PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Panthers

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah exactly. Imagine Lawrence here with BB as his coach. It's so hard to compare numbers when they're in totally different situations.

Fields too.
While I agree, I’m confident Mac is an excellent fit in NE. He sat behind two QBs at Alabama. He isn’t a golden child who’s been foreseen to be the greatest since age 14. BB wants an accurate, humble, hard worker / studier. Mac gives him that.

The Gilmore pass was a rookie move. But he’s at the midway point of his first season and there haven’t been that many rookie miscues.

I think we can say now that the projection for Mac as the most polished and NFL ready out of the rookie QBs was accurate.

I'm not ready to say Mac is gonna be a top 10 QB someday but one step at a time.

The fact that Jones is constantly working to improve means he is unlikely to be close to a finished product. He is way advanced in a lot of things as a rookie, but he can definitely improve himself quite a bit by working on his mechanics and transforming his body like Brady did.

I think his areas to improve are just different than the other rookie QBs. But he has the potential for improvement.

Lawrence is still better. But I doubt the other three will be as good.
You might be surprised to hear these stats but Mac Jones is handily outperforming Lawrence so far in their rookie year.

Mac Jones 1996 yards 9 tds 6 int QBR 52.6.
Trevor Lawrence 1703 yards 8 tds 9 int QBR 34.7.

Of Course Mac doesn't come off as 'sexy' or as exciting so it's easy to underestimate him.

In fact even if Mac Jones finishes the year as the #1 QB in his draft class in terms of production, which I think will happen at their current pace, I expect OROY to goto WR Ja'marr Chase instead cos he's 'sexier'.

Obviously Chase's 8 catch 201 yard performance as a rookie will have the mediots salivating over his award chances. And that's what gets votes these days, highlight reel plays, not winning football games with steady, controlled performances.

Oh damn, so you haven't seen that strip sack fumble touchdown to open the half yet?

LOL! I am still halfway through the second quarter. Don’t ruin it for me.

BTW- one of the most vocal guys who wanted to release Brandon Bolden because I thought he was redundant on ST's, I loudly RENOUNCE my erroneous position I was flat out WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Carolina’s QB Sam is having a terrible game. Looks like pats pass D beginning to gel. Lmao.

I love Brandon Bolden this game. I miss James White every game.
Same. I have never been the biggest White fan but he was running better than I had ever seen him and then went down on a play that didn't even seem violent. Rough.

Bolden is making me eat my words. He has always been excellent in pass protection and good catching. I have called him useless as a runner though.

Raise your hand is you have any confidence that the Broncos, Falcons, or Vikings holding their current leads

You might be surprised to hear these stats but Mac Jones is handily outperforming Lawrence so far in their rookie year.

Of Course Mac doesn't come off as 'sexy' or as exciting so it's easy to underestimate him.

In fact even if Mac Jones finishes the year as the #1 QB in his draft class in terms of production, which I think will happen at their current pace, I expect OROY to goto WR Ja'marr Chase instead cos he's 'sexier'.

Obviously Chase's 8 catch 201 yard performance as a rookie will have the mediots salivating over his award chances. And that's what gets votes these days, highlight reel plays, not winning football games with steady, controlled performances.

Yes, Jones has played better. But Lawrence is the better QB. Lawrence has a crappy team and coaches.

Houdini right there

Chase is runaway leader for OROY right now. He's actually not far off from being in the conversation for league MVP.

The scores around the rest of the AFC right now are very interesting. Browns up 14 on Bengals, Raiders only up 3 on the Giants, Bills tied with the Jags, Vikings up 7 on the Ravens. Have to assume the Titans will lose to the Rams tonight. The gap between the top seeds and wild cards may get very small.

wow, thought that would be a sack.....still an incompletion is good

Surprised they didn't make a QB switch. Darnold doesn't have it today.

Pretty obvious CMC isn't himself either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe