple times in the redzone but the blocking is not there. And when the blocking is there players are covered or straight drop TDs. I am looking at you Edelman.

Brady is clearly bothered by the wind. Had some great decisions and a couple bad ones (the almost INT in the endzone).

Fingers crossed we can win that one and then start looking forward to Wynn coming back.
I think we’ll pull out a very tough win here. Harry was open twice for huge gains (both of which could have been touchdowns) but Brady missed him. One was on a deep post on the play Philly got called for DPI. Wentz will throw an INT in the second half I think.

Bad start and half. Still to be 9-10 with the ball after under performing is pretty good.
To have played this poorly...amazing to still be in it right now

I've not given up yet but the decline in Brady is pretty obvious. Theres lots of other problems that arent on him and arent helping but he is nowhere near as sharp this season. 11 of 25? And even some completions were bad throws and or went for nothing or a loss. Unheard of.
The eagles are doing what you need to do to beat the patriots. Hit Brady

Defense has woken up.

Offense is stagnant at the GL for some reason. Brady isn’t accounting for the wind on a few throws but I like how he’s moving in the pocket.

Newhouse should be moved off the blind side or benched, period.

Folk is killing it, I expect him to be a weapon towards the end of the game.

Way too early prediction for the second half: Pats score two TDs (one on opening drive— no huddle is used to success) two more FGs and the Eagles score a TD and a FG for a Patriots victory, 29-20.

Matt Chatham

@chatham58

1f92b.png

Exactly !!!!!
"You can't express displeasure with the current game/state of the team because last year the team won the SuperBowl after playing a few bad games"

Sanu invisible, Dorsett invisible, Harry invisible, White invisible...need some innovation on the play calling Josh
Sanu being invisible is weird considering the game he had against BMore and then a bye week to get even more acclimated. Dorsett usually disappears after the first few games of the season (fool's gold every season through the first few). Harry is in his first game action in his rookie year, so it may take a little while with him. I do like his blocking so far. White's invisibility baffles me . . . no answers there.

They should start the drive up-tempo and Brady needs to try to distribute the ball to other guys, he has missed seeing Harry wide open a couple of times and he needs to give Jakobi a chance !

Yes, Pitt had a much worse OL in 2008 and won the whole thing with it. And this team compares favorably with weapons as well. Granted, Ben could shrug guys off easier than Brady, but there's enough talent to move the ball, even if Newhouse plays every snap from here on out.

Sure, but Brady is doing worse than prior seasons when the O was undermanned. I'm not sure Josh is having his best year either, there's enough talent to be better than this.
11/25 with a 4.1 YPA, so far. Yikes.

The eagles are doing what you need to do to beat the patriots. Hit Brady
Well it’s pretty easy when that Candy *** Newhouse is getting destroyed every play and cannon is getting heated most plays too....can’t put it all on Brady

Thank god we get wynn back after this game.
Seriously!!! I know he won't solve all of the OL woes, but he'll definitely settle down that left side and should make Brady a little more comfortable dropping back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes