PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Dolphins

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game was lost on not throwing challenge on that INT.

You cannot challenge an INT. It is automatically reviewed. Obviously the booth decided not to overturn it.

Game was lost on not throwing challenge on that INT.

Obvious PI but would have never been overturned. Refs would have called the ball uncatchable.

In other news. In the Saints game Winston has 24 passing yards and 3 sacks for -26 yards. For a total of -2. Yet they somehow managed to score 7.

So not a lot of good QB play week 1. They best QB in this time slot has been freaking Wentz or maybe Hurts. LOL That's where we are at NFL.

The most surprising thing to me is that this team looks exactly the same as last year. Make some plays to give you some hope, make a ton of crucial mistakes that wipe out all of the work they put in. Where’s the improved Mac attack? Where’s the speed on D to stop the slants and dump offs? Been some good open field tackling to limit the YAC, but come on. Miami could run those slants all day. If Mac finishes this year the same as last year, we better be giving him some serious competition this offseason.

To everyone who says I’m crazy that bill doesn’t have it anymore. He could have hired a young offensive coordinator like a qb coach at any of the other 31 teams but no instead he makes his former defensive coordinator and special teams coordinator who failed as head coaches run the offense. This is the result of that. Defense has played okay, the offense has regressed from last year
Way to bring some fresh material to the Game Day thread!
What would we do without you?

If the Dolphins have been playing like a very beatable team, then NE must really suck.

They 14 points off of two plays that the Pats made a mistake. And this first game of the season. You draw any conclusions about any team after the first week.

Definitely don’t see the offense issues being a talent issue when you look at the personnel. This is a coaching problem.
The offense lacks creativity and no explosive plays whatsoever. That’s a recipe for a losing football team not a winning one

There's no signs of this team being good at anytime, the roster is complete garbage and objectively Mac Jones is never going to be more than Kirk Cousins, that's fine if the roster and coaching is elite but if your rosters is one of the 10 worst in the NFL that's 7 wins.

You cannot challenge an INT. It is automatically reviewed. Obviously the booth decided not to overturn it.
I thought one can challenge a missed PI. I remember as a result of that Saints game.

The good plays on offense and defense outnumbered the bad plays in the first half but the two turnovers numerous penalties and whatever the the **** that last play was has this one looking like a blow out.

Need a stop and a score to start the half or this one is a wrap

It looks bad now. But get a stop to start the 2nd half and score....then we will see what happens.

I thought one can challenge a missed PI. I remember as a result of that Saints game.

You can challenge PI, but all turnovers are automatically reviewed by the officials in NY.

The most surprising thing to me is that this team looks exactly the same as last year. Make some plays to give you some hope, make a ton of crucial mistakes that wipe out all of the work they put in. Where’s the improved Mac attack? Where’s the speed on D to stop the slants and dump offs? Been some good open field tackling to limit the YAC, but come on. Miami could run those slants all day. If Mac finishes this year the same as last year, we better be giving him some serious competition this offseason.

You really thought they would unleash all of these things in preseason game #4?

hysterical-laughter.gif

I hate to say, but the issues that were glaringly obvious in the preseason....are still issues Game 1. They better do something to tighten up that pass protection or Mac won't survive September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back