PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of which, I haven't seen Fireman Ed in a long time.
There hasn't been football with fans in a long time.

We get the ball to start.

If I know Saleh, he'll be blitz happy.

Release the Mac-ken!

Like I mentioned, I didn't watch him personally in college the way that I have guys like Mac, Barmore, and Damien Harris, so I can't say from first hand knowledge what his pass protection was like. But the Bleacher Report Draft Profiles said his pass protection in college was a strength: StephensonDraftProfile . But, admittedly while looking up draft profiles that spoke to his blocking I found one other that essentially said the opposite, so who knows. Certainly his pass protection was bad against Miami, that one play where he just about got Mac killed was at least as egregious as the fumble.
I'm pretty sure the reason Stephenson isn't playing is his pass protection woes, and NOT the fumble. And it doesn't mean Stephenson CAN'T block. It's more likely he doesn't fully understand WHO he is to block and make the LOS adjustments the QB calls out. As we have seen in the past,. THIS is the Achilles Heel that a LOT of rookie RB's have had trouble. AND with the Jets likely to blitz at least half the time, this is NOT at good team for Pham to practice on.

Like I mentioned, I didn't watch him personally in college the way that I have guys like Mac, Barmore, and Damien Harris, so I can't say from first hand knowledge what his pass protection was like. But some of the Draft Profiles said his pass protection in college was a strength, here is one: StephensonDraftProfile .
Just letting you know what I saw after actually watching him. He wasn't bad but wasn't asked to pass protect a lot. Again had problems specifically against the blitz. Picking up muggers inside.

Sometimes you have to be careful who you're listening to. Some of the stuff I hear on here is obviously just taken and repeated. Nate Tice forgot more about football than I'll ever know but isn't someone I'd go to for college/draft stuff. Nate is great at explaining and understanding scheme and picking horses.

Also most of those "reports" are written by kids who's friend let's them write on a site. There's 100000 sites nowadays, anyone can put out a report or mock draft. Trust me DraftTwitter, most draft stuff online is garbage. Find 2 or 3 people with a background, track record and insight to listen to. Brugler, LZ & Waldman are 3 of the best you could find.

Thank god for nfl Sunday ticket

The one where Brady locks himself in a hotel suite with a mattress?
or
The one where Brady strokes a footlong?

Sounds like the same one.

Oof. Don’t lose the ball. Don’t. Just do not.

More self inflicted mistakes. Christ,

That’s a fumble

Saleh is an idiot.. hasn't he heard of forward progress?

God faulking shiznit weak fumbles!!!!

Jesus fuking christ guys

our guys have to hold on to the ball.....we got lucky on that one

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST