PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread - Pats @ Bills

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just dawned on me, how the hell could either team kick off and have the ball stay in bounds?
In golf they have knock-down shots. I wonder if kickers can do that with a low follow through.

The Bills have faced one good qb this year, Mahomes, 2 if u count Ben . Only Tenn, colts and chiefs have been able to run on them . Dont think running will be easy, box will be loaded .
Thats when you overload one side, crash that side and send have the RB run wide of the crash so that he only has to deal with a CB..

Think we will see a TON of 2 & 3 TE sets with Onwenu reporting as Eligible.

Huge test for this football team. They had the guts to fight themselves out of a 2-4 hole. If you cant win this game, dont deserve the #1 seed.

People might want to get over to the prediction thread...2-0? 14-7? Might be a mighty low scoring affair...
Agreed. I need to update mine unless the Ds score a ton on picks sixes

This very well could end up being a 3-0 final score!!!

Inactives:

I love crazy weather conditions for football games, but ultimately it lessens the excitement for this game. It would have been good to see both teams be able to unleash their best, to really test each strength against the best opposition. But, this is going to be a slug-fest and likely both coaches will try to play safe and it will be a possession and field-position game. Unless the wind really dies down at half-time where the air game gets going, it'll probably be a 16-13 type of game. Although, I can't imagine the kickers are going to be able to do much. So, maybe we'll see a ton of 4th down attempts.

I know everyone is expecting the weather to cause a super low scoring game, but I'm gonna keep my 27-24 (Pats) prediction because if I'm right, I get to look like a genius. Also, you never know. You can score in the snow.

People thought that the snow game against the Titans a ways back would be "low scoring". Pats put up 59..

With this weather, anything can happen.
True, but snow is much different than 50mph wind gusts. If it was just snow or even rain, that's fine. But, especially for Mac, this seems to be the kind of stuff that he's not ready to throw deep in. However, our 10-15 yard dink and dunk playbook can still work just fine. And it seems more of Allen's temptation to still prove he can throw through anything.

I know everyone is expecting the weather to cause a super low scoring game, but I'm gonna keep my 27-24 (Pats) prediction because if I'm right, I get to look like a genius. Also, you never know. You can score in the snow.
I went 37- 20 pats before seeing just how bad the weather was. I'm not thinking that it's possible, but screw it, in for a penney in for a pound.

True, but snow is much different than 50mph wind gusts. If it was just snow or even rain, that's fine. But, especially for Mac, this seems to be the kind of stuff that he's not ready to throw deep in. However, our 10-15 yard dink and dunk playbook can still work just fine. And it seems more of Allen's temptation to still prove he can throw through anything.

With 50mph wind gusts, there is no NFL QB who can consistently and accurately throw deep. Obviously a stronger arm/tighter spiral helps, but at that point anything more than 10-15 yards downfield, no matter how strong your arm is, won't work.

Arm strength is less important than technique and decision making tonight. Nothing more than 10-15 yards down the field, keep the nose of the ball down, snap the wrist, keep the spiral as tight as possible.

nope...they axed Gary Glitter's Rock$Roll part2....some kind of sex scandal...ironically, uh...Bob Kraft..you know...Orchids of Malaysia or something?

Whatever peccadillos Kraft might have committed, at least his involved adults rather than kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes